Outdoors
Sponsored by

Abandoned Car at ABIA

113,257 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by ShouldastayedataTm
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was this guy seen in the area?

Owen Kellogg
AG
Sad day. I was hoping to see it when I travel through there next month.
Hewey Calloway
AG
CashinOut said:

RIP. Now to find it on an auction site
If it shows up on an auction site it should be this one. This is where the City of Austin and ABIA send their stuff. I haven't spotted it yet.

https://www.txauction.com/
Complete Idiot
I found this thread 6 weeks or so, never replied to it but I had a "prank" planned. Take some water buckets and towels to wipe off dust then spray with detailer and shine car up nice, take a jack and shift car over in parking spot as if driven. I had bought an "I Love Derry" sticker to put on to match the Maine plates and cause more wtf type reactions. Took photo of sticker at that time so I could "prove" my involvement at some later date (unless everyone hated it of course). Had stuff loaded up one Saturday morning but a family event interrupted, never got back to it and even lost my nerve thinking it would not be well received and group would prefer to leave it dirty. And now window of opportunity has passed.
ConfidentAg
AG
Washing it would have been awesome you coward
AgEng06
AG
ConfidentAg said:

Washing it would have been awesome you coward Complete Idiot
Complete Idiot

Complete Idiot
Nm
Complete Idiot
AgEng06 said:

ConfidentAg said:

Washing it would have been awesome you coward Complete Idiot

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I would have found that level of trickery awesome and entertaining.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
CashinOut
AG
Can we check some spots around it? This sounds like someone coming forward with the truth without actually coming forth with the truth
txags92
AG
CashinOut said:

Can we check some spots around it? This sounds like someone coming forward with the truth without actually coming forth with the truth

I can just imagine whoever picked it up wondering "Who are all these people marking this car, and why tf are the tires so clean?!"
John Cocktolstoy
The one time I use the vehicle and don't put second vehicle in it's place, the space get's taken. It's still at the airport. You just have to find it.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
O.G.
My brother and his wife (both Aggies) are in the Austin region and have a licence to buy cars at those auctions. I will ask if/when they have them etc.
AggieOO
AggieOO said:

AgsMnn said:

There is another one on the same level.

B-50 I believe.

I fly out Wednesday. I'll look.

From Maine to California. Here's the new candidate, but its unfortunately already tagged for towing.

chickencoupe16
AG
Remove that sticker and move the car!
TheVarian
AG
Where's complete Idiot, he owes us.
maroon barchetta
My brother flies out of ABIA quite a bit. I had sent him the link to this thread and he has enjoyed it.

He just texted me some photos and asked if y'all have a new vehicle you are keeping up with.

I shared with him that there is no joy in Mudville since the Honda got towed and this new entry is already tagged.

AgsMnn
AG
Lots of paper towels etc in the back seat.
Burdizzo
AG
If we were dedicated to the cause, we pool our money to buy a beater and park it in the garage. Once every week or two someone would be responsible for moving it to a different spot, so the airport can't claim it was abandoned. No telling how long we could keep it going. Maybe we could turn it into a game. The guy who moves it doesn't say where, and we have to play "Where's Volvo?" to find it. The first person to say the spot gets a prize and has to move it for the next person.

Just a dumb idea.
CashinOut
AG
Where would the keys be?
chickencoupe16
AG
CashinOut said:

Where would the keys be?
It's a beater, so hidden enough to not be obvious but a magnetic hide-a-key or in the gas tank door would be good enough.
Burdizzo
AG
CashinOut said:

Where would the keys be?

Predetermined hiding spot on the car with a magnetic box.

Totally non sequitur, I mistyped "hiding spot" and autocorrect gave me "Hindi g spot" Sounds kinky.
chickencoupe16
AG
Burdizzo said:

CashinOut said:

Where would the keys be?

Predetermined hiding spot on the car with a magnetic box.

Totally non sequitur, I mistyped "hiding spot" and autocorrect gave me "Hindi g spot" Sounds kinky.
Gonna go ahead and search that one in private browsing real quick. I won't report back
techno-ag
AG
AggieOO said:

AggieOO said:

AgsMnn said:

There is another one on the same level.

B-50 I believe.

I fly out Wednesday. I'll look.

From Maine to California. Here's the new candidate, but its unfortunately already tagged for towing.

Parking garage guys be like "If you see TexAgs on a car, tow it."
Hewey Calloway
AG
Burdizzo said:

If we were dedicated to the cause, we pool our money to buy a beater and park it in the garage. Once every week or two someone would be responsible for moving it to a different spot, so the airport can't claim it was abandoned. No telling how long we could keep it going. Maybe we could turn it into a game. The guy who moves it doesn't say where, and we have to play "Where's Volvo?" to find it. The first person to say the spot gets a prize and has to move it for the next person.

Just a dumb idea.

I say pool our money and buy the OG Honda from whatever auction site it shows up on and take it back to the airport. Then play your game with that.
maroon barchetta
My brother sent me a closeup.
DannyDuberstein
AG
8/3. Don't seem to be in a hurry to haul it off
AgsMnn
AG
I'll be back through tonight.

I'll leave a mark.
chickencoupe16
AG
AgsMnn said:

I'll be back through tonight.

I'll leave a mark.
AggieOO
DannyDuberstein said:

8/3. Don't seem to be in a hurry to haul it off

The Honda was there a long time after it got tagged.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Hewey Calloway said:

CashinOut said:

RIP. Now to find it on an auction site
If it shows up on an auction site it should be this one. This is where the City of Austin and ABIA send their stuff. I haven't spotted it yet.

https://www.txauction.com/
Best case scenario this car gets bought at auction and is immediately driven back to ABIA and parked in the same spot.
tamc93
AG
I remember driving by this one in early September and thinking this could be another.

FJB, FPA, and FAZ
AgsMnn
AG
Done.
Tarponfly
AG
Geez. I had a few too many beers and could not recall where I parked my car. That answers a lot of questions!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.