Houston
Sponsored by

Man levels 3-decades-old bullying charge against Katy ISD's superintendent

38,990 Views | 263 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by vansprinkle
White Liberals=The Worst
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agz win said:

I'd remember if my head touched toilet water involuntarily but I would've handled it privately, even if years later, without whining to the public.
Yep, you kick the guys ass (use weapons if you have to...life ain't fair) or do nothing at all. Kind of a b*tch move to try to bring awareness or shame him.
MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

I barely remember what happened 40 minutes ago.

You choose to because you have gender dysphoria, you forget you're a woman one minute and then a man the next. Are you Buffalo Bill?
FtBendTxAg
AG
hindt once saw me pour a bottle of water on somebody and made me clean the cafeteria after lunch for 2 weeks.
nonameag99
nhayden said:

BohunkAg said:

I barely remember what happened 40 minutes ago.

You choose to because you have gender dysphoria, you forget you're a woman one minute and then a man the next. Are you Buffalo Bill?
Just so everyone knows nhayden is a TSIP

KW02
AG
Judge from Alabama was on the news last night and said he witnessed the guy bully people all the time as well.
HtownAg92
AG
I have trouble with the characterization of what he did as a "mistake" made in high school that he shouldn't be judged for today. Getting a MIP in high school is a mistake. Getting caught vandalizing the library is a mistake. Even something like stealing a car or motorcycle to joy ride is a mistake.

Slamming on your brakes with your girlfriend in the car to confront a man who tells you to slow down in his neighborhood, then beating him almost to death is not a "mistake". The number of broken bones in the victim shows vicious brutality. That's sociopathic behavior that doesn't easily change.

As for the victim not getting any money, almost every settlement is confidential. He could have gotten money but is bound by contract not to disclose it.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

agz win said:

Is this one of those OTL things? So much drama out there.

With so much drama in KISD, it's kind of hard standing up to big bullies, but I, somehow someway, keep waging a war against bullies who are secretly gay.

Man hold up!
So it's not cool to be a bully but is it cool to speculate that the "bully" is an animal humper, pedo, or closeted gay? Talk about sinking to their level.
Post removed:
by user
Smokedraw01
There like be an event at the Merrill Center on Monday at 4:30 to show support for Hindt.
schmendeler
AG
Will it be held in the men's room?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Good grief
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

agz win said:

With so much drama in KISD, it's kind of hard standing up to big bullies, but I, somehow someway, keep waging a war against bullies who are secretly gay.

Man hold up!
So it's not cool to be a bully but is it cool to speculate that the "bully" is an animal humper, pedo, or closeted gay? Talk about sinking to their level.

Maybe I'm the only one but I immediately read Wycliffe's post in the rhythm of Snoop Dogg's "Gin & Juice."

I thought it was gold. But maybe I'm the only one who got it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

Mr_mo8268 said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

agz win said:

Man hold up!

Maybe I'm the only one but I immediately read Wycliffe's post in the rhythm of Snoop Dogg's "Gin & Juice."

I thought it was gold. But maybe I'm the only one who got it.

I thought it was pretty obvious
BigPuma
AG
some people aren't thoed enough to appreciate a little snoop now and again.
Mr_mo8268
AG
I recognized the Gin & Juice part but I am not giving some guy props while speculates that the guy is an animal jumper, a pedo, or a closeted homosexual. Maybe I'm being too sensitive
94chem
Don't know anything about Snoop, but I did hear once that when you turn 30, your baggage is yours. So, I suppose if you want to blame the bullied guy for how he handled things, that's okay. But it's also true that not everybody gets the help they need, and they carry stuff with them forever. So, I'm okay with the perpetrator being held accountable, even if the victim comes across as vindictive and inept. After all, isn't that the life that bullying is supposed to engender?
94chem
Wycliffe can sniff somebody's fart and develop a complete psychological profile. The problem is that he spends too much time alone in phone booths.
Mr_mo8268
AG
94chem said:

Don't know anything about Snoop, but I did hear once that when you turn 30, your baggage is yours. So, I suppose if you want to blame the bullied guy for how he handled things, that's okay. But it's also true that not everybody gets the help they need, and they carry stuff with them forever. So, I'm okay with the perpetrator being held accountable, even if the victim comes across as vindictive and inept. After all, isn't that the life that bullying is supposed to engender?
So you don't actually believe in the quote you heard about baggage post 30? Bullying sucks no doubt but plenty of young people go through much more adversity and troubling events than bullying. Get over it, get strong be forever weak and forever unsuccessful. You won't catch me ever having sympathy for someone in this guy's shoes. Life is very tough, get over it.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
BigPuma said:

some people aren't thoed enough to appreciate a little snoop now and again.

I'm not thoed at all and somehow it still popped into my brain immediately. The lack of stars made me think people didn't get it.
Pahdz
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah, I was at Dulles when he was a football coach/ history(?) teacher in the 90s. At least then he was the definition of NOT a bully. Not a stereotypical meat head football coach but a nice, we'll respected man. Wasn't surprised at all ad hr got into administration and worked his way up the food chain.

I have no idea of what he was like 35 years ago but 25 years ago he certainly wasn't an *******.

I don't know how they're related, but Garrett Hindt ended up at Dulles after quitting football at Katy in the mid 90's. Makes sense now.
Smokedraw01
Pahdz said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah, I was at Dulles when he was a football coach/ history(?) teacher in the 90s. At least then he was the definition of NOT a bully. Not a stereotypical meat head football coach but a nice, we'll respected man. Wasn't surprised at all ad hr got into administration and worked his way up the food chain.

I have no idea of what he was like 35 years ago but 25 years ago he certainly wasn't an *******.

Dulles huh? So this must be Garrett Hindt's dad. Garrett was one of our team captains at Katy. Got in a fight, cussed out coaches in practice one afternoon, quit the team and transferred to Dulles the next day.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree, but this whole thing is ridiculous.

I don't think so. Hindt's son is either in college or just out of college as I understand it.
Pahdz
Huh, wonder if it's a brother or uncle? This was 1996. Stupid to think it was his dad, sometimes I forget how old I am.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Oh, that story sound familiar, but it's been a long time. I think I graduated with that guy. I don't remember if there was a connection to Coach Hindt.
Karl Hungus
AG
Garrett Hindt was his younger brother I believe

I went to Dulles grad 97 knew both of them well

Marvin_Zindler
AG
So the superintendent finally resigned:
http://abc13.com/education/cheers-and-boos-mixed-reaction-to-katy-superintendents-resignation/3459071/

Any insight from the folks living in east San Antonio?
Your Friend
People are pissed
GoAgs92
AG
I live out there and don't care even a little.

seems about 50/50 happy vs pissed
Aggie Rick
AG
GoAgs92 said:

I live out there and don't care even a little.

seems about 50/50 happy vs pissed

50/50 of the 10% of people who care?
@Aggie_Rick
Al Bula
AG
He gets two years severance pay of $750K total.

Who said it doesn't pay to be a bully?
GoAgs92
AG
Sasappis said:

HtownAg92 said:

I have trouble with the characterization of what he did as a "mistake" made in high school that he shouldn't be judged for today. Getting a MIP in high school is a mistake. Getting caught vandalizing the library is a mistake. Even something like stealing a car or motorcycle to joy ride is a mistake.

Slamming on your brakes with your girlfriend in the car to confront a man who tells you to slow down in his neighborhood, then beating him almost to death is not a "mistake". The number of broken bones in the victim shows vicious brutality. That's sociopathic behavior that doesn't easily change.

As for the victim not getting any money, almost every settlement is confidential. He could have gotten money but is bound by contract not to disclose it.

If we knew for certain that the incident went down as you described I would tend to agree with you. However we do not know who was the aggressor, why he was not charged and every other detail you listed.

But the truth is that no one knows what happened.

So the kid is speeding down the street, old guy yells SLOW DOWN....kid has obviously passed the man, yet teenage kid stops the car to apologize and maniac runs up and yanks him out of the car by his hair?

I'm leaning toward the old mans story.
Smokedraw01
hodgesco said:

So the superintendent finally resigned:
http://abc13.com/education/cheers-and-boos-mixed-reaction-to-katy-superintendents-resignation/3459071/

Any insight from the folks living in east San Antonio?

I can't imagine being upset about something someone did 30+ years ago when they were a teen. It seems that they never really had much of a reason to be upset with him for the job he did as Superintendent.

That being said, whoever had the PR job to help him out should be fired. This easily could have been avoided. But this group of angry malcontents will go after the next superintendent and the one after that.
GoAgs92
AG
I think strike 3 was the plagiarized dissertation.

Smokedraw01
GoAgs92 said:

Has that been verified by UH?
tylercsbn9
AG
RedAgs01 said:

GoAgs92 said:

No.

And that beta Sean Dolan took it to some professor subreddit and they just kind of laughed at him and said it wasn't really plagiarism. A few even could tell he had a vendetta against Hindt.

I bet he's steaming mad like all the other ****s on r/houston about his :$750K severance. He is basically getting early retirement. Winning
Smokedraw01
tylercsbn9 said:

RedAgs01 said:

GoAgs92 said:

No.

And that beta Sean Dolan took it to some professor subreddit and they just kind of laughed at him and said it wasn't really plagiarism. A few even could tell he had a vendetta against Hindt.

I bet he's steaming mad like all the other ****s on r/houston about his :$750K severance. He is basically getting early retirement. Winning

Can you share that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.