Austin
Sponsored by

Two Package Explosions Are Related

21,960 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
Drip99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People were jumping off couches and heard it 4-5 blocks away. A flare doesn't make a bang like that as far as I know.
Drip99
AG
Ken Paxton said " people on the ground I am talking to really believe this is the same bomber"
Potcake
AG
I'm more inclined to believe the APD story, especially considering the incendiary aspect and the employee has already been released from hospital. It is apparent that bomber is more accomplished.
tamusc
AG
Potcake said:

I'm more inclined to believe the APD story, especially considering the incendiary aspect and the employee has already been released from hospital. It is apparent that bomber is more accomplished.
APD just confirmed in the press conference that the car fire on Brodie was just a mechanical issue and that the Goodwill incident was a military momento (small simulated artillery shell that's basically a flare) that was improperly donated/disposed of.

Neither is linked to the other bombs.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
They could also be trying to bait the bomber into taking credit for it
Complete Idiot
https://archive.is/GmAg7
Charpie
AG
He just confessed on KXAN that he was wrong
Potcake
AG
Did I just click on the dark web or something?
Potcake
AG
Or an F-ing liar but I digress, he's an attorney and a politician.
AggieOO
Complete Idiot said:

i doubt this is the actually person, but who knows.
Complete Idiot
If not the actual person then still someone who should be dealt with harshly.

Provided details that's would be easy to confirm. I agree, I don't think it's the person but that's based on my belief "it would be crazy to post about it" - well, this is a crazy person we're dealing with. I can't believe fedex was used, maybe they want to be caught and get attention.
Complete Idiot
I am not reddit knowledgeable and didn't check link I was sent or posted, it's a archive of something from earlier today - older than I realized. Seems to be confirmed fake per reddit updates.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/85tjmo/i_am_the_austin_bomber_ama/
AggieStout
AG
Don't want to sound like a crazy person but I'm standing in my back yard right now and can see what looks like 3 drones flying around doing surveillance. One is close by and two in the distance flying in a repetitive pattern maybe about a 1 mile circle.
Drip99
AG
You have three drones circling your hood in round rock? That seems odd at this hour
AggieStout
AG
Thinking fbi drones
AggieStout
AG
If I had a better camera I would take a pic worth a darn. Light at the bottom left quadrant is the house across the green belt. Light in the center flashes green and red and has been doing the same flight pattern over and over again. Maybe 1-2 miles in diameter. There are 2 more further away doing the same thing
jopatura
AG
Bomb threat in downtown Pflugerville at a FedEx drop box.

I can hear multiple flying objects (drones & helos) from my house.
stardustag
AG
AggieOO said:

Complete Idiot said:

i doubt this is the actually person, but who knows.
who knows? wish reddit didn't suspend that account. hopefully the feds have knocked on his door by now...
AggieStout
AG
Yeah see multiple tweeter feeds about this now. Also saying drones flying around
Veggie Burger

Officer involved shooting on I-35 in Roundrock. Massive police presence. Aircraft were circling above earlier and it was closed in both directions, but they've reopened Northbound. Some people claim to have heard/seen an explosion.

KVUE is reporting that the suspect was being arrested (he is now confirmed dead):
fig96
AG
tailgatetimer10
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

You got to think at some point soon they're going to crack down on him. I'm predicting it'll be over night as well

Dang I nailed that one

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/cbs-austin-obtains-photos-of-austin-bombing-person-of-interest

Pictures of the dude we released as well, at Fedex. I'm glad he made this mistake, but you got to think he didn't care to get caught after physically walking into a store to mail the packages off
PJYoung
AG
Whew. Great news.
tailgatetimer10
AG
5:30 a.m.: Austin Police Chief Brian Manley identified the suspect as a 24-year-old white male during a press conference in the early hours of Wednesday morning. According to Manley, he was a person of interest for 24 hours prior to the incident and then became a suspect.

This update leads me to believe he must've been caught on someone's residential camera (Dawn song drive incident), since they had a person of interest 24 hours before.
cityagboy
AG
Hell yeah! I wish he either would have been captured alive or a cop would have been able to kill him. He didn't deserve the opportunity to take his own life.

Either way I am glad he is dead. I hope that those who were impacted will be able to find some closure and relief.
Complete Idiot
I read that they tracked suspicious purchases linked to his financial accounts and then got a search warrant for his Google search history, which was also suspicious (I take this to mean he was googling bombs and buying all the ingredients, ie beyond suspicious). They then tracked him to hotel via cell phone.

I find the reports of the drones in the area interesting, I wonder what technology was being deployed there. CAmeras and license plate recognition? Or just humans manually looking via video feeds?
TheVarian
AG
Probably using the drones for aerial coverage to make sure they emkept everyone around in check, searching for ****boy, and using FLIR's for someone who could have been concealed
ellebee
If that reddit post is true, it almost sounds like he enjoyed the game of cat and mouse. That might explain why he did stupid things like go into the store or other things that would get him caught.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Where are you reading this? Not questioning your information, I just would like to read it as well.
trouble
AG
It's in several stories. I read part of that in the most recent KVUE story
Complete Idiot
tailgatetimer10 said:

Where are you reading this? Not questioning your information, I just would like to read it as well.
I believe it was a Stateman article, sorry can't find it currently
PJYoung
AG
Abbot just talked about it on fox. Lived in Pflugerville with 2 roommates
Complete Idiot
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/21/595457452/authorities-in-austin-say-latest-package-bombs-sent-by-same-person
Complete Idiot
House is already blurred out on Google Street View. I found the house owners name but owner looks to be renting it out I guess
ellebee
Have y'all triangulated the signal and found his house yet?
Edit: yep you did

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.