Outdoors
Sponsored by

Natl Park disappearance: Gabby Petito

117,683 Views | 756 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CSTXAg92
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Possibly, if what is being reported is true regarding the parents identifying this spot last night and informing the cops before going out there. Might have done it last night.

But it could be bad reporting. Possible he's been dead all along, the cops called them out there to identify some of his items, and this story is jacked
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
FincAg said:

Quote:

Chris and Roberta Laundrie, the parents of fugitive Brian Laundrie, ventured into Florida's Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park early Wednesday morning, where Fox News Digital saw an officer apparently tell parents that law enforcement "might have found something."

Steven Bertolino, who represents the Laundrie family, confirmed to Fox News Digital that the Laundries informed law enforcement last night of their intentions to search the park and met officers there. Bertolino confirmed that while searching areas that Brian frequented, "some articles belonging to Brian were found."

Officers are now conducting a more thorough search of the area, Bertolino said. A spokesperson for the Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that the office was called to the Myakkahatchee on Wednesday, but would not say anything more.

The Laundries, who have claimed their son went to Myakkahatchee on Sept. 13, the day he was last seen, left their North Port home just before 7:15 a.m. local time for the environmental park, where two men in hiking gear including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was then closed to media and the public.
Am I reading this right. The parents informed the police they wanted to look in the park. They left his morning with police tailing them. Now all of a sudden they find something.

So the parents knew exactly where to look and waiting a month?
Journalism is so terrible now. That is word salad mixed with a dressing of confusion.
azul_rain
What a CF
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
SteveBott
AG
Another local report

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/brian-laundrie-police-block-entrance-of-myakkahatchee-creek-environmental-park-again-as-search-continues/?fbclid=IwAR0DCSpoJ0Un9Dro7DaU1iINoyEFA_DRlpJmZIepiOPZEmuJq3BgwbZTqdM
SPSAg05
AG
Partial human remains found.

trouble
AG
Yeah, I'm not trusting the parents at all at this point.
azul_rain
It sounds like these remains have been out there for a while. Which brings me to my question of why now did the parents go out and search? Unless he sent some pre timed envelope in the mail to them, or he just committed suicide recently no reason they should be out there immediately
DannyDuberstein
AG
If the remains are dated, I'm betting on the above being crappy reporting
Robert C. Christian
AG
Interesting tidbit from the article. Could explain why the parents went there ahead of police (search the area themselves).
Quote:

The park, which reopened to the public on Tuesday after being closed for nearly a month, saw a large law enforcement presence on Wednesday. North Port police blocked off both entrances. They told WFLA's Allyson Henning the park was closed, but did not share any further details. North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor would only tell Henning "the search continues."
azul_rain
This tells me they knew he where he was
AgEng06
AG
Maybe the parents offed him for sullying their good name.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thanks, this live link is interesting. Yellow police tape being put out.
Sully Dog
SPSAg05 said:

Partial human remains found.

Like I said, gators and catfish
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
dsvogel05
AG
Maybe, but wouldn't that make the parents an accessory?
John Cocktolstoy
I think the phone that was purchased and turned over to police is what has helped, he had to of texted or called a location, how else do they just go to the spot.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
proc
AG
Let's see...

His parents told the police that was a favorite spot of his
Some of his personal items are found there
Some partial remains were found there
The Medical Examiner has been called to that location.

I'm no genius, but it looks like this story is over.
Caliber
AG
FBI news conference at 4:30pm Eastern time.
John Cocktolstoy
Now we can turn our efforts over to the missing Texas State kid right?
azul_rain
Damn this case had potential, I was hoping the FBI found him holed up in come cabin in a standoff plus the trial would have been great
BSD
AG
I guess he wasn't so much a survivalist, after all.
azul_rain
Nope his dead body was playing a good dame of hide and seek
SPSAg05
AG
Apparently the personal items and the remains were in a part of the preserve that has been underwater and inaccessible for the past few weeks.
texasaggie2015
AG
John Cocktolstoy said:

Now we can turn our efforts over to the missing Texas State kid right?
This. That's one story I just can't get over.
John Cocktolstoy
I wish some hot gun toting chick would have found him and put a bullet in his head as he came after her while her go pro recorded it all!
John Cocktolstoy
And I hope the Texas State kid has been abducted by some hot gun toting chick and they have a go pro and a adult site.
azul_rain
Background?
FincAg
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3179769/1
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
So since the end of this tale is near, name your hunch.

Been ded for over 2-3 weeks, they suspected the area, but found him/his stuff on a second scan when the water went down?
texasaggie2015
AG
Died of COVID.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Im trying to figure out, he went in and possibly himself and then it flooded?

Curious what will be in the notebook. Also, wonder if he told his family what actually happened between him and Gabby.
FincAg
AG
The parents went out yesterday or the day before for cases of water, the bank, and the ATT store. I wonder if they needed the store to track another cell signal. Or maybe they've known the location the entire time.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
proc said:

Let's see...

His parents told the police that was a favorite spot of his
Some of his personal items are found there
Some partial remains were found there
The Medical Examiner has been called to that location.

I'm no genius, but it looks like this story is over.

He placed some belongings there, parents leaked the location to investigators, he snuck a body out of the morgue and hightailed to South America
Ol_Ag_02
AG
His parents have clearly known where he was this whole time.

We're gonna go look randomly tomorrow morning. Ho hum, here he is officers. What a coincidence.

Look, I realize that their kid is most likely dead too, but if it can be proved that they are guilty of a crime in this situation (honestly not sure if anything they did was criminal) they need to pay.
Keegan99
AG
If you wanna go conspiracy theory...

Personal effects were planted there weeks ago. Parents wait and lead officials there, and officials are left to assume he's dead and nature got the body.

Of course, if there were actual remains found, as some outlets reported, this theory doesn't hold water.
RK
AG
it does, you just have to think a little darker...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.