Houston
Sponsored by

F3 - Free Men's workout - come join us!

48,268 Views | 405 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by Rule Number 32
nosoupforyou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in West Houston and about 6 months ago I was invited by a friend to get up early and come join the group for a workout. I declined... too early.

Then in January, my buddy hit me up to come out on a Saturday am when they meet at 6:30. I had nothing going on so I said, sure.. I'll come.. and haven't looked back.

Anybody else already in F3? Share your story to encourage others to join.

If not, here's what it's about:

• men only
  • always free - it's volunteer lead each time
  • meets in public locations
  • rain or shine
  • no equipment necessary
  • each group has 10-20 guys - when they get up to 30, they split and add a new location
  • there are some groups that meet and do Sandbag/Ruck work as bonus

There are about 30 groups that meet all over Houston, and over 2,600 groups that meet across the USA.
Each workout is lead by a different attendee and unique to keep it fresh and fun - think burpees, pushups, sit-ups, then run across the parking lot and do dips and calf raises on the curb, then run around a cone and do mountain climbers and bear crawls, etc - 45 minute workouts that usually start at 5:30 am weekdays and 6:30 am on Saturdays.
This is not CrossFit - it's regular guys meeting up 3-4 times a week.

F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. www.F3Nation.com to see more.

Ask me any questions you might have- I'd love to encourage others to join us out there.
RK
AG
i've been to one in bellaire a few times. got my ass kicked by a bunch of 50+ year old dudes each time. it's a good program.
05AG
AG
Sounds interesting. Do you just show up?
nosoupforyou
AG
Many people do - but I'd be happy to connect you with someone at the group closest to you. Which one looks best and I'll help out for sure.
05AG
AG
Great! I live in Cypress.
herb96
AG
so ... not fight club?
nosoupforyou
AG
05AG said:

Got this from a guy that attends The Crux - the group that meets in Cypress

we meet in cypress at the corner of west rd and queenston rd in the west Houston church of Christ parking lot,

M-W-F 0530-0615
Saturday 0630-0730

Report back if you are able to go! It's good to wear gloves in case they do bear crawls
jrrhouston98
AG
I'm in Katy. I looked a while back and didn't see a group. What part of west houston are you in? I'd love to get involved in this.
nosoupforyou
AG
jrrhouston98 said:

I'm in Katy. I looked a while back and didn't see a group. What part of west houston are you in? I'd love to get involved in this.

There are groups near Fry Road and I-10, Westgreen and I-10

As well as a group near Seven Lakes HS and another group near Jordan High School in Cross Creek Ranch

I'll be at the one at Kingsland Baptist parking lot at 5:30 Tue and Thu- come find us!
AggieStan
Rice Military area/Memorial Park ??
Ragoo
AG
Anyone in cypress need a running partner for longer runs let me know. I am in towne lake.
Post removed:
by user
nosoupforyou
AG
Ragoo said:

Anyone in cypress need a running partner for longer runs let me know. I am in towne lake.

The F3 guys do long runs on Wednesday and Sunday - meet near I-10 and Westgreen and I-10 near Barker Cypress

Not for me but they are out there
nosoupforyou
AG
third coast.. said:

I hit the gym often but you 0530 freaks are crazy

I said the same thing - now I'm used to it and can't wait to see my brothers in the gloom on days I train
nosoupforyou
AG
AggieStan said:

Rice Military area/Memorial Park ??

There is a group that meets in Memorial Park -

On the www.f3nation.com website click on Locations and it will show you the locations on a map all across the US. Note though... not all groups are listed as they have to go for a few months to fully establish before they 'Launch'.

nosoupforyou
AG
RK said:

i've been to one in bellaire a few times. got my ass kicked by a bunch of 50+ year old dudes each time. it's a good program.

2 groups meet in Bellaire now - get back in there!
swbiffy
I post at Memorial Park/The Hogg regularly. That is the original Houston location. The map and schedule online is accurate. We have a new location getting started this week in West Houston, in the Energy Corridor that I will likely be at most of the time until it is established, but would be happy to meet you at memorial Park if you decide to come on out.
swbiffy
05AG said:

Sounds interesting. Do you just show up?
You can, but let me and nosoupforyou know and one of us will meet you so you have a friendly face early in the morning. Lots Ags at some of the locations, especially Katy, Friendswood, few others.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
nosoupforyou
AG
third coast.. said:

Wait just finished reading OP. Does the actual workout have a religious bent to it?

It's like AA.. male community leadership is the focus and it's good to acknowledge a higher power - bigger than you.

we finish with a prayer but I assure you many guys are Christian and many are not - all are respected and that's very important.
nosoupforyou
AG
third coast.. said:

Anything in clear lake/south shore?

Just checked - there is a group in Deer Park, Pearland, Friendswood, and League City.. and there may be 'off the books' groups that haven't made the website yet
schmendeler
AG
Quote:

F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith.

I could not be more disappointed in the meaning of those F's.
AMW2010
AG
nosoupforyou said:

05AG said:

we meet in cypress at the corner of west rd and queenston rd in the west Houston church of Christ parking lot,

M-W-F 0530-0615
Saturday 0630-0730

Report back if you are able to go! It's good to wear gloves in case they do bear crawls

That's literally a few blocks from me... but like person said above me... I don't wanna get my ass kicked by dudes in there 50's
nosoupforyou
AG
AMW2010 said:

nosoupforyou said:

05AG said:

M-W-F 0530-0615
Saturday 0630-0730

That's literally a few blocks from me... but like person said above me... I don't wanna get my ass kicked by dudes in there 50's

At my group at there are about 35 guys that are around and 5 are 50 or above ... including one that is 61!

But most are 30's and 40's.. not sure actual age average to be honest

No complaints please guys.. interest or just move on
SnowboardAg
AG
I'm interested in the memorial park group.
swbiffy
SnowboardAg said:

I'm interested in the memorial park group.
I post their regularly. I was there this morning, what would you like to know?
swbiffy
schmendeler said:

Quote:

I should leave this alone, but I am too curious. What were you hoping for?
SnowboardAg
AG
Where you guys meet - I'd like to try it out.

I see it says "Kickball Field" on the website - I'm guessing that's where
swbiffy
SnowboardAg said:

Where you guys meet - I'd like to try it out.

I see it says "Kickball Field" on the website - I'm guessing that's where
We meet in the first parking lot right where the drop pin is. It is surprisingly accurate. We circle up in the grass right there to the north or the first parking lot.

I am going between a couple different locations, so let me know when you want to show up so there be at least one Ag out there. We have a few, but I never know who is showing up.
Madmarttigan
AG
swbiffy said:

schmendeler said:

Quote:

I should leave this alone, but I am too curious. What were you hoping for?

I can see that you are new here
HvilleAggie
AG
Where will the energy corridor group be meeting?
nosoupforyou
AG
HvilleAggie said:

Where will the energy corridor group be meeting?
Bridgepoint Bible Church - we will always meet in their south parking lot, and then sometimes run over to Terry Hershey Park since it's so close. they have a great hill to do some work on.

That group has been going Off the Books for a month or two on Saturdays only - but starts Tue/Thu/Sat schedule this Saturday. I'll be out there Saturday at 6:30 - come on!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Wish there was one north of 290; west and queenston isn't exactly Cypress
Silky Johnston
3rd Coast is a devil worshipper, and for that reason, he is out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.