High-end Watches Locally?

3,587,540 Views | 21599 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by zgolfz85
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't need an automatic luxury watch either but here I am. I grab whichever watch is at the top of the winder when I leave the house at 5:20. It's a fun game letting fate decide if you need a reason
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess I'm in the minority in liking to wind my watches and set the time by hand. maybe I'm a weirdo
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like the new speake Marin dune date.


nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's nice ! Looks expensive
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really like this one.

https://instagr.am/p/DbOMh3VGk96
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nealan said:

That's nice ! Looks expensive


It is about $20k
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The new IfLW gshock "vandalism" is kinda cool in an Occupy Wall Street/Tom Joad kind of way.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This AquaRacer Professional 300 looks awfully familiar



AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Ice Ice Baby meets Under Pressure...
jwright4288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glashutte Original just launched a new color dial for the seaQ, both standard and panorama date version.

North America only. 100 pieces each.

Southside AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got the call…for my wife. I'm super happy for her, she deserves it. Ref. 126000.
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man I like that. I've wanted a turquoise dial for a while.
donkeykick90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been a hot day for this batgirl in Wimberley this weekend
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was wondering if there was a watch thread on TEXAGS. Not where I expected to find it, but glad I did. My daily SD43 on the water.
GOODBULL99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vox Clamantis said:

The new IfLW gshock "vandalism" is kinda cool in an Occupy Wall Street/Tom Joad kind of way.



Team watch of ANTIFA?
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GOODBULL99 said:

Vox Clamantis said:

The new IfLW gshock "vandalism" is kinda cool in an Occupy Wall Street/Tom Joad kind of way.



Team watch of ANTIFA?


Terrible.
CrawlingNo5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jwright4288 said:

Glashutte Original just launched a new color dial for the seaQ, both standard and panorama date version.

North America only. 100 pieces each.



not that i can afford it, but i can certainly critique it. the top one is so nice except the date window taking up seemingly 1/4 of the dial. why couldn't they make the larger version with the same date window. otherwise, take my imaginary money!!
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I prefer the larger date version on the top picture for the location and larger size. Your critique is my feature. Both are beautiful though.
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted on Reddit and got suggested Aaron Bespoke in Montreal but hoping to find something local or atleast in the US.

Just purchased a Mark XX in Green. Love the bracelet but also want to do a gator belly strap with IWC easx insert and deployant clasp. I purchased the insert and clasp.

I want to go custom bc I have a gator belly wallet that my wife gave to me for a wedding present. Unfortunately her dog chewed the corners but there is still enough area to make a custom strap. Has sentimental value so good way to repurpose it.

Are there recommendations for a custom strap maker that could use my leather and integrate the EasX Change adaptor into the strap? I assume any good custom band or leather maker could do it. Who have you used?

Pictured is my watch, style band I want and the QD insert from IWC mounted in an OEM band.


BQRyno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The bigger date window is a different complication, not just a different location. It has two separate numbers, not just one. Pretty neat if you care about that sort of thing. The sea q panorama date in rose gold is one of my dream watches.
D-Dubya-09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JeremiahJohnson said:

I posted on Reddit and got suggested Aaron Bespoke in Montreal but hoping to find something local or atleast in the US.

Just purchased a Mark XX in Green. Love the bracelet but also want to do a gator belly strap with IWC easx insert and deployant clasp. I purchased the insert and clasp.

I want to go custom bc I have a gator belly wallet that my wife gave for me as a wedding present. Unfortunately her dog chewed the corners but still enough area to make a custom strap. Has sentimental value so good way to repurpose it.

Are there recommendations for a custom strap maker that could use my leather and integrate the EasX Change adaptor into the strap? I assume any good custom band or leather maker could do it. Who have you used?

Pictured is my watch, style band I want and the QD insert from IWC mounted in an OEM band.




I think you are going to have a hard time finding a strap maker to take on this project and to fit the OEM IWC EasX change adapter.

However, in the US, Jean-Rousseau is a top notch strap maker and I would guess they could probably do it but you are going to pay for it.

I've also used Artisan Straps and I personally think they produce a great product, for a very affordable price but they are located in Australia. I am not sure they would tackle a project like this however.
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks. I will look them up.

Aaron bespoke said he would for $330! I understand I willl have to make it worth their time. Not going to be a cheap project even though I'm supplying most of the materials.

Another company on Reddit said he'd do it but he's in Croatia. His page shows amazing work but not sure how comfortable I am sending everything to Croatia.
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have bought from AaronBespoke in the past. Very nice guy and seamless transaction. This was several years ago. He did a black stingray for my Speedmaster

JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesome. Great to hear. That's a cool combo on the band. Would have never thought to use stingray
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nealan said:

I have bought from AaronBespoke in the past. Very nice guy and seamless transaction. This was several years ago. He did a black stingray for my Speedmaster




I hate you every time you post that gorgeous watch/strap combo!
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't hate me. I stupidly traded it plus cash for a Batgirl a few years ago which I then traded for something else.
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a friend that does custom leather work. I sent him some screenshots to see if it's something he would be interested in and I will let you know.
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nealan said:

Don't hate me. I stupidly traded it plus cash for a Batgirl a few years ago which I then traded for something else.


Tragedy upon tragedy!
jwright4288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BQRyno said:

The bigger date window is a different complication, not just a different location. It has two separate numbers, not just one. Pretty neat if you care about that sort of thing. The sea q panorama date in rose gold is one of my dream watches.


Yep, and GOs big date is impressive. They managed to do it with no gap. Every other big date complication has a gap that they have to hide with a line, and the disks are on different planes. Even A Lange

Their big date has actually made it difficult to appreciate other big date complications. I can handle the frame/center line but the different depth of the disks is horrible.
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sea Speed said:

I have a friend that does custom leather work. I sent him some screenshots to see if it's something he would be interested in and I will let you know.


Appreciated
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unfortunately he can't take on the project right now. Sorry.
jwright4288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone is interested there is an event in Bryan at the Stella hotel on September 26th called Wheels | Watches | Whiskey - https://wheelswatcheswhiskey.com/

Takes place from 7pm - 10pm. A bunch of awesome cars, watch vendors (including myself ), and whiskey tastings.

You can get $20 off per ticket with my promo code JLWC. I will be there as an AD for ZRC, Edouard Koehn, and if my opening order arrives time, Tutima.
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DPlainview
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ha! That's awesome. Little does she know though… if she picks the wrong one.
First Page Last Page
Page 600 of 618 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.