High-end Watches Locally?

3,600,219 Views | 21676 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Vox Clamantis
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I am not a fan of the buck tooth grilles, and I'm pretty sure it's not a Porsche, but I bet it's fun!


Yeah, the group who owns the bmw dealer just opened the Porsche store.

I would love a Porsche, but I would have to inchworm into it
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

CT6 was better


The ct6-v was great. I wish I still had it.
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New ride is still sick
TSJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sea Speed said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

That's sexy. I love Porsche design watches. I think you forgot to show us the car though?


Iran actually blew it up in a drone strike.


How does insurance work for a drone strike/war time? Genuinely curious.
jwright4288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Depends on the Country of origin. If it's an Iranian drone it falls under the acts of allah clause and is not covered.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can get this watch for $725 used; no box or papers though. Watch looks to be in great condition as well. Seems like a good deal. Any thoughts on this?

Alpiner 4 Automatic Watch AL-525N4AQ6 | Alpina Watches US



Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

I can get this watch for $725 used; no box or papers though. Watch looks to be in great condition as well. Seems like a good deal. Any thoughts on this?

Alpiner 4 Automatic Watch AL-525N4AQ6 | Alpina Watches US






Alpina is a great watch, I'm a huge fan. It looks like the above is a good deal but if I were you I'd reach a little further for the new startimer which is an insanely beautiful watch for the money
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will take a look but I think I actually like the Alpiner 4 better for the money and a quick get. If I'm going to spend Startimer money, I think I would actually get this one to handle all of my 300m diving that I do up to 60 minutes here in the mountains of New Mexico:


Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What!? I'm in ABQ. Where are you?
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

What!? I'm in ABQ. Where are you?

Tesuque area north of Santa Fe.
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice, I drive past there all the time but I'm pretty sure they'll never let me in the gate
DoitBest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

What!? I'm in ABQ. Where are you?

Tesuque area north of Santa Fe.


Ok, this is crazy awesome. Our son & his wife (both co '25) just spent the last 6+ weeks in ABQ while he's running for Brooks.
They will be back in January and hope to get to stay year round...
Great to know some good Aggies in the neighborhood!
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn we calling YouBet a great Aggie now?
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We should have an Aggie watch dork meetup sometime. Not at Lee Michaels that place is lame. The dude at clocks and more at Wyoming and menaul always has some neat stuff and is fun to chat with, and crown jewels and coin always has a couple neat pieces. Been wanting to check out Diva in Santa Fe but haven't been yet
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Air-King Day! I love this Rolex for so many reasons and so happy to have one of my own now.

1) most importantly, my dad, Class of '72, won a late-1980s Air-King in a sales contest before passing away from colon cancer a few years later. My brother got the Air-King, now we have matching-ish watches to honor our dad.



2) the current design of the Air-King is a bit of a mish-mash of colors, case, and fonts. Until recently, though, it was the only Rolex that had the official Rolex green and gold on the dial.



3) the Air-King's dial is based on Project Bloodhound, which was…a car. When I first decided to get an Air-King, I lived in Dallas. Now I live in Sydney and fly a few hundred thousand miles per year. My watch and I are both unlikely kings of the air.



4) to ensure my username checks out, the previous version of the Air-King only had a 5 at the five minute marker. When they changed that to an 05 I had to have one, as something else near and dear to me also has an 05 on it.

Choward4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like the last pic of 05's a lot!
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent post
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to show this post to my wife to help her understand why I need a 2nd Rolex. I'd hate for one of my boys to think I loved the other one more
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sea Speed said:

Damn we calling YouBet a great Aggie now?


Finally!!!!
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

We should have an Aggie watch dork meetup sometime. Not at Lee Michaels that place is lame. The dude at clocks and more at Wyoming and menaul always has some neat stuff and is fun to chat with, and crown jewels and coin always has a couple neat pieces. Been wanting to check out Diva in Santa Fe but haven't been yet


I will have to check these out. I have not discovered Diva yet. I will go and report back.

We've only been here about 3 months but loving it.
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My youngest seems to have a taste for watches

Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Checking if it's real
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They have a billboard or two between bernalillo and Santa Fe with rotation of Grand Seiko, frederique constant and breitling so probably worth a visit
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

They have a billboard or two between bernalillo and Santa Fe with rotation of Grand Seiko, frederique constant and breitling so probably worth a visit


Oh, awesome. I will be headed there this week then.
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently I'm mistaken on that, looks like they carry "Seiko Luxe" i.e prospex and presage
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Apparently I'm mistaken on that, looks like they carry "Seiko Luxe" i.e prospex and presage


Running my vibe man. Will still go check it out.

Edit: actually I've been by this place a ton and have looked at watches in their window. Just never actually walked in.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bthotugigem05 said:

Air-King Day! I love this Rolex for so many reasons and so happy to have one of my own now.

1) most importantly, my dad, Class of '72, won a late-1980s Air-King in a sales contest before passing away from colon cancer a few years later. My brother got the Air-King, now we have matching-ish watches to honor our dad.



2) the current design of the Air-King is a bit of a mish-mash of colors, case, and fonts. Until recently, though, it was the only Rolex that had the official Rolex green and gold on the dial.



3) the Air-King's dial is based on Project Bloodhound, which was…a car. When I first decided to get an Air-King, I lived in Dallas. Now I live in Sydney and fly a few hundred thousand miles per year. My watch and I are both unlikely kings of the air.



4) to ensure my username checks out, the previous version of the Air-King only had a 5 at the five minute marker. When they changed that to an 05 I had to have one, as something else near and dear to me also has an 05 on it.



Great story, rest in peace to your old man, mine ('82) has passed as well (pancreatic cancer) and left me his Rolex 216570 explorer II polar white, I just can't bring myself to wear it as it makes me too sad, so it just sits in my case, waiting to be passed down.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Color game is strong to quite strong today
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

We should have an Aggie watch dork meetup sometime. Not at Lee Michaels that place is lame. The dude at clocks and more at Wyoming and menaul always has some neat stuff and is fun to chat with, and crown jewels and coin always has a couple neat pieces. Been wanting to check out Diva in Santa Fe but haven't been yet

Welp, we went to Diva (now called MK & Company) and while casually browsing we ended up with....

New Watch Wednesday

Frederique Constant Highlife Classic Worldtimer. Comes with steel bracelet, alligator leather, and rubber strap. I Have the rubber on it here but damn it looks good with the steel bracelet as well. I think this scratches my Glashutte Senator itch since that watch is now $25k. Can also dress it up with the leather band if I never want a dress watch for the evening.

zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YouBet said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

We should have an Aggie watch dork meetup sometime. Not at Lee Michaels that place is lame. The dude at clocks and more at Wyoming and menaul always has some neat stuff and is fun to chat with, and crown jewels and coin always has a couple neat pieces. Been wanting to check out Diva in Santa Fe but haven't been yet

Welp, we went to Diva (now called MK & Company) and while casually browsing we ended up with....

New Watch Wednesday

Frederique Constant Highlife Classic Worldtimer. Comes with steel bracelet, alligator leather, and rubber strap. I Have the rubber on it here but damn it looks good with the steel bracelet as well. I think this scratches my Glashutte Senator itch since that watch is now $25k. Can also dress it up with the leather band if I never want a dress watch for the evening.




I like their stuff a lot. Came very close to buying one a couple times now. Went to an event with a few of their reps and was very impressed. Super knowledgeable and didn't put the hard sell on, just genuine and honest watch nerdery
TheGifGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charismatic Megafauna said:

We should have an Aggie watch dork meetup sometime. Not at Lee Michaels that place is lame. The dude at clocks and more at Wyoming and menaul always has some neat stuff and is fun to chat with, and crown jewels and coin always has a couple neat pieces. Been wanting to check out Diva in Santa Fe but haven't been yet


SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a recommendation for a good, reasonably priced dual watch winder? Finally pulled the trigger on a seamaster and need a winder.

Thanks in advance!
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got this one and it works well. My watches stay accurate and you can always add an inexpensive automatic if you need to fill it up. I had a previous dual winder that was angled instead of
vertical and the watches would fall behind

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0D8NXTHRF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I purchased this one. No complaints so far.

https://a.co/d/01GVMR3T
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SquirrellyDan said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a good, reasonably priced dual watch winder? Finally pulled the trigger on a seamaster and need a winder.

Thanks in advance!


You actually still do not need a winder
First Page Last Page
Page 599 of 620 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.