Outdoors
Sponsored by

Abandoned Car at ABIA

112,635 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by ShouldastayedataTm
good nuggets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need an update here
Texmid
AG
Where might someone obtain a TexAgs Outdoor Board sticker? I'll be flying out of ABIA in two weeks.
txags92
AG
Are we sure this was not related?

Deceased person found in Austin airport garage, police say (statesman.com)
trouble
AG
I can see if I have an extra.
AggieOO
txags92 said:

only if they removed the body and then just left the car. i addressed this on the previous page when it was brought up.
txags92
AG
AggieOO said:

txags92 said:

only if they removed the body and then just left the car. i addressed this on the previous page when it was brought up.
Sorry, I missed the previous posting of it.
CashinOut
AG
So finally got around to calling the phone number. The owner answered and was surprised to find out it was there. His ex-fiance stole the car and he didn't know where she left it. Sent him the thread link and hopefully he can hop on and give his version of the story and we'll have a new OB member.
AgGrad99
AG
I hope he logs on. I need more details.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Damn, just like the meme!
Burdizzo
AG
CashinOut said:

So finally got around to calling the phone number. The owner answered and was surprised to find out it was there. His ex-fiance stole the car and he didn't know where she left it. Sent him the thread link and hopefully he can hop on and give his version of the story and we'll have a new OB member.

Wonder if he actually reported it stolen.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
FSGuide said:

The registered owner of the car seems to be alive & well after the dates written in the dust.
He started a business registered with the Secretary of State in Maine 8/18/2022 and I see a post on his FB from Feb of this year with sonogram pics talking about his soon to be born kid
Maybe this is why the fiance left?
BMach
AG
Burdizzo said:

CashinOut said:

Wonder if he actually reported it stolen.

Yeah, the cops I spoke to said it wasn't stolen
trouble
AG
Maybe he only reported it in Maine?
BMach
AG
trouble said:

Maybe he only reported it in Maine?

My wife called Maine state police
HondaOwner
First off you Guys are awesome! Been trying to track this down for 2 years plus. Bought for my fianc in my name, 50 days before our wedding found out she was cheating on me. So that was the end of our life together. Made an agreement verbally that if she stayed in maine and payed for the car she could keep it. Well that didn't last long and she took off to Texas. I unfortunately couldn't pay for a house and 2 vehicles at the time. So I actually ended up losing the car to the bank so between me and the bank we've been searching for it. I did call Maine and Texas state police for help. But was told it was a civil matter at that point even though nothing was in her name. So I got screwed long story short. So if anyone can be of any help that would be great. Feel free to ask questions and what not. I'll have to get ahold of the bank. Maybe state police again and the airport and try to get this thing out of there.
SPF250
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup!
1872walker
Welcome. And now let me tell you about Rule 1…..
BMach
AG
HondaOwner said:

First off you Guys are awesome! Been trying to track this down for 2 years plus. Bought for my fianc in my name, 50 days before our wedding found out she was cheating on me. So that was the end of our life together. Made an agreement verbally that if she stayed in maine and payed for the car she could keep it. Well that didn't last long and she took off to Texas. I unfortunately couldn't pay for a house and 2 vehicles at the time. So I actually ended up losing the car to the bank so between me and the bank we've been searching for it. I did call Maine and Texas state police for help. But was told it was a civil matter at that point even though nothing was in her name. So I got screwed long story short. So if anyone can be of any help that would be great. Feel free to ask questions and what not. I'll have to get ahold of the bank. Maybe state police again and the airport and try to get this thing out of there.

Haha thanks for coming on and filling in the gaps!
EMY92
AG
I can relate, somewhere there is a 1997 F-150 that is/was mine that my ex-wife took off with. The difference is that I paid it off before we were married. I have not seen it in almost 18 years, so I am not expecting to ever see it again.
ta ta toothy
AG
This will end up being on the list of legendary TexAgs threads.
BMach
AG
The most ridiculous part of this whole story is that law enforcement could've taken care of this long ago if someone would've gave a damn.
tsuag10
AG
This. Is. Awesome.

FTAG 2000
Texmid
AG
I wonder if she left it there out of spite like the meme I posted on page 3? Or did she find someone else's life to ruin and flew off to meet them, leaving the car in Austin?

ETA: If HondaOwner posts her name and follows Rule 1 the Outdoors Board can track her down in a matter of minutes.
SteveBott
AG
This thread delivers like OB can.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Burdizzo
AG
BMach said:

The most ridiculous part of this whole story is that law enforcement could've taken care of this long ago if someone would've gave a damn.

The car was not reported stolen. That is a big reason the cops didn't give a damn.

Friend of mine had his daughter ghost him and run off with a sketchy dude. She took the car that they had given her but never transferred the title. The cops said they could not report it stolen if they were letting her drive it, but if they knew where it was and had the keys they had every right to go retrieve if it was in a public area (sketchy dude's driveway). They did that, and ghost daughter got pissed off. But there nothing she could do about it.

aggiez03
AG
Funny thing.

Opened this thread for the first time today when it was bumped to the top.

Feel like I just caught up on the last episode of a show that has been running for 2 years!

HondaOwner
The state police in maine and Texas didn't allow me to file a stolen vehicle report. They said it was a civil matter
BMach
AG
oragator said:

Did you report it to the airport authority?
They could solve it in a few minutes probably.

Since the cops wouldn't do anything since it wasn't stolen, someone at the airport probably could have. Especially since the parking bill has to be outrageous.
BigHead 04
AG
So who's going to offer to drive this thing to Maine for the newest OB'er???
Could make for a hell of a road trip and story
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
1872walker
BigHead 04 said:

So who's going to offer to drive this thing to Maine for the newest OB'er???
Could make for a hell of a road trip and story

Maybe HondaOwner is an old rodeo cowboy
HondaOwner
I just found out today in a phone call that it was there
txags92
AG
I would try reaching out to the Travis County DA's office to see if they could help.
HondaOwner
Will do I appreciate that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.