Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,514 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has there been any mention about how our large population of undocumented residents may affect the numbers?

Are illegals afraid to go get tested and/or go to a hospital?
Bondag
AG
Ag_07 said:

Has there been any mention about how our large population of undocumented residents may affect the numbers?

I heard a somewhat tongue in cheek interview that Mexico had not seen a lot of these issues because their immune systems are used to fighting off a lot of stuff mainly because they will eat tongue and tripe.

Also went on to say that unless you are missing a limb you don't want to go to a Mexican hospital.
ptothemo
AG
third coast.. said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Galveston gettin' ahead of Kappa / Beach Party Weekend I see.
kappa hasnt been around for years.
I'm just really happy that my Monday morning is starting out like this. "Turnin' the seawall into the See Paul Wall"

TXTransplant
TXTransplant said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Harris county now with most cases in Texas at 526 (overtaking Dallas who has 488) but so far, our death rate is far lower than theirs.

Remembering of course, with this reporting, present numbers reflect past data since testing has a 4 day turnaround (unless something has changed)

I read something today that said turnaround time is more like 6 to as many as 10 days. But I can't find the link.

Found the link.

https://m.chron.com/neighborhood/moco/news/article/With-2-new-cases-Montgomery-County-s-15165049.php

"Public labs are taking between three and six days," he said. "Private labs are taking between two and four days."

But there are instances of it taking up to 10 days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2020/03/28/coronavirus-test-results-texas-are-taking-10-days/amp/

RAB91
cone
AG
this whole thing ****ing sucks
drumboy
AG
For testing times info....family member was tested late last Monday (like close to midnight) and got results by Thursday morning.

Coworker was tested Monday and after calling several times it seems his test was lost. He's still a bit sick but they say he's not sick enough now to get tested again.
Tabasco
AG
T Durden said:

Galveston gettin' ahead of Kappa / Beach Party Weekend I see.

Oh no! That and Freaknik 2020. How am I going to wile out this year!
Is Freaknik still a thing? I dated a girl while at Auburn, and she told me she got lost in Atlanta (during Freaknik) at night. I cop stopped her and told her she needs to GTFO pronto.
Tabasco
AG

Which raises another issue ...

How many people gonna get killed the night after the lockdown gets lifted? You gonna have a bunch of wild ass animals runnin' out gettin turnt with a pocket full of Trump bux.

Hell, I may be one of em. Who knows?
I would buy yo rap album right now! Take my money!!
BohunkAg
AG
Betoisafurry
What a ****ing embarrassment
ChemAg15
AG
I was gonna steal some tires later but I guess I'll chill instead.
Texaggie7nine
Criminals have hearts too.
7nine
IrishTxAggie
AG
Keegan99
AG
This was the mother of a high school friend of mine. My friend and his wife are both Aggies. He's also a pastor, and has been sharing on Facebook.

Fortunately, his mother was able to transition to hospice care and phone her family before she passed.

The worst is his dad has to grieve largely alone due to quarantine, though family members have visited out in the yard while his dad remained on the porch.

(His dad is perfectly well, if any of you are curious.)
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sorry for their loss
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Keegan99 said:

This was the mother of a high school friend of mine. My friend and his wife are both Aggies. He's also a pastor, and has been sharing on Facebook.

Fortunately, his mother was able to transition to hospice care and phone her family before she passed.

The worst is his dad has to grieve largely alone due to quarantine, though family members have visited out in the yard while his dad remained on the porch.

(His dad is perfectly well, if any of you are curious.)

My cousin and his wife are going through a similar issue now. Her father had a lung issue and deteriorated rather suddenly. They didn't get the results of his test until after he'd passed and she had been in direct contact with him. They're under quarantine for about another week but she can't really see any of her family outside of talking to them from her porch.
Keegan99
AG
Friend's father is not quite perfectly well, per the latest updates. He tested positive, and is exhibiting a low grade fever and loss of smell.
Tabasco
AG
Keegan99 said:

Friend's father is not quite perfectly well, per the latest updates. He tested positive, and is exhibiting a low grade fever and loss of smell.
Are they able to get hydroxychloroquine , or is it only reserved for those too far gone to be effective?
Keegan99
AG
No mention of treatment for the dad.

The woman who passed did have some heart problems, from my understanding.
07ag
AG
BohunkAg said:

https://ts.la/eric59704
cone
AG
i don't get that

HCQ doesn't seem to do anything for people in the ICU

it's needed early
TXTransplant
Thought this should be posted here, too.

42 year old father of 3 on a ventilator in Houston. They are looking for a plasma donation from a type AB/A patient who has recovered from the virus.

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3103605

Keegan99
AG
https://mypearlandnews.com/2020/03/30/brazoria-county-confirms-its-first-death-from-coronavirus/

News story on her passing.
chickenfingers
AG
Ag_07 said:

Have you ever been to an emergency room?
jja79
AG
Did criminals get permission from the mayor to resume their wicked ways when we get the all clear?
FarmerJohn
AG
Sorry to hear. I'm afraid this will continue to get more personal.
Al Bula
AG
If you'll allow me to get literary here for a minute, a quote from Animal Farm comes to mind:
Quote:

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Fitch
AG
Immediate shelter in place issued after 12 residents at an age-restricted community in The Woodlands test positive.

TitanAGGIE09
AG
Not a question to extend, but for how long....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/03/31/harris-county-houston-could-extend-stay-home-work-safe-order-tuesday-judge-says/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-judge-to-extend-stay-at-home-order-15167646.php?_gl=1*1bbn57h*_ga*YW1wLVZfbjEtakJSVFEzUUVQN1VseEI2ZXBRSDYxTWx0OGlrWVIyTXREd2pOMHZvbVRHSkJqTm5Ndi1YSTRnaTgwLWo.
Fitch
AG
Quote:

Hidalgo said more than 3,700 tests have been completed at Harris County's two testing sites. That does not include tests that have been completed at the city's site, as well as hundreds of others completed at private hospitals and clinics.

The city only has one site with 250 tests/day.

Crazy.
Dolphin Roper
AG
I don't post often, but I am in serious need of prayer. I have been quite sick for 9 days, and my covid test has come back positive. Unfortunately, it has infiltrated my lungs and I have been admitted to the hospital on iv antibiotics. This has been the hardest week of my life and not sure what will happen next. Husband and I are both Aggies, class of 99 and 00. Have two young daughters at home with no symptoms so far. Please, please keep me and my family in your prayers.
MrMiyAggie
AG
Keep fighting dolphin

Prayers
SpringAg92
Oh my goodness Dolphin, Prayers for you and your family.
gougler08
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Not a question to extend, but for how long....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/03/31/harris-county-houston-could-extend-stay-home-work-safe-order-tuesday-judge-says/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-judge-to-extend-stay-at-home-order-15167646.php?_gl=1*1bbn57h*_ga*YW1wLVZfbjEtakJSVFEzUUVQN1VseEI2ZXBRSDYxTWx0OGlrWVIyTXREd2pOMHZvbVRHSkJqTm5Ndi1YSTRnaTgwLWo.
I mean wasn't this a given once Trump extended guidance til April 30?
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.