Outdoors
Sponsored by

Abandoned Car at ABIA

112,934 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by ShouldastayedataTm
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HondaOwner said:

Bank doesn't want the car so does anyone wanna buy a Honda crv probably has 85000 miles on it. Waiting on a call back from the airport. Also if anyone would like to help get it from there I will venmo and take care of the person who helps me out. If someone local lives down there

Id love to buy it, unfortunately I'm 100 miles off the coast of Brazil at the moment
lp01
AG
I would be interested in a pic of the RV in San Antonio. One of our neighbors was an older gentleman who mysteriously died in his. It was a POS. His widow is into all kinds of things including narcotics and the RV was never seen again. Could be she sold it, but we've heard all kinds of rumors.
maroon barchetta
lp01 said:

I would be interested in a pic of the RV in San Antonio. One of our neighbors was an older gentleman who mysteriously died in his. It was a POS. His widow is into all kinds of things including narcotics and the RV was never seen again. Could be she sold it, but we've heard all kinds of rumors.

What kind of rumors?
Complaint Investigator
AG
Will the bank send you the title?
CTGilley
AG
I work at the airport almost weekly. Get it figured out and we can help you. I might have a buyer also
highlonesomeaggie
AG
maroon barchetta said:

lp01 said:

What kind of rumors?
Is this the one?

HondaOwner
I'll send you a PM
i is smart
AG
I'm proud of my fellow Ags when considering that nobody had the handle, HondaOwner, before this guy.

The Outdoors Board is going to seem like 4Chan when HondaOwner tells this story to his friends.
lp01
AG
I doubt it is the same RV, but would be interesting if it was. The neighbor died in the RV and no one really knew what happened to him. The RV was just gone. Within a short time period, the house has people coming and going 24/7 with people of all walks of life. Rumored drug dealing and other activities. Random cars coming and going at all hours of the day and night. People showing up, staying for 5 minutes, and leaving. We've seen people changing out temp tags. Cops have been by a handful of times and hauled vehicles off but no arrests.

It all started when the RV wasn't there any more and he died. I doubt it is the same RV, but it's a short distance to SAT and thought it would be another part of the story.
DuncanLEO
Sea Speed said:

HondaOwner said:

Bank doesn't want the car so does anyone wanna buy a Honda crv probably has 85000 miles on it. Waiting on a call back from the airport. Also if anyone would like to help get it from there I will venmo and take care of the person who helps me out. If someone local lives down there

Id love to buy it, unfortunately I'm 100 miles off the coast of Brazil at the moment
It's been sitting there for two years....
TX_COWDOC
AG
When did you get stars?

I take back what I said about the OB getting punk'ed.

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
EskimoJoe
HondaOwner said:

I think we will need some more information before any big plans get made. Tell us a little about yourself.... What types of out doors activities do your enjoy? When smoking brisket, do you prefer the fat side up or down? Finally and most importantly, what kinds of beans do you like in your chili?
techno-ag
AG
EskimoJoe said:

HondaOwner said:

I think we will need some more information before any big plans get made. Tell us a little about yourself.... What types of out doors activities do your enjoy? When smoking brisket, do you prefer the fat side up or down? Finally and most importantly, what kinds of beans do you like in your chili?

Ogre09
AG
Honda man still hasn't complied with Rule 1
Tailgate88
AG
Beat me to it.
trouble
AG
Be nice to the yankee
Breggy Popup
AG
Something isn't adding up here.

Lost the car to the bank because he couldn't make payments.

Bank doesn't want the car. Surely their lien is still on the title.

How can the purported former owner sell the car?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Texmid said:

What would happen if you removed the current plates and replaced them with temporary plates, wait a day or two, then try do drive it out with the temp plates?

They're gonna ask how a car that was never recorded entering is trying to leave.
ShouldastayedataTm
If the bank will put it in writing they dont want the car, he can get the title cleared as well as any ding to his credit.
BMach
AG
Hasn't been towed yet

Chipotlemonger
AG
The most infuriating part is they parked it terribly in that spot
Stat Monitor Repairman
If it gets towed it needs to be on a flatbed or ensure special precautions are taken not to destroy the drivetrain on this AWD vehicle.
ballchain
Burdizzo
AG
ballchain said:

Chipotlemonger said:

The most infuriating part is they parked it terribly in that spot

Well, it was a woman driving it, so…

That's the last word in the breakup. Not only is she ditching his car at the airport parking garage, she is parking on the line.
JB
AG
Keys left in it possibly? Does HondaOwner have keys for it in Maine?
Burdizzo
AG
JB said:

This would actually be a good episode for Vice Grip Garage.
JB
AG
Burdizzo said:

JB said:

That guy cracks me up. "It's gonna need a very special kinda bat-tree"….as he sets down the cheapest one Oriellys sells.
oragator
Odds it will even start without a jump?
Irish 2.0
There is no way in hell that thing is going to start w/o a jump. Probably be easier to just bring a new battery and drive it right to shop to have the old gas drained out of it.
Burdizzo
AG
JB said:

Burdizzo said:

JB said:

That guy cracks me up. "It's gonna need a very special kinda bat-tree"….as he sets down the cheapest one Oriellys sells.

BRING THE THUNDER

nope
JYDog90
AG
I think Texags ought to buy it and auction it off at Preseason Kickoff with the money going to Kidz1st. This is a legendary possession and a great story to include.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I bet you put a couple cans of octane booster and it will run ok. Anyone that parks like that undoubtedly left the tank under 1/8, so putput to the nearest gas station and fill it up with 93 and you should be good on that front.
HondaOwner
Keys are possibly in it but I have 2 keys in maine
Charpie
AG
HondaOwner said:

Keys are possibly in it but I have 2 keys in maine
With it being AWD, does it possibly have remote start? I know my Toyota does.

Dammit I wish I still lived in Austin.
JB
AG
So what's the plan? Did the airport say how much to get it out? If the bank owns it, is there really anything you can legally do?

If the airport tows it, I'm guessing it just sits somewhere else for awhile longer then eventually gets auctioned off with no title?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.