Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,499,720 Views | 13684 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by ChemAg15
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
third coast.. said:

Post it again, we're lazy ya mook

schmendeler
AG
That's nice
djmeen95
AG
Hey guys - just found this thread and some great looking watches and advice / discussion in it. Thanks.

I just bought my first automatic watch and it came in today. It's a Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro and I'm loving it.

Thought about getting a TAG but at the end of the day I just didn't want to spend $2k for it.

Hoping I get a nice Seiko "Cocktail Time" for Christmas to add to my beginners collection.

BBRex
AG
Dressing down the Black Bay 36.

tmas
AG
BBRex said:

Dressing down the Black Bay 36.

Not familiar with Tudor. Was looking to get a Tag but this seems like a classic watch at the same price point.
aTm2004
AG
Tudoe is Rolex's "cheaper" brand. Tudoe vs Tag and I'd take a Tudor every time, especially the Black Bay Red.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Farmer1906
AG
aTm2004 said:

Tudoe is Rolex's "cheaper" brand. Tudoe vs Tag and I'd take a Tudor every time, especially the Black Bay Red.

Their cheaper but they not Rolex light now. They've developed their own style and have some in house movements. 100% Tudor over Tag IMO.
BBRex
AG
The Black Bay 36 and the Ranger are both still ETA movements. You can look at it like the ETA movement helps keep the price down and can be serviced anywhere, or you can like the exclusiveness that comes with the in-house movements. Tudor fans seem to be split on that.
DVC2010
AG
Does Rolex still own them? For some reason I thought they were no longer affiliated.
BBRex
AG
DVC2010 said:

Does Rolex still own them? For some reason I thought they were no longer affiliated.

It's more accurate to say that they are both owned by the same company. The man who created Rolex also creates Tudor, and the Tudor brand is looking to be something different than a value Rolex alternative.
Guitarsoup
AG
Agree with Tudor > Tag.

This is the only Tag I would get and it really isn't a Tag

My main dress watch is a 34mm. Quite the difference between that and my daily watch of 45mm.
JSKolache
AG
djmeen95 said:

Hey guys - just found this thread and some great looking watches and advice / discussion in it. Thanks.

I just bought my first automatic watch and it came in today. It's a Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro and I'm loving it.

Thought about getting a TAG but at the end of the day I just didn't want to spend $2k for it.

Hoping I get a nice Seiko "Cocktail Time" for Christmas to add to my beginners collection.

First auto, first chrono - nice x2!
Farmer1906
AG
djmeen95 said:

That is a nice "intro watch". But expect to move on from it in a from years.
schmendeler
AG
I like this Seiko cocktail time. Hadn't heard of it before.

schmendeler
AG
Also saw this one and liked it. Never heard of Rado. The captain cook.

Guitarsoup
AG
That Hamilton looks like it is trying to be an IWC Portuguese.

It is a nice look.
schmendeler
AG
Very similar
djmeen95
AG
schmendeler said:

Very similar

Agree - definitely in the same style (a bit of an homage in my opinion). Love the added day/date complication and I believe the hamilton is a tad bigger (this one at 45mm vs what I believe is closer to 41mm for the IWC).

Hamilton was also about $4k less than the IWC, so there's that. Lol.
djmeen95
AG
schmendeler said:

I like this Seiko cocktail time. Hadn't heard of it before.

Got this one for Christmas and it's a really nice watch. Believe it's discontinued but you can still find it online.

Seiko just announced the replacement / next version of the Cocktail Time. It will sell under their Presage line (think I got that right) and I believe the movement has been slightly downgraded.

So if ya can I'd jump online and grab the original SARB065 while you can still find it! My wife found it online from Amazon for less than $500 from a Japanese watch dealer.

A lot of folks online are split on the band with some folks really not liking it. I actually love it - it's a gorgeous compliment to the watch.

FHKChE07
AG
I have the Gulf Racing edition of that watch, not the hideous one, but the older one, and I never cease getting compliments on it. It is the only Tag I would wear also. But I love it.
RightWingConspirator
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

You ever sell the Ball?
No, never did. I wasn't really trying though, either. You interested?
tmas
AG
RightWingConspirator said:

TitanAGGIE09 said:

You ever sell the Ball?
No, never did. I wasn't really trying though, either. You interested?
Which Ball were you selling? I can't find the original post.
Guitarsoup
AG
Replaced the brown ostrich with black gator.

I believe it is a 1959 model.
David_Puddy
AG
That's awesome GSoup!
Boo Weekley
Pumped to get this bad boy for Christmas!

aTm2004
AG
Is that like a 60mm or do you just have girly wrists and Trumpy hands?
David_Puddy
AG
Neither, he's trolling. He already said that he doesn't understand paying a lot of money for a good watch
schmendeler
AG
Boo Weekley said:

it's a pip-boy!
aTm2004
AG
Oh. When people tell my I'm crazy for spending as much as I have on a watch, I quickly point out that we all have something that we can justify the price of that others can't fathom. Most of the time, I remind that person what theirs is (cars, shoes, designer jeans, $250 trips to the club every weekend, etc).
Boo Weekley
aTm2004 said:

Is that like a 60mm or do you just have girly wrists and Trumpy hands?
Here's another...my fav watch. My hands look bigger in this one, first one is kind of a weird pic and yes, the watch is a little bigger.

Boo Weekley
David_Puddy said:

Neither, he's trolling. He already said that he doesn't understand paying a lot of money for a good watch
Boo Weekley
aTm2004 said:

Oh. When people tell my I'm crazy for spending as much as I have on a watch, I quickly point out that we all have something that we can justify the price of that others can't fathom. Most of the time, I remind that person what theirs is (cars, shoes, designer jeans, $250 trips to the club every weekend, etc).
I guess I just cant understand the collectors, who seem to have 6-8 Rolexes and a handful of other high end exotic watches. I have a pretty pricey Frederique Constant that I love that was a wedding gift. I would never pay that kind of money for a watch personally, but I could easily see why someone would. 8-10 comparable and even pricier watches though? I don't get it, but doesn't mean collectors are in the wrong. I used to collect stamps and coins from around the world and I'm sure many wouldn't understand those.
aTm2004
AG
Boo Weekley said:

aTm2004 said:

I guess I just cant understand the collectors, who seem to have 6-8 Rolexes and a handful of other high end exotic watches. I have a pretty pricey Frederique Constant that I love that was a wedding gift. I would never pay that kind of money for a watch personally, but I could easily see why someone would. 8-10 comparable and even pricier watches though? I don't get it, but doesn't mean collectors are in the wrong. I used to collect stamps and coins from around the world and I'm sure many wouldn't understand those.
It's no different than somebody having 4 or 5 classic cars that they rarely drive. Some may go up in value, most probably won't. It's no different with watches.
Farmer1906
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Is your right arm way bigger than your left from carrying that around?
aTm2004
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Boo Weekley said:

Is your right arm way bigger than your left from carrying that around?

Just wear it on your non-fapping arm and you'll be golden.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 391

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.