Outdoors
Sponsored by

Natl Park disappearance: Gabby Petito

117,244 Views | 756 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CSTXAg92
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone following this story?

Fianc drives home without his girl, hires lawyer, doesn't talk.

This don't look good.
AgResearch
AG
Only way he gets away with it is not talking and hope they don't find her body. Yes, I'm jumping to the conclusion that she's no longer living.

Disgusting.
AggieStan
another thread going already
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
just another distraction... go to the big news websites and this has replaced Afghanistan across the board. Sad story, but more smoke and mirrors....
atmdds03
AG
Link? I'm not seeing it.
TikkaShooter
I see your new to the 24hr news cycle. Welcome.
rootube
AG
atmdds03 said:

Link? I'm not seeing it.

Just google the name above, there is a ton of disturbing video that will make you want to find the boyfriend and kick the S*** out of him.
AgsMnn
AG
Thread on the GB.

Has some other links and video.
SteveBott
AG
As a friend commented this story is media catnip. It's got everything.

Missing person
Cute young girl
Obvious suspect
Probable violent crime

Etc
atmdds03
AG
Thanks. The post made it appear as if there was already a thread on the OB and I wasn't seeing it. I'll check out the GB.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Architelico said:

just another distraction... go to the big news websites and this has replaced Afghanistan across the board. Sad story, but more smoke and mirrors....

This ought to hit all points from news cycle to conspiracy theories !
SquanchyAg
interesting story and sad for sure. saw that the police are saying there might be a connection to the newlywed couple that was murdered up there a couple of weeks ago. apparently those 2 girls worked at the store that the fiancee and the missing girl had the argument outside of.
76Ag
AG
"Newlywed couple"? Really???
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I mean you may not like it but they were married, at least in accordance with the law of the land.

I haven't seen any shady videos of the boyfriend, only one I saw was the police body cam where she admitted she hit him.

I realize he probably killed her. I also think there's a chance they argued she got mad and stormed off into the wilderness and got lost. He left and once he realized she never returned to civilization got real quiet about it.

Either way he's a piece of crap but not sure that if the second option happened that he's guilty of a crime. Fortunately we have the fifth amendment in this country, it's not always pretty but it's there for a reason.

Really hoping I'm completely wrong and she's hiding out somewhere playing gone girl.
InfantryAg
AG
Seeing the body-cam video from the cop, it was obvious she was a little unstable. Apparently she had scratched up his face while he was driving, and yanked the steering wheel while he was getting pulled over.

They probably got into an argument, then a fight, she may have even started it. He likely killed her while not intending to. Probably panicked and who knows what from there.
Furlock Bones
AG
InfantryAg said:

Seeing the body-cam video from the cop, it was obvious she was a little unstable. Apparently she had scratched up his face while he was driving, and yanked the steering wheel while he was getting pulled over.

They probably got into an argument, then a fight, she may have even started it. He likely killed her while not intending to. Probably panicked and who knows what from there.

I don't think there is any doubt she was unstable. My bet is that she was a serial abuser. But they were childhood sweethearts and he never knew any different.

My guess is she is dead and he is culpable in some way.
flashplayer
AG
If you can convince yourself to watch that body cam video, which I highly suggest you not do because you will never get that hour of your life back, you will plainly see that this chick is BSC and psychopathic herself.

Boyfriend is either the best poker player since Ted Bundy, or he had absolutely nothing to do with her demise as he's a fruitcake pushover. Other than being van trash, he's pretty calm and grounded.

If you locked me in a small area with her, one of us would be dead within a short period of time. BSC.
SteveBott
AG
Per another forum police are searching the BF home now
P.H. Dexippus
AG
The face of crazy
AggieDruggist89
AG
Police met with boys family. Will have a statement
SteveBott
AG
https://abcnews.go.com/US/location-brian-laundrie-boyfriend-missing-22-year-gabby/story?id=80090573&fbclid=IwAR295WjskZIdKdhYEIAOY0ka4mD_1eRBHo9Vuk1uDxaLs1SMVPrfjKiFqAA

BF left
Mas89
AG
flashplayer said:

If you can convince yourself to watch that body cam video, which I highly suggest you not do because you will never get that hour of your life back, you will plainly see that this chick is BSC and psychopathic herself.

Boyfriend is either the best poker player since Ted Bundy, or he had absolutely nothing to do with her demise as he's a fruitcake pushover. Other than being van trash, he's pretty calm and grounded.

If you locked me in a small area with her, one of us would be dead within a short period of time. BSC.
I only watched a few minutes of the boyfriend telling the cops how he got the scratches on his face, head and eye. Regardless of how passive he seems, or his nervous laugh, I'm betting he strangled her with both hands while she was scratching him.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Boy disappeared
JRizzle
AG
I live close to the Tetons. Will update the board as I find clues...

Talon2DSO
AG
I'm of the opinion that he likely left her alive and went home. Had he killed her, he would also be in hiding or in Mexico or Canada. Seems odd that he would go where he could be found quick.
OldArmy71
AG
InfantryAg
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I'm of the opinion that he likely left her alive and went home. Had he killed her, he would also be in hiding or in Mexico or Canada. Seems odd that he would go where he could be found quick.
If he had just left her somewhere, he would have told the cops. Nothing to lose then, unless he left her in the middle of nowhere, with no water etc.
SteveBott
AG
The BF is 22-23? Not the best age yo make rational decisions under stress
SquanchyAg
76Ag said:

"Newlywed couple"? Really???
no clue what point you are trying to make. so can you please explain your comment so I can reply in-kind?
Sully Dog
TikkaShooter said:

I see your new to the 24hr news cycle. Welcome.
There was plenty of new news out of Afgahnistan including video of American's being shoved into the trunks of cars. Somehow that didn't make the news.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Sully Dog
I'm going to give another plausable explaination. Petito was emotionally unstable and killed herself. Laudrie just lawyered up thinking that he would be a suspect.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
HTownAg98
Sully Dog said:

I'm going to give another plausable explaination. Petito was emotionally unstable and killed herself. Laudrie just lawyered up thinking that he would be a suspect.

This is why you never ever talk to the police. In a high profile case like this, the police are looking for closure, not necessarily the truth of what actually happened. Anything he says will be used against him. It may make him look terrible, but it's keeping him out of jail for now.
SharkinAg
AG
Now the boyfriend disappeared too.
flashplayer
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Sully Dog said:

This is why you never ever talk to the police. In a high profile case like this, the police are looking for closure, not necessarily the truth of what actually happened. Anything he says will be used against him. It may make him look terrible, but it's keeping him out of jail for now.

Yep. The only idiot that would talk to them right now is one who wants to go down for murder regardless of what happened. I also think he may have gone into hiding for his own protection.

He has no lawful obligation to just hang around waiting for the cops to come try and question him daily. They can get an arrest warrant or subpoena if he needs to appear and he can comply and appear at that time.

On the other hand, he could be just as crazy as her.
HTownAg98
SharkinAg said:

Now the boyfriend disappeared too.

If I had morans like this outside my house, I'd leave too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.