Outdoors
Sponsored by

Abandoned Car at ABIA

114,187 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by ShouldastayedataTm
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
AtlAg05
AG
This just means it switches to that California car.
RED AG 98
AG
Proof of life
RED AG 98
AG
(Edit) the four minute delayed double post. Impressive TA
Sea Speed
AG
For some reason I thought it was on or over the line.
O.G.
Do those other cars parked around there ever realize that they are sitting next to a Legend?
TexDill15
AG
Is it sitting on the rims yet? I'd think the tires would have dry rotted with how long they have sat.
EMY92
AG
Not being in the sun greatly helps. They were likely low when it was towed away.

Now for the good news, if you love the vehicle, you will now have the chance to own it by bidding on it at the auction. I have no details on the auction for AIBA abandoned vehicles.
RED AG 98
AG
Like in the last couple of hours? Because at 9am it was right there in the blue garage as it has been.
Belton Ag
AG
O.G. said:

Do those other cars parked around there ever realize that they are sitting next to a Legend?

One time at the DFW airport I went into the bathroom across from TGI Friday's and went to pee. The guy standing at the urinal next to me? Tony Romo.

That episode pales in comparison to the cars in the Austin airport parking garage.
AggieOO
RED AG 98 said:

Proof of life

YES!

sorry for the false alarm.
O.G.
TexDill15 said:

Is it sitting on the rims yet? I'd think the tires would have dry rotted with how long they have sat.
Ok, next one to fly through has to at least Armor All the tires. Do NOT clean anything else, but we gotta keep those tires up. Anyone with a plug in air compressor might want to kick in there too.
CashinOut
AG
Car is getting taken better care of now than when the original owner had it
pdc093
O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

Ok, next one to fly through has to at least Armor All the tires. Do NOT clean anything else, but we gotta keep those tires up. Anyone with a plug in air compressor might want to kick in there too.

YES!
AlexAggie
AG
Tires are in good shape. Didn't check hair or ankles.
txags92
AG
AlexAggie said:

Tires are in good shape. Didn't check hair or ankles.

Any subway wrappers on the dash?
Stat Monitor Repairman
O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

+1 on this idea. Spray on tire foam would require minimal effort.
txags92
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

I will be headed through there early next week. If nobody gets to them before then, I will take some armor-all wipes to the tires.
O.G.
txags92 said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

I will be headed through there early next week. If nobody gets to them before then, I will take some armor-all wipes to the tires.
Never used the wipes before. Sounds like work. I would use the spray on kind, soak them and leave. If you use wipes you have to deal with throwing them away etc after.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
O.G. said:

txags92 said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

Never used the wipes before. Sounds like work. I would use the spray on kind, soak them and leave. If you use wipes you have to deal with throwing them away etc after.
Plus you can leave the can on the windshield edge for future touch ups.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
txags92
AG
O.G. said:

txags92 said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

Yeah, but I already have the wipes in my truck to use on the dashboard. Not going to go buy a whole new spray bottle just for this. There are plenty of trashcans near the elevators to drop the used wipes in.
Sea Speed
AG
Yall are really over thinking this.
txags92
AG
Sea Speed said:

Do you even Texags Bro?
Sea Speed
AG
txags92 said:

Sea Speed said:

Do you even Texags Bro?
JYDog90
AG
Belton Ag said:

O.G. said:

One time at the DFW airport I went into the bathroom across from TGI Friday's and went to pee. The guy standing at the urinal next to me? Tony Romo.

That episode pales in comparison to the cars in the Austin airport parking garage.

The rib guy? I love his airport restaurants.
Superdave1993
AG
Lost this thread for a while, it was good catching up.
txags92
AG
txags92 said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

Done. Tires wiped down with armor all. Might could use some air though…looking a bit soft.

techno-ag
AG
Thank you for your service.
CTGilley
AG
How does one buy a car that has been abandoned?
txags92
AG
CTGilley said:

How does one buy a car that has been abandoned?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

At least in this case, it is assumed you have to start by paying the parking bill, which is likely to be many times more than the car is worth.
Stat Monitor Repairman
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

Could be related to the Tx State kid that went missing.

We just don't know.
How on earth could you possibly make that leap?
I mean, they found that kids car.
Yeah they found the kids car but the dude is still MIA. They never figured out what happened to the guy.
John Cocktolstoy

$240 Worth of Pudding said:

Could be related to the Tx State kid that went missing.

We just don't know.
How on earth could you possibly make that leap?
I mean, they found that kids car.
Yeah they found the kids car but the dude is still MIA. They never figured out what happened to the guy.
When the Tx St kid is found in this trunk every single one of you making your mark will have a great story!
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
AggieOO
does someone need to take some Goo Gone with them and remove the warning from the windshield? We have to protect this thing.

O.G.
txags92 said:

txags92 said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

Done. Tires wiped down with armor all. Might could use some air though…looking a bit soft.

Not all heros wear capes.
Texmid
AG
O.G. said:

txags92 said:

txags92 said:

O.G. said:

TexDill15 said:

Not all heros wear capes.
Not to be Debbie Downer, but, wouldn't you also need to do the other side of each tire?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.