Metroplex
Sponsored by

2022 Spring Storms

48,405 Views | 453 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by riverrataggie
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For Decay. F Clay Jenkins.
wangus12
AG
Are schools closed in the spring?
riverrataggie
AG
Please don't derail the purity of this thread.
mAgnoliAg
Decay
AG
I wasn't joking... What actually is the best way to protect a car from hail? I've had decent luck by putting junk on top of my car... And by that I mean whenever I try to protect my car it doesn't hail
Decay
AG
Also f Clay Jenkins
duck79
AG
An old neighbor of mine would run out and put this on
riverrataggie
AG
I've seen bags of mulch work well.
FincAg
AG
Clean out the garage and park there.
Post removed:
by user
Garrelli 5000
AG
It amazes me how many homes in my area have 3 or 4 car garages and they have to park in their driveway.

A few are because builders build stupid garage doors that you can't fit a truck or SUV through the door, but many are because the people are packrat slobs.

Next door is a 5500 sqft home, 3 car garage, 2 adults and 1 kid. I laughed my ass off when their matching range rovers took the hail storm the other night.
Take the trash out staff.
Decay
AG
FincAg said:

Clean out the garage and park there.

My wife has the honor of parking in the garage. While there have been some valiant attempts, the battle is lost and my spot is now where a treadmill and workbench and lawnmower lives.

That inflatable thing seems neat though. We used to do mulch but it's in our flower bed now. Oh I had a fun lesson about using mulch and not soil. Giant wet bags of leaky dirt on top of the car... Awful for multiple reasons...
Absolute
AG
I looked up the inflatable thing once, wasn't even that expensive.
ChoppinDs40
AG
a few more things to move and we'll be able to get all 3 cars in the garage! it did take installing an attic lift and doing some serious rearranging but it makes me happy.

luckily the hail we got in prosper last week was negligent - my truck made it out alive.
Decay
AG
Did anyone else know Safelite can't do the quick windshield thing in your driveway if you have a fancy camera cruise control?! FYI because I spent three hours there last week.

Also no, it wasn't from hail. I think I cracked my windshield when I scraped off ice...
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Seriously. I don't feel bad for anyone that gets hail damage on their cars if they have the same number of cars as garage spots. Quit being a hoarder, clean out your garage, don't buy a vehicle that won't fit in said garage, and / or don't have a boat. If you aren't willing to do those things, hail damage is in your future. Dont complain when it happens.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Seriously we have way too much stuff but still can fit our two cars in a small garage. Neighbors garage is filled top to bottom with boxes like a storage shed and can't park one car in his garage.

Yup. I always wave to my neighbors from the side porch as I watch them scramble to put mattresses and **** on their two cars every hail storm.

Three car garage, million dollar house, 5000 square feet, but they need their garage as a storage unit / hang out space to watch cable news all evening on the couch.

Weirdest damn people I know.
Decay
AG
When that describes my house I'll put all six of my cars in there
wbt5845
AG
Decay said:

Also f Clay Jenkins

And Carthage must be destroyed.
wbt5845
AG
Oh - we have a three car garage and two normally are in there. The third can go in if I roll my tool chest out of the garage, which I do for hail storms.
GarlandAg2012
AG
My "two car garage" can't fit my F150. It's at least a foot too long. It's a converted car port and whoever converted it made it too small.
riverrataggie
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

My "two car garage" can't fit my F150. It's at least a foot too long. It's a converted car port and whoever converted it made it too small.

Feel like there is a 'that's what she said joke' somewhere in here.
fka ftc
Since the Storm2K guys have moved to Spring, seems appropriate to post the link here.

https://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=122545&start=120

Latest updates seem to point to a drier Friday March 11th. Have not watched the local news today.
planoaggie123
AG
Thanks for posting the link. I actually was coming in to add just now.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Heads up for 35E and east this afternoon.

aggiespartan
AG
Egg sized hail? No thanks.
planoaggie123
AG
seems like awfully large range in size....
aggiespartan
AG
gotta figure if you can get eggs, peas are possible too
The Collective
AG
Ovary egg or chicken egg?
The Collective
AG
SPC discussion:

Quote:

Given the cold temperatures aloft, hail will be possible within these storms, particularly the initial more cellular development and with any updraft augmentation that occurs as the line interacts with any cells ahead of it. Some very large (i.e. greater than 2" in diameter) hail is possible.
aggielostinETX
AG
Is that a huge hail core over HP?
AW 1880
AG
Dime size here in Murphy.
The Collective
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

Is that a huge hail core over HP?

I ordered up a hail hit on BMWs.
HouseDivided06
AG
I was driving north on 75 when it hit. Dime to marble size hail up until about Royal.
Garrelli 5000
AG
DIme to marble sized in Frisco. Wife said didn't hit our house but I know it hit my car 1 mile north while I was standing inline at a Fedex. That was at 5:30.

Assume what's done is and done and limited risk of taking car out now in the same area?
Take the trash out staff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.