Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,631 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChemAg15
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks!
captkirk
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Someone mentioned G-Shock on here as a use and abuse watch so I've been looking into them as I am fairly rough on my daily wear watch. Damn they're big if you don't want a digital... I ordered a smaller/cheapo g-shock but I'd like something of better quality. Any other recommendations on a daily wear watch brand I can be rough with?
https://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-shock-Gw-a1100-1a3jf-Cockpit-Multiband/dp/B00CSGMQ2Y

I have this G-shock and it is awesome. All the bells and whistles and a sapphire crystal. Its big, but it wears well

I upgraded mine with the G-shock black metal and composite bracelet

Farmer1906
AG
Please take this g shock talk to not this thread. Big bulky dive watches are already "rugged" enough. If you need the time that badly check your phone.
aTm2004
AG
Go price a G-Shock Frogman.
ChemAg15
AG
Don't question the thread police
captkirk
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Please take this g shock talk to not this thread. Big bulky dive watches are already "rugged" enough. If you need the time that badly check your phone.
Watch posted above retails for $650. Other models are quite a bit more
BoDog
AG
This used to be one of the coolest threads on TA, now we are discussing G-Shocks and some random brand you can get at Dillards.

Atleast there is a recent pic of an AP on the previous page.
Exsurge Domine
BoDog said:

This used to be one of the coolest threads on TA, now we are discussing G-Shocks and some random brand you can get at Dillards.

G shocks are awesome. I've got 1 AP, 4 Rolex, 2 Omega, 1 Tag, 1 Apple, 1 Maurice lacroix, 1 ball, 1 seiko, and 2 G shocks and they're all awesome. Yes this started a high end watch thread but it morphed into a "talk about watches" thread which I think is even better
FTAC2011
AG
nealan said:

Chrono24 as well as WatchRecon are good resources. However , I bought my last watch from FTAC2011 and I would highly recommend him! He got me my explorer for a very reasonable price

Thanks brother. Hope to do another deal in the future.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
This thread started with someone looking for a $2000 Omega. A $600 GShock is closer to that than an AP.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm disappoint in all of y'all.
Post removed:
by user
captkirk
AG
BoDog said:

2 Rolex, 2 AP, 2 Tudors, 4 Omegas, 1 Panerai, many others......and 2 G shocks. Sorry not sorry

The G shock is my go to for travel, sports and other outside activities
HouAggie2007
FTAC You have a website or something? Looking for an IWC
Exsurge Domine
HouAggie2007 said:

Which one? I'm intrigued. Big fan of their yacht club and portugiesier, not too huge on their aqua timer
FTAC2011
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

I don't have a website, but feel free to message me or shoot me an email at crob@aggienetwork.com

I do keep inventory, but not a whole bunch. My main business is sourcing so I could get you the IWC you want.
captkirk
AG
Here's a minty 1967 Omega Seamaster

Post removed:
by user
TulaneAg
+1
captkirk
AG
Omega made some awesome/crazy stuff in the late 60s and early 70s
Exsurge Domine
So RiverEdge Jewelers in Jersey is absolutely blowing out watches right now. He sold me my Aikon 44mm for $2k, and now just sold me a Ball NEDU (the nicest ball watch there is and super cool) for $2500 which is about $2k off MSRP.

Check them out https://shop.riveredgejewelers.com/
nealan
That's below the advertised price. How did you negotiate it??
Exsurge Domine
nealan said:

That's below the advertised price. How did you negotiate it??

After buying the Aikon Chrono I had emailed him about the blue alligator strap that pairs with it, and he said MSRP was $300, but he would sell it to me for $100. I then joked, "if you're giving 66% off I'll take the NEDU as well" and he said he could do it for $2850, which is when I offered $2500 and he accepted
[url=https://ibb.co/sR19Z4q][/url]
nealan
Wow! Nice
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Dang... that's a steal. I have 2 Ball watches and love my Aero GMT II hydrocarbon. The Nedu is a sharp looking watch.
Exsurge Domine
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Dang... that's a steal. I have 2 Ball watches and love my Aero GMT II hydrocarbon. The Nedu is a sharp looming watch.

Yeah, I have one ball and the tritium tubes are the coolest. I've been drooling after a NEDU for a while after seeing this review ( but didn't think they were quite worth $4,500.

At $2,500 was a no brainer
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Hey man that's awesome. Well done
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
David_Puddy
AG
Good bull
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
third coast.. said:

if I ever get relieved.
Life on the high seas sounds tough. You can't even take a piss when you need to?
Post removed:
by user
BBRex
AG
third coast.. said:

Sheeeiiiit I've got a head in my stateroom and one in my office. Not even the Captain or CHENG have 2 heads.

The CHENG is sweating too much to use the head very often, anyway.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I haven't chimed in on this thread since 2016, i was the guy somewhere on page 2-5 asking if Tissot was a good watch because I had received on as a gift. I think at the time I had 1 g shock, which I still have and love, but was completely ignorant about watches. Since then I entered the automatic game first with an SKX and a few auto seikos which I love, up to a Hamilton Khaki field handwind, up to a longines, and now onto an Omega Speedy I just procured. Used albeit, but it was a great deal. Not a grail watch by any means, but definitely the first watch that I'll wear everyday that I'll be "proud" of.

Things I've learned so far about my tastes in watches (strictly my opinions): Breitlings are ugly and overrated. Hublot are ugly and overrated. AP's are 100% not for me. The Royal oak does nothing for me.

True Grail Watch : Lange Datograph Flyback or perpetual (highly doubtful ill ever have the disposable to come close to obtaining either)

FTAC2011
AG
Mainly agree about Breitling, but I gotta say... I owned the navitimer 8 and it's one of my favorite watches under $3k

First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.