Outdoors
Sponsored by

Abandoned Car at ABIA

114,225 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by ShouldastayedataTm
BMach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I travel a lot for work so I'm at ABIA several times a month. I noticed this car a couple months back in the blue garage on level 2. Oldest dates (pictured) are from Sept '22, but the registration expired in Sept '21. I'm not too concerned about it, but my wife is and I know Texags knows stuff and I figured someone could track it down.

Edit/pics are from tonight

Reginald Cousins
water turkey
Weird
oragator
Did you report it to the airport authority?
They could solve it in a few minutes probably.
Reginald Cousins
S
oragator said:

Where's the fun in that?
AggieOO
i'm parked on level 2 right now. gonna have to find this car on thurs when i fly back. i'm parked in that garaged at least a couple times a month, and i've not seen it.
AggieOO
and while we are having fun with it, anyone flying out should leave a texags message on the car and post the pic here.
Buck Compton
AG
Honestly. Maine plates in Austin? Maybe a rental car got parked incorrectly?

Or snowbirds left it, went back to the northeast and died. Wouldn't be a bad parking rate if you "accidentally" lose your ticket after parking it there for a few months. They just happened to bite it while up north or something.

I'm sure one of the local PIs could run it and get a result pretty quickly and find the story.
BMach
AG
oragator said:

Wife called the airport, they didn't give a **** and hung up on her to take another call.
BMach
AG
AggieOO said:

i'm parked on level 2 right now. gonna have to find this car on thurs when i fly back. i'm parked in that garaged at least a couple times a month, and i've not seen it.

It's near the dead center of the level
AW 1880
AG
Similar situation with a car on Level 2 of Garage C at Love field.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Could be related to the Tx State kid that went missing.

We just don't know.
BrazosDog02
AG
I have...."a friend" that can make that care drive out under it's own power. I know they call that stealing, but clearly that guy doesn't need it.

I have always wanted to have abandoned cars like that, and the ones i see on the road, picked up and towed to my place. I figure I could just file for a lost title at that point. Probably have to do something about the VIN, but that fix is only one pick a part trip away.

Is there any reason you couldn't just pick it up? If I turned it into a ranch vehicle, it would never see the road again and no one would ever be able to locate it.

In the case of the OP, there's definitely a body in the trunk.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Could be related to the Tx State kid that went missing.

We just don't know.

How on earth could you possibly make that leap?
I mean, they found that kids car.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Anyway, somebody needs to go write "I wish my wife was this dirty" somewhere on it.
AgResearch
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I have...."a friend" that can make that care drive out under it's own power. I know they call that stealing, but clearly that guy doesn't need it.

I have always wanted to have abandoned cars like that, and the ones i see on the road, picked up and towed to my place. I figure I could just file for a lost title at that point. Probably have to do something about the VIN, but that fix is only one pick a part trip away.

Is there any reason you couldn't just pick it up? If I turned it into a ranch vehicle, it would never see the road again and no one would ever be able to locate it.

"You boys like Mexico!!!!"
iamtheglove
AW 1880 said:

Similar situation with a car on Level 2 of Garage C at Love field.
www.abandonedcarsatairports.com could be yours……..
UnderoosAg
AG
Texasindirectauto.com
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Traveling Christmas day, yuck. Especially that Christmas day before the big winter storm.
BMach
AG
Maine state police didn't care either.
pdc093
AggieOO said:

and while we are having fun with it, anyone flying out should leave a texags message on the car and post the pic here.

That's sick. But, clever as hell.
Build It
AG
Has anyone run the plate?

Paging our local PI.
combat wombat™
AG
Build It said:

Has anyone run the plate?

Paging our local PI.

Maybe some UT student from Maine had to fly home during all this COVID nonsense and never made it back?
txyaloo
AG
AggieOO said:

Orrr maybe leave other people's property alone? I'd be ticked if I had a legit reason to leave my car at the airport for an extended period only to come back with **** written all over it
NoahAg
txyaloo said:

AggieOO said:

Orrr maybe leave other people's property alone? I'd be ticked if I had a legit reason to leave my car at the airport for an extended period only to come back with **** written all over it
I bet you're a blast a parties.

On another note I bet the Cohen Brothers could make a heck of a movie using this car/its owner and the events surrounding it as the centerpiece. If i was more creative I'd write a screenplay.
Centerpole90
AG
Has anyone checked with Reggie Hammond??
AgGrad99
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Or a million dollars in cash hidden under the seat...only one way to find out!
B-1 83
AG
Probably a briefcase full of money in the trunk while the owner sits out a short prison sentence.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Aggietaco
AG
Worst part is the deceased DB parked on the damn line.
rlb28
AG
I have a friend who owns a used car lot and they put a GPS on cars that aren't paid off.

He's had two that were abandoned at an airport after only the down payment was made. Makes you think something criminal going on, huh?

He had/has another that was driven to Minnesota from Texas (the contract says that's a no-no), so he had a tow truck driver try to go get it. It was evidently in the garage with a boat sitting in front of the garage door. He checked back in with the tow truck driver for a year, then wrote it off as a loss (GPS still shows it's at the house).
SPF250
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Youth is wasted on the wrong people, don't you think?
txyaloo
AG
NoahAg said:

txyaloo said:

AggieOO said:

I bet you're a blast a parties.

I just don't like having my cars screwed with and in turn respect other people's property. I know it's just writing in the dust, but it's still not my car to do that to.
Animal
AG
Car is registered to Thomas Herman III....
HartWorm93
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Great reference. I believe the car belongs to Luther.
FSGuide
The registered owner of the car seems to be alive & well after the dates written in the dust.
He started a business registered with the Secretary of State in Maine 8/18/2022 and I see a post on his FB from Feb of this year with sonogram pics talking about his soon to be born kid
-------------------------------------------------------
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.