Bryan/College Station - Coming & Going, Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2013)

312,896 Views | 1230 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by aggiemom89
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New apartment building is going in on Foster Av. behind Chili's.
PS3D
"Aggie Ave" is now "Hullabaloo Ave". I wondered how long they could keep that up before the A&M lawyers came down on them.
FlyRod
Taco Casa opens this week in Bryan.
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
Taco Casa opens TODAY at 11 a.m.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Taco Casa is a good thing.

I see that all the unfounded rumors about Chick's demise fell flat.
FlyRod
Either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's going in one of the new sites at University and Texas. More later. Not a baseless rumor.
PS3D
At Northpoint Crossing? Too bad parking won't be available for it...
FlyRod
Was told it wasn't where the students would be living but "next to it."
techno-ag
AG
Too far from the bypass. Maybe student traffic can help it. Skaggs survived for years that way.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
quote:
Too far from the bypass. Maybe student traffic can help it

Based on the constant crowds at the TX/Villa Maria HEB in bryan and the most northerly College Station HEB, this won't be an issue. TAMU faculty, along with students will certainly patronize it, esp. if it is a Trader Joe's which I hear is the most likely option. Some townies will shop there, others will stay away out of fear and confusion of the new and unfamiliar.

It is nice that an alternative to HEB finally is coming to the "heart" of BCS.
violiav
I miss Albertsons
FlyRod
It must have been too far from the bypass.
NewbombTurk
ratfacemcdougal
College Station New Development list has site plan review for Willie's Grill and Icehouse. Someone did mention earlier they saw a truck at the old tgif building
momlaw
AG
Exec VP Stores with TJ's reports, "news to me." If that changes will let you know.
eloc62
i hear Blackwater Draw Brewing Co. is now open the Northgate area. seems to be a brewhouse with what looks to be some really good sounding food. anyone got any info?
FlyRod
It's good. Very good burgers. Still working the "new restaurant" kinks out, but it's a desperately needed addition to Northgate. Employees are dedicated and interesting to chat with. Their all-Texas beer list is a gem.
agfan92
AG
Sign is up on old Friday's saying Willie's is coming soon. Construction fence was up and work going on as of this morning.
originaltexan
Some type of Mediterranean restaurant will be in the old Tutta Pasta restaurant. I believe Tutta lasted for about 3 months. This is next to the old Red Mango. Parking is tough.

Mineral Body or something like that in the Tower Point area...a few doors down from Sports Clips.
Anna Molly
A place called Pinot's Pallette is going into the strip center near Harvey Washbangers. It appears to be the same concept as Painting With a Twist (which is across the street): gather some friends to paint, bring your own wine.

Regarding the Mediterranean place next to Red Mango, that is kind of a weird location. The large patio area in front of the restaurant space seems like it should be parking, but it's not.
dgonzo99
Rumor has it that McDonald's is going up next to Taco Casa in Bryan.
cozart
AG
has anyone heard anything about an Apple Store coming to B/CS? i heard a rumor a while ago that one could be going into the retail space below the new student housing going up at University and Texas.
FlyRod
quote:
Rumor has it that McDonald's is going up next to Taco Casa in Bryan.

Awesome. We don't have enough of those.
dgonzo99
FlyRod, I wish that it was something else going up, but McDonald's does a landslide business here. They are like gas stations in cities, they're everywhere.
gopitt
55,000 college students. A lot of McDonald's.
Go figure. Decent food, easy on a college kid's budget.
toolshed
AG
McDonalds and decent food...two things I'd hesitate to put together in a sentence!
gunan01
AG
Didn't have time to read this whole thread.....anyone know if Pluckers is coming to B/CS? BW3 is ok and Wings N More is pretty much inedible these days.
PS3D
One that slipped under the radar, "Aggieland Tutoring", a private tutoring (mostly one-on-one) place at the old CC Creations behind Layne's. It opened earlier this semester.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Apple Store would KILL here.
techno-ag
AG
CS has finalized plans to sell the Chimney Hill shopping center to a developer who plans to build a $40 million, 5 story apartment project (parking garage included on 3 floors).

What was originally bought to be the city's convention center will now house apartments aimed at yuppies and families.

The Republic will stay. A "fast casual" chain will also move in.

http://wtaw.com/?p=73908

carpe vinum
AG
How many million did they lose on that deal?
dachsie
I would love a Trader Joe's here so I wouldn't have to go to The Woodlands to shop there but I am not sure that is going to happen. Altho, when mentioning it to a TJ employee one time she said a college town is a possible target. And I really dont see Whole Foods here.

At one point though, someone was saying that Sprouts was trying to move in where Linen and Things used to be but never heard anymore about that.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
yuppies

I thought the term nowadays was "hipsters"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.