Metroplex
Sponsored by

2022 Spring Storms

49,170 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by riverrataggie
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiespartan said:

Us too. We went out to look to see exactly where it was, and it was almost on top of us, so we grabbed the dogs and headed to the closet.

I tried to go back inside and my wife had locked me out while battening down the hatches.

So that was a nightmare come true
planoaggie123
AG
Park and Tollway….we had about 1 or 2 min of wind that I thought was going to blow our door in. We got in closet but the entire thing lasted about 10 min now it seems to be a rain event. About to go grab some dinner.
aggiespartan
AG
Scriffer said:

aggiespartan said:

Us too. We went out to look to see exactly where it was, and it was almost on top of us, so we grabbed the dogs and headed to the closet.

I tried to go back inside and my wife had locked me out while battening down the hatches.

planoaggie123
AG
Accident??? I think not…
riverrataggie
AG
Welp. Power went out.
Spaceship
AG
wangus12
AG
bert harbinson said:

West Plano heavy rain but rotation aloft has passed.

Same now in McKinney-Melissa
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Got about 20 minutes or so of some heavy rain and a little bit of tiny hail. Passed us by and I can see the sun rise on the horizon behind the storm.

Edit: we are far north on the tollway, just passed 380
Van Buren Boy
AG
Spaceship said:

Crazy clouds from our front door in Flower Mound

Also in Flower Mound.
planoaggie123
AG
Got out to get food and Going to do some more driving on way home but initially noticed several large tee limbs down. Neighbor lost a big section of fence. Almost no trash can left standing….Had to get out several times to stand up trash cans to leave house.
Phat32
AG
Welcome to spring in Texas mother****ers!
The Collective
AG
Scriffer said:

aggiespartan said:

How much life insurance?
The Collective
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Almost no trash can left standing….Had to get out several times to stand up trash cans to leave house.

Already rebuilding
planoaggie123
AG
I Have Spoken said:

planoaggie123 said:

Almost no trash can left standing….Had to get out several times to stand up trash cans to leave house.

Already rebuilding

Build Back Better
fooz
planoaggie123 said:

I Have Spoken said:

planoaggie123 said:

Already rebuilding

Build Back Better

I had to run out in the yard and collect some seat cushions. Now the wife is shopping for new ones.
planoaggie123
AG
That was the one thing we did in advance…Cushions inside and pushed patio furniture under awning.
sek92
AG
Jacksboro high school got torn up
Fannie Luddite
AG
Rebrand it the 'Starlight Gym'.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Just heavy rain, medium amount of lightning/thunder, and pea sized hail for about 2 minutes here in Prosper. Stood outside as the dark clouds rolled in. Air temp dropped probably 20 degrees but saw no rotation.

All of the storms conflating into a single line really helped... as Delkus said, it just became a big blob of rain instead.

Here's to some great rain, little damage and an awesome 2 weeks of weather ahead!
Phat32
AG
Some action tonight?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Phat32 said:

Some action tonight?

Looks that way but I will be asleep when it rolls through.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Probably not
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Oh wait you meant the weather
Scriffer
AG
Wind just grabbed my gate and smashed it through the fence frame. Bent the latch bar back and broke a trim piece off.
fka ftc
Blame PlanoAggie for his Build Back Better joke above. Wind has been pretty stout in Flower Mound. They are building a house down the street and I can testify to their poor or no attempt to secure materials.
YouBet
AG
Once again, I had to clean up my neighbors trash strewn throughout the alley today because they are inconsiderate m'fers that overstack their trash can and THEN DON'T TIE THE BAGS SHUT.

Weather related because it was especially bad today due to higher winds.
ChoppinDs40
AG
our house faces the south and we're in a new development in the burbs. There isn't another building obstructing the south for probably 2 miles so we might as well be sitting on open water when it's blowing out of the south.

Absolutely howling all day today. New build house and the front door isn't quite tight enough against the weather stripping. It's like a wind tunnel whistling right now.
fka ftc
Get the front door tight and sealed. In very high winds (hurricane / tornado) one of the primary failure points are doors and windows, but particularly the inward opening doors. If the envelope of the house fails the structural integrity many times fails spectacularly shortly thereafter.
ChoppinDs40
AG
fka ftc said:

Get the front door tight and sealed. In very high winds (hurricane / tornado) one of the primary failure points are doors and windows, but particularly the inward opening doors. If the envelope of the house fails the structural integrity many times fails spectacularly shortly thereafter.
oh I'm on it.. builder is taking their time getting "mario" out here.
Phat32
AG
Lots of rain and wind?
riverrataggie
AG
Got more rain here than they forecasted. More than an inch. They said 1/2.

Got way less wind. It seemed the wind was stronger through the day yesterday leading up to it. Then the rain came and it died down.
beatlesphan
AG
1'' of rain in Farmers Branch. Pleasantly surprised
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
weather.gov showing 1.4" at McKinney Airport. not bad!
AW 1880
AG
EF-1 in Rockwall County early this morning.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Don't know if ya'll saw this or not, but it may be the wildest thing I've ever seen. You can't really even see the tornado and it is ripping everything up in sight! Not an EF5, obviously, but not one you want to be in/under (especially in a doublewide). Wow!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.