Austin
Sponsored by

Two Package Explosions Are Related

21,487 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
SteveBott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two today

https://www.statesman.com/news/two-possible-explosions-reported-southwest-austin/iKM0UCqA9MCucbvdlO7cfK/?utm_source=newspaper&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4156841&&
aTm papi
Also happened in a nice part of town. I would bet there would be some neighbors with video surveillance that can help out the police.
evan_aggie
AG
I saw tweets that one of the "victims" had nails in their legs. In their 20s...we will see what is reported.

Wouldn't be shocked if they were transporting a bomb...
SteveBott
AG
Two down to one. Still
txjortsagent
AG
Just got an emergency alert on my phone not to leave my house. Police working emergency situation.

I'm in Oak Hill
tailgatetimer10
AG
Geez, sorry to hear. This sucks.
txjortsagent
AG
After research, it was really only Travis Country being told not to leave. But the emergency alert system caught everyone in this area.
evan_aggie
AG
Tripwire reports...
tailgatetimer10
AG
Just passed the residential entrance on my way to work, I don't think anyone will be able to leave that area till 10. Tons of media and police presence in the area right at the intersection of Southwest parkway
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Yep. The alert caught us on the immediate other side of Barton Creek, too. Eanes sent an e-mail telling everyone that it really only applies to Travis Country, and that the buses would run normally today.
Wooahhhh
AG
heard on a national radio show this morning, a thought that developers trying to move low income families out of the way for development. i'm just relaying what i heard, I have no idea if it's for real. it was an interesting take. I don't know Austin, is that even possible in regards to where this is happening?
ratfacemcdougal
maybe someone who does not want Amazon
Astrobo
AG
Wooahhhh said:

heard on a national radio show this morning, a thought that developers trying to move low income families out of the way for development. i'm just relaying what i heard, I have no idea if it's for real. it was an interesting take. I don't know Austin, is that even possible in regards to where this is happening?
This follows the liberal theory of never miss out on the use of fear to further an agenda. Big bad developer bombing poor families to make them move?
Astrobo
AG
double post
SteveBott
AG
The article pinpoints Eagle Feather dr. Google satellite maps show very upper middle class type houses. In general SW Austin is not ghetto but I do not live in that side of town
Aust Ag
AG
KXAN reporting that "500 Federal agents" are here investigating. 500 seems excessive, but OK.
aggiederelict
I live in the area. Nice part of town. Good neighborhood over there. We usually use that as an access point to the greenbelt for hiking.
tailgatetimer10
AG
The questions I have, are how many more of these are we going to get before we figure out what reason this phsyco is attacking innocent people?

And,

Is the next target likely West/Central Austin to continue in a "clockwise" rotation around Austin.
Senator Blutarski
AG
Homes on Eagle Feather & Dawn Song run about $750K, more or less depending on how much remodeling. So, that blows away some of the theories that have been floated. Given the exact location of the blast within the neighborhood, it is extremely unlikely anyone's security camera caught it. And, looks like every blast has been near some sort of park or greenbelt, which was probably used for ingress / egress cover.
marron y blanco
Reminds me of the DC sniper attacks. All victims were random, all incidents near major highways no where near perpetrator's resident. Motive was later determined to be extortions, they planned to demand millions to stop the attacks. The entire DC metro area was under stress for several weeks.
Aust Ag
AG
Ward should be interesting this afternoon.
jopatura
AG
The blast spot is an AISD bus stop for the elementary.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I just saw this on Reddit and was trying to look up where exactly the bus stop is, but I couldn't get the site to work.

Makes you wonder if he was trying to target children.

I'm still surprised the bomb was set before 830, considering sun set was at 730..
jopatura
AG
It's right at Dawn Song Dr and Republic of Texas, where the explosion was. The bus stop services Oak Hill Elementary.

I wonder if maybe the kids are the connection. The second victim was a minor. The first victim had a 9 year old daughter iirc. Some kind of competitive extracurricular gone wrong?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Here's photos from KVUE news helicopter. From my understanding it was closer to the cul de sac.

jopatura
AG
It's not. The location is:

PJYoung
AG
SteveBott
AG
From PJ pic it looks like a good chance of no cameras at that location.
Senator Blutarski
AG
Correct regarding no cameras. Plus, there is a short trailhead directly across the street.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Thanks for the clarification, def attempting to target someone leaving or entering that neighborhood.

Random targeting regardless. As you can't ensure who is going to hit it
stardustag
AG
somebody near that area should still have a camera pointing at the street and see what car/people rode by yesterday afternoon.
1208HawkTree
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Here's photos from KVUE news helicopter. From my understanding it was closer to the cul de sac.

In taligate's first picture, there are two faded white dots on the asphalt right next to the spot of the explosion. On Google street view of that location, those spots are also there and look much brighter, almost chalk-like, but I've never seen those before. I wonder how recent that streetview is. Somebody marking a location? Tinfoil hat stuff, but just something I noticed pretty quickly.

https://imgur.com/a/H8gZa
BowSowy
AG
August 2015
1208HawkTree
AG
BowSowy said:

August 2015

Tinfoil hat removed.
TamuKid
AG
jopatura said:

It's right at Dawn Song Dr and Republic of Texas, where the explosion was. The bus stop services Oak Hill Elementary.

I wonder if maybe the kids are the connection. The second victim was a minor. The first victim had a 9 year old daughter iirc. Some kind of competitive extracurricular gone wrong?

And the second attack at 4806 Oldfort Hill Dr. says it's a registered childcare, Young at Heart Childcare.

Blast from the fourth happened at the bus stop and seemed to have been aimed low (most of the damage being to the legs). Seems to indicate targeting kids.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.