Metroplex
Sponsored by

WINTER STORMWATCH 2020-21

176,428 Views | 1875 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CoppellAg93
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heard this scream, looked out the window - neighbor towing his son behind his truck on a sled. It was the scream of pure joy only a little kid could produce (or Garrelli 5000 on a rollercoaster).
Take the trash out staff.
Decay
AG
I managed to keep everyone inside so we could get some stuff done with the promise that this afternoon we'd have real snow and could go crazy. Two little boys who have a grand total of like 3 snows in their life.

Well now it's snowing for real and they're beyond ready to mix it up. LFG!!
FincAg
AG
Decided to go ahead and smoke today. I did not think my little stick burner could handle 2 tomorrow. Will be pulling these this evening and finishing in the oven overnight.
Put some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea.
JR Ewingford
Coming up on about an inch at the house. Weather is about to go downhill probably around that 4pm type area.
FincAg
AG
My partner in crime this afternoon would rather lay on the concrete than by the fire.
Put some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea.
Naveronski
AG
riverrataggie said:

Just went for a 5 mile run. Just cover up and it's not bad. If we were on the side of a mountain skiing we would think this is beautiful weather.

Same! Snow was powdery. No ice.
agcrock2005
AG
FincAg said:

Decided to go ahead and smoke today. I did not think my little stick burner could handle 2 tomorrow. Will be pulling these this evening and finishing in the oven overnight.

Better put that beer in the ice chest so it doesn't freeze...add that to things I never thought I'd say and actually mean.
Fitch
AG
Well, watering tanks have a good 2.5" cap of ice. That particular part of the pond was at least as deep as the handle. And the cold's coming!

About an hour north of McKinney, FWIW.

FincAg
AG
Dad said the same thing. Good advice.
riverrataggie
AG
Nothing better than a Texan standing on a frozen stock tank swinging a pick to crack the ice.
hijakeroo123
AG
Just has an Amazon package delivered in Plano which was ordered at 5 AM this morning. Can't believe that they're still out in this mess.
Post removed:
by user
91AggieLawyer
AG
hijakeroo123 said:

Just has an Amazon package delivered in Plano which was ordered at 5 AM this morning. Can't believe that they're still out in this mess.

I just ordered something (Prime) that said it won't be here until Friday. 4 items, all in stock, and at worst, normally, they'd all get here by Wednesday with the first 2 items coming tomorrow. I guess they're being proactive or reducing expectations. For me and this order, it isn't that big a deal although 2 items I'd rather have sooner but I'll live.

In the last 3 weeks, I've gotten 2 or 3 same day deliveries.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

hijakeroo123 said:

I just ordered something (Prime) that said it won't be here until Friday. 4 items, all in stock, and at worst, normally, they'd all get here by Wednesday with the first 2 items coming tomorrow. I guess they're being proactive or reducing expectations. For me and this order, it isn't that big a deal although 2 items I'd rather have sooner but I'll live.

In the last 3 weeks, I've gotten 2 or 3 same day deliveries.

Well they just cancelled my Amazon Fresh order I placed 2 days ago for delivery today the first day I could get.

Just stocking up on some drinks but now I have to make due with what I have for a few days.
AggieFrog
AG

Legal Custodian
AG
The projections just went down to only 2 inches from this storm. It was at 4+ earlier today. Wonder what changed cause the storm looks massive
Killin Me Smalls
AG
planoaggie123
AG
Legal Custodian said:

The projections just went down to only 2 inches from this storm. It was at 4+ earlier today. Wonder what changed cause the storm looks massive

Noticed that. Not sure why but will take it. Still enough for kids to have fun tomorrow.
culdeus
AG
Forecast for precip, especially precip overnight has come down a lot. The east side of the metroplex may not get much more than 2, if that. The Wednesday event still looks like a monster.
culdeus
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Noticed that. Not sure why but will take it. Still enough for kids to have fun tomorrow.
https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=32.94&lon=-96.69&zoom=8&radar=1&wxstn=0

Looks like the jet stream dip stayed to the west, and is now outflowing north much more west of forecast, and sooner.
The Collective
AG
I'm in north central Parker County. The last hour has been going full throttle. This is incredible.
Ol Jock 99
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

hijakeroo123 said:

The roads aren't bad.

I took a short cruise in Lake Highlands, and Walnut Hill and NWH are certainly bad.
wangus12
AG
culdeus said:

planoaggie123 said:

Legal Custodian said:

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=32.94&lon=-96.69&zoom=8&radar=1&wxstn=0

Looks like the jet stream dip stayed to the west, and is now outflowing north much more west of forecast, and sooner.

Omg I'm just so totally shocked that the worst forcasted snow storm in 40 years isn't gonna do anything to metroplex
GarryowenAg
AG
Yeah this is my shocked face.
double aught
AG
It's been snowing lightly all day in Richardson but still doesn't cover the ground. I guess maybe snow is hard to predict, but there was tons of hype for this. Looking like a bust compared to what was forecasted.
duck79
AG
Prosper has been pretty consistent all day

culdeus
AG
wangus12 said:

culdeus said:

planoaggie123 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Omg I'm just so totally shocked that the worst forcasted snow storm in 40 years isn't gonna do anything to metroplex
TBH the big snow event on Wednesday always looked to be bigger in the models. The Sunday one at times was a coin flip to even make it here.
Fitch
AG
Euro and GFS models have been fighting about snow accumulation in NE part of the state vs. SE. Overnight should prove out what's what.

Still going to be cold as snot Monday/Tuesday.
JR Ewingford
Getting hammered in SW Ft Worth.
wbt5845
AG
BTW - if you want some entertainment, go read the weather thread on the Houston board. It hardly ever gets below freezing there and now they're forecast to get 4". You'd think a nuclear device was set to go off.
pheasant
Ridglea Hills getting hammered too
planoaggie123
AG
NWS tweeted that still supports the original 4-6"
wbt5845
AG
South Arlington snow and wind has picked up a lot now.
Cramp00
My kids made it about 7 minutes. Half the time as it took to bundle them up. Wankers
aggielostinETX
AG
wbt5845 said:

South Arlington snow and wind has picked up a lot now.

Big front moving in. Should get 4-6".
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.