Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,496,225 Views | 13672 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Serotonin
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
slaughtr said:

The dog is upset he doesn't have a wrist big enough to wear a watch.

Too bad! Dog is less hairy than nealan
nealan
Oof
bthotugigem05
AG
Stopped by the Grand Seiko showroom in Tokyo, such an underrated brand imo.
aTm2004
AG
Not a high end watch by any means, but I love it. I've liked the metal squares Casio introduced years ago, but not enough to spend the money they were going for, especially the titanium ones ($750+). Just can't convince myself to spend a lot on a digital watch.

Anyway, I was browsing WUS a couple weeks ago and ran across a thread where someone did a titanium mod to their GW series watch from a kit bought from Aliexpress. I've had a G-Shock GW-M5610 for a couple years now, so my interest was peaked. I began looking into this more and found YouTube videos as well as quite a few Reddit threads with people doing it with similar kits from AE, so I went and found a kit for ~$100, and decided to take the chance buying something from China.

Well, it came in last week and it's awesome. Slightly heavier than the resin band/case, but not enough to really notice. They say it's titanium, but who knows. It's a lot lighter than steel, that's for sure. It used to be my weekend warrior, but I have a feeling it will work its way into my daily rotation. I still have the DW-6900 for the rough stuff.

Aggie Therapist
AG
Someone hide this post from Farmer
DeProfundis
Aggie Therapist said:

Someone hide this post from Farmer

He's currently slowly autoerotically strangling himself with 90,000 thread bedsheets to a picture of a 16th century maritime chronometer
Farmer1906
AG
Stop looking in my window.
JSKolache
AG
No date 2/10 WNB

RVAg02
AG
I'd love to have that new jubilee bracelet from the new black bay on my BB58.
BCO07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Stop looking in my window.
nealan
Lots of new white dial speedys posted on the grey market for $10,000. Don't know if they're moving them , but Wow
schmendeler
AG
I'd rather have a used day date for that price but i would need to see it in person i think because the pics of it look kind of middling as well.
Diggity
AG
schmendeler said:

I'd rather have a used day date for that price but i would need to see it in person i think because the pics of it look kind of middling as well.
for $10K? did you mean DJ?
schmendeler
AG
I was replying to the post about the gold BB58. It's about $30k i believe. Sorry, i didn't quote the post with the pic.
Diggity
AG
schmendeler said:

I was replying to the post about the gold BB58. It's about $30k i believe. Sorry, i didn't quote the post with the pic.
ahhhhh....makes more sense
Serotonin
AG
For the engineers and watch nerds, this is probably the best overview of mechanical watches that I've seen:

https://ciechanow.ski/mechanical-watch/
TheOC16
AG
Yeah that's legit.
Sea Speed
AG
Serotonin said:

For the engineers and watch nerds, this is probably the best overview of mechanical watches that I've seen:

Thanks to the Netflix series Dark, I know how to pronounce this guys name.
DeProfundis
Sea Speed said:

Serotonin said:

Thanks to the Netflix series Dark, I know how to pronounce this guys name.

Wann ist mikkel
schmendeler
AG
Das Ende ist der Anfang
Sea Speed
AG
I need to rewatch that show. Bummed their next series was canceled after one season.
YouBet
AG
Serotonin said:

Good lord. I bookmarked that so I can read it later but skimming it and wondering if there are Pulitzer's for blogs or informative articles like this?
Serotonin
AG
YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

Good lord. I bookmarked that so I can read it later but skimming it and wondering if there are Pulitzer's for blogs or informative articles like this?

Took me until the third viewing to realize the very first visual (of the watchface and inner movement) is set to the local date and time.
First Page Refresh
Page 391 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.