Outdoors
Sponsored by

Abandoned Car at ABIA

114,224 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by ShouldastayedataTm
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FREE CAR!
Wodanaz
AG
FSGuide said:

The registered owner of the car seems to be alive & well after the dates written in the dust.
He started a business registered with the Secretary of State in Maine 8/18/2022 and I see a post on his FB from Feb of this year with sonogram pics talking about his soon to be born kid

Did you send him a FB message inquiring about the car?
tsuag10
AG
How do you forget about a car you left in Texas? At what point does the car become property of ABIA if he is holding the title? Why hasn't ABIA impounded it and auctioned it yet?

So many questions….
Max06
AG
There's an RV at Airport Security Park in San Antonio that's been there a long time too. I can only imagine what the parking bill is on that.

I wonder if they go thru an abandonment/mechanic's lien process and eventually obtain ownership?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Wodanaz said:

FSGuide said:

The registered owner of the car seems to be alive & well after the dates written in the dust.
He started a business registered with the Secretary of State in Maine 8/18/2022 and I see a post on his FB from Feb of this year with sonogram pics talking about his soon to be born kid
Did you send him a FB message inquiring about the car?
Yeah ask him about the car and update us.
O.G.
Will be passing through there in the next few weeks, most likely. Will have to sign it as well.
AtlAg05
AG
How will that message go?

Excuse me sir, did you happen to forget your vehicle in Texas? A bunch of random guys are having a debate on a message board and we need answers to this mystery!

Signed, TexAgs OB
combat wombat™
AG
Make him an offer. He probably love to sell it.
JKAG10
AG
combat wombat said:

Make him an offer. He probably love to sell it.

Unless he needs it to visit his other family in Austin
Wodanaz
AG
AtlAg05 said:

How will that message go?

Excuse me sir, did you happen to forget your vehicle in Texas? A bunch of random guys are having a debate on a message board and we need answers to this mystery!

Signed, TexAgs OB

That's pretty much exactly how it should go. I'd even toss in the link to this thread.
combat wombat™
AG
Sure. Let's assume the guy is nuts and likes throwing away money on parking.
mAgnoliAg
AG
In
Buck Compton
AG
combat wombat said:

You don't throw money away constantly, you just pay the maximum (claim you lost your ticket).
Baron von Bulsh
txyaloo said:

NoahAg said:

txyaloo said:

AggieOO said:

and while we are having fun with it, anyone flying out should leave a texags message on the car and post the pic here.
Orrr maybe leave other people's property alone? I'd be ticked if I had a legit reason to leave my car at the airport for an extended period only to come back with **** written all over it
I bet you're a blast a parties.

I just don't like having my cars screwed with and in turn respect other people's property. I know it's just writing in the dust, but it's still not my car to do that to.

Could have been worse
CTGilley
AG
Send me the space number. I work with ABIA. They never tow anyone. I can have it looked into.
UnderoosAg
AG
Buck Compton said:

combat wombat said:

You don't throw money away constantly, you just pay the maximum (claim you lost your ticket).

The owner started a business, so he is either savy or a front and criminal. If he's a criminal, there's a dead hooker in the trunk. If savy, what better way to have secure storage of a car you need a few times a year. Max lost ticket rate should be less than rent car for a few days. AAA if it don't start. Drive around then park it again and fly home.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This may be a perfectly good vehicle. You might put a jump box on it and it start right up. Been stored inside for the past few years. So you got that going for you which is nice. Somebody call and make an offer. As is, where is. Taking into account the fact the airport has got an undefined of interest in the vehicle by way of parking owed. Hell, the vehicle may be worthless at this point. The parking fees might exceed the value of the vehicle.

You'd have the wrecker driver trying to go through the toll booth with $17, 000 of parking fees . Who really knows how they handle it. Airport might make some concession on the fees just to get it gone from the garage without a bunch of extra paperwork
EMY92
AG
I'm not sure what the parking cost is per day in that garage, but even a low guess of $10/day for 700 days is a big parking bill. It's likely not work retrieving the car based on what the parking costs will be.
BMach
AG
EMY92 said:

I'm not sure what the parking cost is per day in that garage, but even a low guess of $10/day for 700 days is a big parking bill. It's likely not work retrieving the car based on what the parking costs will be.

Was $17 a day, just went to $19
BMach
AG
CTGilley said:

Send me the space number. I work with ABIA. They never tow anyone. I can have it looked into.

I fly home Friday, will get it then
texag_89
"Leave 'er runnin', I'll be right back…."

DB Cooper

(Obligatory Todd Snider song inserted here)
Tx95Ag
AG
Baron von Bulsh said:

txyaloo said:

NoahAg said:

txyaloo said:

AggieOO said:

and while we are having fun with it, anyone flying out should leave a texags message on the car and post the pic here.
Orrr maybe leave other people's property alone? I'd be ticked if I had a legit reason to leave my car at the airport for an extended period only to come back with **** written all over it

I just don't like having my cars screwed with and in turn respect other people's property. I know it's just writing in the dust, but it's still not my car to do that to.

Could have been worse

Worse for who?
1990AG
AG
txyaloo said:

NoahAg said:

txyaloo said:

AggieOO said:

Most posts lately on the Nerdery, Politics and Auto boards....check....

Ag_07
AG
Threads like this are why I TexAg

And FWIW this is already more exciting than a Giddings going live thread.
1975AggieD
Possibly Tom Herman's rental when he left town.
trip98
AG
somebody beat you to that on page 1 already
Potcake
AG
It wasn't this car but there was another one about 6-7 years ago on first level, prior to all the new garages, that was dusty as hell and I saw it a lot. I wonder if these people go on a trip and die, get arrested, or just say F it, I ain't going back.
87Flyfisher
AG
"Where I left the car that I can't find but I still got the keys to………" Ryan Adams
Kenneth_2003
AG
EMY92 said:

700 Days???
Oldest date I saw on the car was early Sept 2022 so ~240 days?
Kenneth_2003
AG
GarlandAg2012
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I have...."a friend" that can make that care drive out under it's own power. I know they call that stealing, but clearly that guy doesn't need it.

I have always wanted to have abandoned cars like that, and the ones i see on the road, picked up and towed to my place. I figure I could just file for a lost title at that point. Probably have to do something about the VIN, but that fix is only one pick a part trip away.

Is there any reason you couldn't just pick it up? If I turned it into a ranch vehicle, it would never see the road again and no one would ever be able to locate it.

In the case of the OP, there's definitely a body in the trunk.
Anyone else find this post kinda weird? "I've always wanted to take things that aren't mine because I could get away with it and I don't feel guilty about it"
rilloaggie
AG
texag_89 said:

"Leave 'er runnin', I'll be right back…."

DB Cooper

(Obligatory Todd Snider song inserted here)

Definitely not from DB Cooper! I can't place it in any of his songs come to think!
Burdizzo
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

Anyway, somebody needs to go write "I wish my wife was this dirty" somewhere on it.

And I would write, "She is when I see her." Under it.
EMY92
AG
I assume it had been there for a good while prior to dates added.
Texmid
AG
That car is doomed. I sent an email to ABIA asking what happens if I lose my ticket. This was the response:

Once you push the service call button on the kiosk machine an attendant will look up your license plate information and give you the amount.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.