Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,431 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yep. the only question is whether its another two weeks or through April 30
pasquale
AG
jja79 said:

Did criminals get permission from the mayor to resume their wicked ways when we get the all clear?

We will soon find out. County Judge to start releasing inmates that are low level criminals
Al Bula
AG
Keep on fighting! Don't give up!
gougler08
AG
BMX Bandit said:

yep. the only question is whether its another two weeks or through April 30
Even if they do announce 2 weeks, I'm just assuming that everything is staying throughout April at this point. My guess is the next Abbott press conference will officially stop school for the year as well
Jack Cheese
AG
Dolphin Roper said:

I don't post often, but I am in serious need of prayer. I have been quite sick for 9 days, and my covid test has come back positive. Unfortunately, it has infiltrated my lungs and I have been admitted to the hospital on iv antibiotics. This has been the hardest week of my life and not sure what will happen next. Husband and I are both Aggies, class of 99 and 00. Have two young daughters at home with no symptoms so far. Please, please keep me and my family in your prayers.

Do you or your family need anything right now? Definitely will pray.
Fitch
AG
You've got this. Hang in there and concentrate on getting better. You and your family have our prayers.
TraditionsPD
AG
Praying for you and your family
CFTXAG10
AG
Prayers up for you and your family. Keep fighting!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Thank you for sharing. These stories emphasize how serious this is. We're pulling for you and your family.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Dolphin Roper said:

I don't post often, but I am in serious need of prayer. I have been quite sick for 9 days, and my covid test has come back positive. Unfortunately, it has infiltrated my lungs and I have been admitted to the hospital on iv antibiotics. This has been the hardest week of my life and not sure what will happen next. Husband and I are both Aggies, class of 99 and 00. Have two young daughters at home with no symptoms so far. Please, please keep me and my family in your prayers.
I'm sorry to hear this. I tested positive for the virus 2 weeks ago and have recovered. I read about a plasma transfusion treatment from recovered patients. I am minutes from the medical center and can donate if needed. I know Methodist is doing it, but haven't heard anything about donors volunteering. charles0608ag at gmail. Will respond immediately.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/03/29/houston-methodist-first-in-nation-to-be-approved-by-fda-to-transfuse-donated-plasma-from-recovered-covid-19-patient/
Agz_2003
Agz_2003
AG
Good Bull Dr. Venkman. Thank you
Ag_07
AG
There was someone else on here looking for a recovered victim for plasma donation.

Here it is...https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3103605/next
Dr. Venkman
AG
I just read the thread and facebook link. I am O+ blood type.
TexAgs1992
Fitch said:

Quote:

Hidalgo said more than 3,700 tests have been completed at Harris County's two testing sites. That does not include tests that have been completed at the city's site, as well as hundreds of others completed at private hospitals and clinics.

The city only has one site with 250 tests/day.

Crazy.
Is Dora the Explorer more competent than Sly in getting facilities ramped up across the county compared to the city limits?
swimmerbabe11
As much **** as y'all are giving her, I don't think she's done anything different than what anyone else has/would do. Has she?
Jock 07
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

As much **** as y'all are giving her, I don't think she's done anything different than what anyone else has/would do. Has she?

You mean other than calling for the release of murders and thugs from jail?
CDUB98
AG
Jock 07 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Yup, the release of criminals is pure social justice warrior bull***** These dumb****s really believe the criminals in jail are not guilty and it's only the white man laws that put them there.
swimmerbabe11
Okay, that one is valid. Otherwise, testing and all of that.. she's kinda at the mercy of what resources are available.

I get the non-violent criminals bit, just because if someone gets sick in the prisons.. that's an automatic **** show to try to deal with. They may be thugs/criminals.. but they are still citizens with rights and when in custody, we are responsible for their health and safety.
CDUB98
AG
Use their cell as the hospital bed and treat them there, but don't release them.
Martin Q. Blank
swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay, that one is valid. Otherwise, testing and all of that.. she's kinda at the mercy of what resources are available.

I get the non-violent criminals bit, just because if someone gets sick in the prisons.. that's an automatic **** show to try to deal with. They may be thugs/criminals.. but they are still citizens with rights and when in custody, we are responsible for their health and safety.
Treat their symptoms just like any other illness going through a prison. Don't release them.

Regarding testing, I would want someone with good negotiating skills putting pressure on wherever the tests are coming from. I don't have much faith in young Lina Hidalgo to accomplish that.
Teddy Perkins
AG
New resource from Rice that tracks the number of people tested across the state, current hospital bed utilization rate and the numbers of staffed beds and intensive care beds in Texas hospitals.

https://www.coronavirusintexas.org/
BMX Bandit
Jock 07 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

has she called for the release of murderers and thugs?

or just non-violent criminals?

because Emmitt would have done that also. Theres a reason the Governor specifically said counties are not prohibited from releasing non-violent offenders. the cost of a widespread corona outbreak is a jail would be tremendous. its not worth keeping some of these people locked up.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I could get behind it if it meant Joe Exotic goes free
Ag_07
AG
Why has there not been more concerning the travel restrictions from LA?

Abbott put the order in but on the news TXDOT says there are increased patrols along major thoroughfares, but no check points or monitoring stations etc. They're interviewing people at the rest stop from LA saying they just drove right in. Hell one guy drove for days from NYC because he has health issues and was fleeing.

WTF is the point? They really think a couple extra patrol cars are gonna keep someone from fleeing ground zero to here?
swimmerbabe11
Quote:

Treat their symptoms just like any other illness going through a prison. Don't release them.

The problem is if one person gets sick, it will run through the whole prison and that's a big big problem on resources/ventilators. I'm not saying that releasing is the right solution, just that I totally understand that this is a really valid concern. There is no "social distance" in a prison.
drumboy
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

You angling to be his new Travis?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
drumboy said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

The guy's hard to not like
Jack Cheese
AG
Ag_07 said:

Abbott put the order in but on the news TXDOT says there are increased patrols along major thoroughfares, but no check points or monitoring stations etc. They're interviewing people at the rest stop from LA saying they just drove right in. Hell one guy drove for days from NYC because he has health issues and was fleeing.

WTF is the point? They really think a couple extra patrol cars are gonna keep someone from fleeing ground zero to here?

As much as I agree with Abbott about this, it may just be posturing. Checkpoints and turning people back is questionable at best from a constitutional rights perspective.
Bondag
AG
Ag_07 said:

It would be a lot easier to put national guard in NYC where you have a couple dozen ways to leave instead on patrolling highways in Texas.
drumboy
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

drumboy said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Texaggie7nine
CDUB98 said:

Jock 07 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Yup, the release of criminals is pure social justice warrior bull***** These dumb****s really believe the criminals in jail are not guilty and it's only the white man laws that put them there.
It's not so much that they think they are not guilty. They truly believe that systematic racism forced them to commit crime, and that white people would do less time in jail for the same thing.

I say, if you truly believe that and you think someone should be freed, then you have to sponsor them in your home and be responsible for their actions. If they commit a crime while out, then you go to jail too.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
drumboy said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

drumboy said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

I mean, if I get to spend all day playing with tigers, smokin weed, shooting **** with tannerite, ride around on 4 wheelers, ect, hell I'd consider it.
7nine
chilidogfood
AG
I feel like there is a better path he could have taken.

"We've given direction for police officers to breathe directly in the face of anyone they arrest and we're currently experiencing a 1 in 5 infection rate. Your move *******s."

bearkatag15
AG
Stay at home order extended to April 30th

First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.