COVID VACCINE

175,999 Views | 1108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nosmo
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

Wednesday beat Tuesday in terms of new vaccinations in Brazos County. 56 instead of 53 the day before.
87 new vaccinations reported this afternoon. I'm really hoping that their reporting process sucks and there are more vaccinated that is shown. We'll see if/when the 300 that were vaccinated today at the Brazos Center are reported.
BQ_90
AG
dubi said:

BQ_90 said:

thats the biggest issue with the Brazos Center is traffic, why not use the BC expo center
The expo center has actual paid events.
So you're telling me the master spa hot tub expo is more important than the county administering the covid vaccine?

My guess is the vaccine czar will be in town looking at new hot tubes for his crib in New Mexico that I'm sure we'll be paid for by the tax payers of Brazos County
BwdAg
AG
Nm
nought
AG
KBTX says 5000 doses just allocated, to be given out starting Feb. 1. Anyone on the waiting list get an email or call yet?
cavscout96
AG
What are the chances they get them all out in 48hrs?

I bet Washington County could do it!
Born&Raised
nought said:

KBTX says 5000 doses just allocated, to be given out starting Feb. 1. Anyone on the waiting list get an email or call yet?

Now the question is.... of those 5000 how many are first shot and how many are 2nd dose? They should have received a notice on Sunday about allocation - which was sitting about 1200M.

The week prior it was 1200M and 975P

Just throwin' it There if y'all got anything else.

dubi
AG
Quote:

So you're telling me the master spa hot tub expo is more important than the county administering the covid vaccine?

I'm just not convinced they can utilize all the space at the Brazos Center.
BQ_90
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

The spa expo isn't taking up the entire expo center either.

The issue with the Brazos Center is getting in and getting out.

The expo center is set up much better to flow people in and out. Which is sorta important if you're trying to get 100s of people in and out per hour.

The Brazos Center is perfect if you're vaccinating couple hundred per day, which is probable why it's being used.
trouble
AG
Just have people exit through the Target parking lot too the light.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

Just have people exit through the Target parking lot too the light.
#this

They can direct them out towards target. That is how we exit.
Jinx
It was in at Briarcrest and out by target.
Goose83
AG
BQ_90 said:

dubi said:

Quote:

The expo center is set up much better to flow people in and out. Which is sorta important if you're trying to get 100s of people in and out per hour.

The Brazos Center is perfect if you're vaccinating couple hundred per day, which is probable why it's being used.
Unless you live on the west side of town, The Expo Center isn't as conveniently located for most people in BCS as is the Brazos Center.
techno-ag
AG
Goose61 said:

BQ_90 said:

dubi said:

Quote:

Unless you live on the west side of town, The Expo Center isn't as conveniently located for most people in BCS as is the Brazos Center.
That might not be much of a concern to people willing to drive to Houston or San Antonio for a shot.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
EBrazosAg
AG
No doubt. The missed opportunity for the Expo on the east side of bypass south of Target, north of University is a head scratcher still. Sorry for off subject.... but I attend 1/10 the events at the Expo that I would better located.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nought
AG
Conspiracy theory:

Brazos County has not been newly allocated 5,000 doses. The DSHS website doesn't reflect this, and unless there is some sort of insider information that next week's allocation will be 5,000 doses (but then how could they be here in time to start vaccinating Monday?), the latest allocation (1200 doses) certainly doesn't match up with what has been publicized by our Vaccine Czar.

Instead, those 5,000 doses are accumulated from the last few weeks due to the very low rate at which the county has been vaccinating people over the last month. This matches up with data from the state which says that we have been allocated just over 18,000 doses so far but have only put about 8,000 of those in arms so far.

We know from Washington County that once an allocation is announced over the weekend, the state ships the vaccine overnight on Monday for arrival on Tuesday.
MeKnowNot
The vaccine presentation given to the CSTX City Council was about as useless as the presentation given to the County.

Thanks to John Crompton for asking them some pointed questions that yielded some useful information:
- The only sign-up is the St Joe's website, the County can't get their sign-up to work (apparently because it requires users to enter an email).
- ALL future vaccines will be given via "the hubs", no Walgreens, CVS, HEB, etc.
- They are not expecting an "uptick" in vaccine availability until late February.
- They are already worried about volunteer burn-out. Vaccine roll-out is expected to continue through October.
cavscout96
AG
So, I can just double up my COVID and flu shots at once in OCT?

Sounds about right....right?
Oogway
I'm not sure about "conspiracy" so much. What is that saying? Something about not attributing to malice that which can be explained by ignorance ineptness or along those lines.

Given that St. Joe's is the only data entry point for sign up and knowing they had an info breach some years back, I'm a little leery and want to know more. Normally, I'm pro vaccine, and I am in this case as well, but since I'm not in the 1A groups, I'm going to watch the 60 minutes show about the health data collection and China this weekend; it piqued my interest. It isn't the shot as much as who has access to the health info....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-us-biodata-60-minutes-2021-01-28/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7d&linkId=110169507

(Not meant to be a derail, sorry).

Edit to add (No states accepted the Chinese company's offer I should clarify; but I still want to learn about the security).
KidDoc
AG
cavscout96 said:

So, I can just double up my COVID and flu shots at once in OCT?

Sounds about right....right?
I don't have the scientific evidence but I will be shocked if the COVID vaccine doesn't last at least 5 years. You have to remember that flu is unique in that the vaccine is awful. The rest of our vaccines are WAY more effective.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nought
AG
Oogway said:

I'm not sure about "conspiracy" so much. What is that saying? Something about not attributing to malice that which can be explained by ignorance ineptness or along those lines.

The conspiracy part is that our Czar explicitly said that these 5000 doses were "the missing link" as if we had been waiting on them and that is why the county hasn't done a better job rolling out vaccinations so far. The evidence doesn't point to that being a truthful statement. It sounds like CYA to me.
Oogway
I guess I use your last term (CYA) over conspiracy as I don't think the specific intention was to harm people or commit illegal acts. Negligence, poor planning, and so on sometimes lead to murky/evasive explanations or as you aptly put it: CYA. Takes a real adult to step forward and say, "I made a mistake. My fault" and suffer the consequences. Rather a rare quality these days.
trouble
AG
MeKnowNot said:

The vaccine presentation given to the CSTX City Council was about as useless as the presentation given to the County.

Thanks to John Crompton for asking them some pointed questions that yielded some useful information:
- The only sign-up is the St Joe's website, the County can't get their sign-up to work (apparently because it requires users to enter an email).
- ALL future vaccines will be given via "the hubs", no Walgreens, CVS, HEB, etc.
- They are not expecting an "uptick" in vaccine availability until late February.
- They are already worried about volunteer burn-out. Vaccine roll-out is expected to continue through October.

What the hell?

Pull the county IT guy off whatever he's currently doing and get him to remove that field.

That should not be an issue!
boredatwork08
AG
trouble said:

MeKnowNot said:

What the hell?

Pull the county IT guy off whatever he's currently doing and get him to remove that field.

That should not be an issue!

Precisely. As a software engineer, these are not difficult problems to solve. Similar problems have been solved 100 times over in the past.

We've known for months that a vaccine was eventually coming. How is the county just now trying to figure out how to handle appointments?
trouble
AG
That is 100% my biggest gripe in all of this.

What exactly TF has the health dept been doing? Were they expecting the state to manage things? Were they just planning to let hospitals and clinics manage it?

These are answers we need not from Dr Sullivan but from the actual director of the health department.
Goose83
AG
Been hearing from several people that have been getting emails from the Brazos County Hub Website. Anyone have any info on this?
ratfacemcdougal
Got my email, picked my appointment time, got a confirmation email
Goose83
AG
Edit: Delete/Ignore.
trouble
AG
What are you reading that you don't like?
armymom
Got my email, selected appt time and got confirmation! I can't believe it!
Goose83
AG
As to the shots, I guess we all should have been more patient (unfortunately, patience can be a virtue in short supply in stressful times like these).

Also, there are times when everyone needs to vent some frustration as well, so if this boards helps in the process, so be it.
Post removed:
by user
75AG
AG
Just got my email and time, too.
Goose83
AG
75AG said:

Have to let everyone know how it turns out.
75AG
AG
Goose83 said:

75AG said:

Have to let everyone know how it turns out.
I have a 3pm appointment. With my luck, they'll run out at 259.
Nosmo
AG
As of yesterday midnight (1-28-21)

The state has "allocated" 3,898,700 doses to date.

The state has "shipped" 3,164,450 doses to date

A deficit of -734,253 doses.

That's currently about a week (or more) worth of "allocated" doses.

There is no state posted numbers of when counties actually get the vaccines.

Here's the states shipments of vaccines to all locations for the past 7 days:

Last Friday (1-21-21):

Fr = 0
Sa = 239,700
Su = 64,650
Mo = 140,550
Tu = 0
We = 151,200
Th = 1,000

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.