Austin
Sponsored by

Two Package Explosions Are Related

21,627 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His parents live down the street from his house. Police are waiting on search warrants this morning. A journalist was just arrested by the DPS for getting too close.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Thank you for the article.

This basically confirms that he was going to plant another bomb last night. It doesn't sound like he was spooked until they began following him, then he took the bomb on himself.
Complete Idiot
I am still curious who the Fedex packages were addressed to, wonder if we'll find out.
jopatura
AG
Mark Conditt per KVUE.
PJYoung
AG
He was googling addresses in Cedar Park and troopers were sent to those homes early this morning.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Same question I have.. I would think within the next day or so we will get all the information they are going to give us.
Complete Idiot
Bomber's mom attended A&M
PJYoung
AG
Looks like he might've been home schooled, Christian, from an earlier facebook post.

Charpie
AG
EE...class of 87
PJYoung
AG
http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/21/mark-conditt-austin-bomber-high-school-mission-trip/
BohunkAg
AG
Quote:

home schooled
CapCity12thMan
AG
wait - is he wearing gloves...?
PJYoung
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

Yes and a wig
dead zip 01
AG
That's what I don't understand. The fedex store employee knew someone in the area was killing people with package bombs but didn't say anything when a guy comes in with gloves on and a bad wig mailing 2 large packages?
Beer Baron
AG
PJYoung said:

CapCity12thMan said:

Yes and a wig
WTF didn't the FedEx clerk think to mention that the second he came in?
PJYoung
AG
Yeah I thought it was weird as well. But I guess the bomber hadn't used FedEx yet so it wasn't top of mind somehow.

And some people just don't pay attention to the news. It's entirely possible he was only vaguely aware of the story.
PJYoung
AG
I wonder how lightly the bomber put package down on his desk too. Probably practically tip toed in to the store.
Complete Idiot
PJYoung said:

CapCity12thMan said:

Yes and a wig
ausag
AG
Considering the seriousness of what was happening, you would have thought that employees were made aware. I mean I was talking to my wife and kids about everything. Who wasn't talking about it?
Beer Baron
AG
As a general rule of thumb if anyone hands me anything while wearing gloves, I'm thinking "maybe I should also be wearing gloves."
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We live in Northern Houston and my wife was asking if I thought it was something that the area needed to be aware of, that maybe it could spread.
tailgatetimer10
AG
They re-evacuated the ABIA FedEx facility. It's believed there's another suspicious package.
Sandman98
AG
AggieStout said:

Don't want to sound like a crazy person but I'm standing in my back yard right now and can see what looks like 3 drones flying around doing surveillance. One is close by and two in the distance flying in a repetitive pattern maybe about a 1 mile circle.

Crazy
BowSowy
AG
I think y'all are greatly overestimating how much of a **** your average retail/customer service employee gives.
Astrobo
AG
BowSowy said:

I think y'all are greatly overestimating how much of a **** your average retail/customer service employee gives.[url=https://texags.com/forums/34][/url]
Yep, at that location he might have looked fairly normal.
Complete Idiot
I live out in Cedar park - was wondering when the NW area of austin might get hit since he appeared he was spreading them out.

8:50 a.m. update: A law enforcement official told the American-Statesman that investigators accessing Austin bombing suspect Mark Conditt's Google search history found that he had been looking up other addresses in Austin and the surrounding area.
Late Tuesday, Texas Department of Public Safety troopers were dispatched to two homes in the Cedar Park area to check the front porch and to notify residents that they may be in danger.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Really wonder the general location of these homes. I'm in Northwest Austin and was thinking the same thing. However I have many friends in cedar Park
jopatura
AG
Didn't he send off the packages before the trip wire bomb? I can see the employee just not recognizing the situation for what it was. Plus in retail, a wig and gloves isn't in the top 10 weirdest things you've ever seen.
Aust Ag
AG
jopatura said:

SDidn't he send off the packages before the trip wire bomb? I can see the employee just not recognizing the situation for what it was. Plus in retail, a wig and gloves isn't in the top 10 weirdest things you've ever seen.
Hell, that's a normal day at a lot of places here.
tamc91
AG
I work about a mile from that FedEx store front. It is a fairly normal suburb area (in Austin area at least). That guy should have stood out. Who wears gloves and a t-shirt?

The other thing that should have stood out to the clerk is how many people sends stuff via FedEx in the same town?
AggieOO
tamc91 said:

I work about a mile from that FedEx store front. It is a fairly normal suburb area (in Austin area at least). That guy should have stood out. Who wears gloves and a t-shirt?

People who do manual labor. Landscapers, movers, etc.

Quote:

The other thing that should have stood out to the clerk is how many people sends stuff via FedEx in the same town?

Businesses.
cityagboy
AG
tamc91 said:

There were definitely some things that could have stood out, but when you do the same thing all day it can be hard to notice that kind of stuff. You can get in a routine where you are just going through the motions, you can get used to seeing unique people, you can get used to people being drunk or high, and you can get used to people simply being super awkward. When you work a job like that you will get used to those things.
PJYoung
AG
Quote:

12:10 update: A picture of the suspected Austin serial bomber Mark Conditt provided by a close high school friend on Wednesday paints him as a smart but opinionated and often intimidating young man who was "rough around the edges."
"It's really sad to think that one of my friends succumbed to hatred of some sort," Jeremiah Jensen, 24, who was homeschooled in the same Pflugerville community as Conditt, told the American-Statesman. "I have no idea what caused him to make those bombs. Whatever it was I wish he would have reached out to me and asked for help or something."
Jensen was one of only about a dozen friends listed on Conditt's Facebook page before it was removed on Wednesday morning.
The two were close in 2012 and 2013, said Jensen, who would often go to the Conditts' home for lunch after Sunday church service and attending Bible study and other activities together. Jensen said Conditt came from a good family, was athletic, enjoyed rock climbing and parkour and was a "deep thinker."

Quote:

"When I met Mark, he was really rough around the edges," Jensen said. "He was a very assertive person and would end up being kind of dominant and intimidating in conversation. A lot of people didn't understand him and where he was coming from. He really just wanted to tell the truth. What I remember about him he would push back on you if you said something without thinking about it. He loved to think and argue and turn things over and figure out what was really going on."
Jensen said Conditt attended regular church services at the Austin Stone Community Church on St. John's Avenue.
"I know faith was a serious thing for him," he said. "I don't know if he held onto his faith or not. The kind of anger that he expressed and the kind of hate that he succumbed to that's not what he believed in in high school. I don't know what happened along the way. This wasn't him."
As a fellow homeschool student, Jensen described the inner experience of a lot of his friends as one of "loneliness."
"It's just very difficult for a lot of kids to find a way to fit in once they are out in the real world," he said. "I have a feeling that is what happened with Mark. I don't remember him ever being sure of what he wanted to do."

https://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/the-suspect-mark-conditt-rough-around-the-edges-friend-says/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/
Frozen Concoction
tamc91 said:

This is Austin. I'm not driving across town without a damn good reason.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
PJYoung said:

Quote:

12:10 update: A picture of the suspected Austin serial bomber Mark Conditt provided by a close high school friend on Wednesday paints him as a smart but opinionated and often intimidating young man who was "rough around the edges."
"It's really sad to think that one of my friends succumbed to hatred of some sort," Jeremiah Jensen, 24, who was homeschooled in the same Pflugerville community as Conditt, told the American-Statesman. "I have no idea what caused him to make those bombs. Whatever it was I wish he would have reached out to me and asked for help or something."
Jensen was one of only about a dozen friends listed on Conditt's Facebook page before it was removed on Wednesday morning.
The two were close in 2012 and 2013, said Jensen, who would often go to the Conditts' home for lunch after Sunday church service and attending Bible study and other activities together. Jensen said Conditt came from a good family, was athletic, enjoyed rock climbing and parkour and was a "deep thinker."

Quote:

"When I met Mark, he was really rough around the edges," Jensen said. "He was a very assertive person and would end up being kind of dominant and intimidating in conversation. A lot of people didn't understand him and where he was coming from. He really just wanted to tell the truth. What I remember about him he would push back on you if you said something without thinking about it. He loved to think and argue and turn things over and figure out what was really going on."
Jensen said Conditt attended regular church services at the Austin Stone Community Church on St. John's Avenue.
"I know faith was a serious thing for him," he said. "I don't know if he held onto his faith or not. The kind of anger that he expressed and the kind of hate that he succumbed to that's not what he believed in in high school. I don't know what happened along the way. This wasn't him."
As a fellow homeschool student, Jensen described the inner experience of a lot of his friends as one of "loneliness."
"It's just very difficult for a lot of kids to find a way to fit in once they are out in the real world," he said. "I have a feeling that is what happened with Mark. I don't remember him ever being sure of what he wanted to do."

https://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/the-suspect-mark-conditt-rough-around-the-edges-friend-says/CQUCcXNJ9nb2iFs8sSq0pK/

Haven't met a normal homeschooled kid yet in my life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.