High-end Watches Locally?

3,590,790 Views | 21623 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by zgolfz85
BBRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Check out this take on a chronograph.

https://instagr.am/p/DXui2iXDzaA
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's a cool idea for a golf tournament. Blue Jack is still on the list to play one day. Haven't been able to make it out there yet. Had a couple opportunities that just didn't work out. One da though!
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poot said:

Sweet! Not to derail, but I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what par 3 out there can stretch out to 250…


I'm guessing 3. Think it's 215-220 from the backs if I remember correctly. I didn't play in this event though, so can't confirm officially. They could've also played a par 4 from the junior tees to create a long par 3.
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mt3950 said:

Poot said:

Sweet! Not to derail, but I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what par 3 out there can stretch out to 250…


I'm guessing 3. Think it's 215-220 from the backs if I remember correctly. I didn't play in this event though, so can't confirm officially. They could've also played a par 4 from the junior tees to create a long par 3.


It was 3. Wind added 2 club lengths. Caddy told us 250 and the guy filming confirmed.
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never mind. Already answered.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. McGibblets said:

Went to a golf shamble yesterday at Blue Jack. 2 Rolex's were up for grabs on par 3's.

First Rolex was an all gold Daytona with a green dial. 250yard par 3 but you had to get a hole in 1.

Other Rolex was a Hulk. 165yard par 3. Top 5 closest to the pin for a shoot-out. I missed the top 5 by 3ft. My buddy was 2nd closest. All 5 missed the green on the first go. They let them have 1 more go. My buddy completely duffed it but a dude did win it.

They had these for sale. I didn't even ask for a price.





Doesn't look like he sold many.
The left cannot kill the Spirit of Charlie Kirk.
JSKolache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBRex said:

Check out this take on a chronograph.

https://instagr.am/p/DXui2iXDzaA

Monopusher, buncha extra hands, yassssss
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BBRex said:

Check out this take on a chronograph.

https://instagr.am/p/DXui2iXDzaA


Really impressive stuff. Parmigiani making a name for itself.
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good eye Captain.


Dr.Pepper7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are the new CW sealander too much of a Rolex OP clone to buy? The pastel dials look great
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think that's what they are going for, but i think it's more like a cheaper version of an Aquaterra. The name is a pretty obvious connection haha.
CrawlingNo5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr.Pepper7 said:

Are the new CW sealander too much of a Rolex OP clone to buy? The pastel dials look great

I tell myself, we already have 5 CWs in our household, lets broaden our horizons.. Then I see the pistachio dial, and I'm afraid 6 is on the way. Luckily, they don't have it in 42 MM yet.
GOODBULL99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeh, they resemble each other...but come one, Rolex doesn't own colors now. Not sure how the "pistachio" colors match up. Online they look different to me.

The AquaTerra vs. SeaLander comparison is a funny one...didn't even think about that. Good call...
GOODBULL99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love this combo...
Ronnie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ronnie said:




Love
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dubai chocolate chrono
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Sealander looks more day 2 avocado than pistachio.
FTAC2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of our special friends in this chat was permabanned (shocked I tell you). Anyway…. his newest acquisition is a stunner. One of the new watches and wonders perpetual releases. Sick piece!!!
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like perma-perma?
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To match his white Oakleys?
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jh0400 said:

Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.

I fear our subject has attacks of conscience brought on time and time again by attending Catholic programs ran by professed religious who have taken vows of poverty who inform the subject a donation of $100k would feed 5 poor catholic families for a period of 20 years.

That would be half of his watch collection.
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I applaud your- i mean, our subject's compassion.
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vox Clamantis said:

jh0400 said:

Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.

I fear our subject has attacks of conscience brought on time and time again by attending Catholic programs ran by professed religious who have taken vows of poverty who inform the subject a donation of $100k would feed 5 poor catholic families for a period of 20 years.

That would be half of his watch collection.

I see no issue as long as he has no particular political opinions.
FTAC2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jh0400 said:

Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.


My instagram is brick city right now
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Vox Clamantis said:

jh0400 said:

Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.

I fear our subject has attacks of conscience brought on time and time again by attending Catholic programs ran by professed religious who have taken vows of poverty who inform the subject a donation of $100k would feed 5 poor catholic families for a period of 20 years.

That would be half of his watch collection.

I see no issue as long as he has no particular political opinions.

The current geopolitical situation is not good for my posting habits.
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vox Clamantis said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Vox Clamantis said:

jh0400 said:

Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.

I fear our subject has attacks of conscience brought on time and time again by attending Catholic programs ran by professed religious who have taken vows of poverty who inform the subject a donation of $100k would feed 5 poor catholic families for a period of 20 years.

That would be half of his watch collection.

I see no issue as long as he has no particular political opinions.

The current geopolitical situation is not good for my posting habits.

I just like learning new Latin phrases.
DPlainview
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vox Clamantis

lb sand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Vox Clamantis said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Vox Clamantis said:

jh0400 said:

Based on your Instagram posts I was concerned he was getting out of watches altogether.

I fear our subject has attacks of conscience brought on time and time again by attending Catholic programs ran by professed religious who have taken vows of poverty who inform the subject a donation of $100k would feed 5 poor catholic families for a period of 20 years.

That would be half of his watch collection.

I see no issue as long as he has no particular political opinions.

The current geopolitical situation is not good for my posting habits.

I just like learning new Latin phrases.


I still remember looking up what the hell Silian Rail meant

https://hobancards.com/blogs/thoughts-and-curiosities/american-psycho-business-cards
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice Rapter
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I found a sharp looking Alpina at a consignment store that buys and sells watches. Dude wants $675 for it. After talking shop with him for about 15 minutes, he knows watches so this isn't some fly by night outfit.

I just don't know Alpina very well. I think it's this Alpina Big Date. Will be an older model and I don't see it on their site. Tempted to go back and get it.

That price seem about right assuming I got the model right?

mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quick chrono 24 search. Doesn't look like a terrible price based on this.
Coog97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Better start lining up now...

Swatch teases Audemars Piguet Royal Oak collab - could a SwatchOak really be happening?

Quote:

Overnight, Swatch dropped two new teaser posters. One shows the word "Royal". The other shows "Pop", with the P overlapping the O in a way that will look instantly familiar to any watch fan.

Yes, the font, with that spacing it's the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak logo. Near enough exactly.

This is the biggest clue yet as to what will be the 'next MoonSwatch', and it's hard to look at it as anything other than confirmation that a Swatch x Audemars Piguet Royal Oak collaboration is coming on the 16th of May.

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I honestly don't see why these things are selling for 25-30k, I snagged one for $600
First Page Last Page
Page 571 of 618 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.