Outdoors
Sponsored by

Natl Park disappearance: Gabby Petito

117,420 Views | 756 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CSTXAg92
Sully Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UhOhNoAgTag said:

This is what I think too. He probably called them on his way home and they had time to get things squared away.
Has anyone actually even seen him in Florida? I wonder if even came all the way home or if he switched cars with someone and didn't even come back home.

He could have had a friend of family member drive the van while he was hitch hiking to Oregon to get a job on a pot farm.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
MsDoubleD81
AG
The neighbors saw him. He came home in Gabby`s van.
azul_rain
I'm leaning to him being at the bottom of a swamp
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
EskimoJoe
hedge said:

I think we can all agree dumbo here isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. With that being said he couldn't make it out of the country now. He had his window of opportunity he either took it or didn't

the hard part is figuring out what to do once you get out
AggieArchitect04
AG
His family and him plotted and schemed getting him out of the country (or far away) during this bull**** family camping trip.

Dude has disappeared.
Stat Monitor Repairman
If your survival plan involves going to a swamp, you've already failed and you might as well turn yourself in now.
SteveBott
AG
It looks like he didn't go to the swamp.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Maybe this was some sort of Youtube stunt gone wrong?
agcivengineer
AG
Before the warrant, would it be illegal in some way for his parents to give him a ton of cash?

Or give him a car to run away with?
Talon2DSO
AG
agcivengineer said:

Before the warrant, would it be illegal in some way for his parents to give him a ton of cash?

Yes it would be. It's attached to the crime, not the warrant.
Caliber
AG
Talon2DSO said:

agcivengineer said:

Wouldn't It really depend on what they reasonably knew at the time they actually gave the cash?

If he comes homes and says, Gabby and I broke up, she said take the van home and she'll fly back later. Can you loan me money to buy a new car since the van is hers? Pretty reasonable early on and would be hard to refute in court short of Brian testifying otherwise. I think it would be hard to find the guilty of aiding at that point.

Now, if they were giving money after Gabby officially is missing and especially after her body is found, completely different.

He was home for 10 days before Gabby was officially reported missing and then more than another week before he body is found.

There is a lot of time for planning in that time period one way or another. Lots of speculation on what people think happened but not much evidence to support anything one way or another.
Talon2DSO
AG
Brad06ag said:

Talon2DSO said:

agcivengineer said:

Wouldn't It really depend on what they reasonably knew at the time they actually gave the cash?

If he comes homes and says, Gabby and I broke up, she said take the van home and she'll fly back later. Can you loan me money to buy a new car since the van is hers? Pretty reasonable early on and would be hard to refute in court short of Brian testifying otherwise. I think it would be hard to find the guilty of aiding at that point.

Now, if they were giving money after Gabby officially is missing and especially after her body is found, completely different.

He was home for 10 days before Gabby was officially reported missing and then more than another week before he body is found.

There is a lot of time for planning in that time period one way or another. Lots of speculation on what people think happened but not much evidence to support anything one way or another.

Yes, it would depend on what they reasonably knew at the time they helped him. If they had no idea what was going on, they could avoid an obstruction charge but that could be difficult considering the amount of news coverage there, it would be a difficult to prove they didn't.
Big Al 1992
AG
Rest easy … Dog is on the case.

AgsMnn
AG
I feel Dog is trying to get some publicity.
Caliber
AG
AgsMnn said:

Well, duh.

But with the FBI in charge, I would absolutely love for Dog to be able to be the one to come in and crack this wide open.
John Cocktolstoy
Tricks of the trade...you want someone like Dog helping.
Bird Poo
AG
I thought Dog died of cancer? Maybe that was his wife.
Caliber
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Brad06ag said:

Talon2DSO said:

agcivengineer said:

Yes, it would depend on what they reasonably knew at the time they helped him. If they had no idea what was going on, they could avoid an obstruction charge but that could be difficult considering the amount of news coverage there, it would be a difficult to prove they didn't.
When did the news coverage really hit? Was there anything before 9/11 when she was officially reported missing? I didn't hear about it before the 15th or 16th.... I can't see there being huge coverage for too much time before then that Brian couldn't have deflected.
John Cocktolstoy
Sounds to me like there will be a pickup by boat out there on one of those islands and then he tries to disappear in S. America.
tandy miller
AG
PearlJammin said:

I thought Dog died of cancer? Maybe that was his wife.

It was his wife
FJB
agcivengineer
AG
Brad06ag said:

Talon2DSO said:

Brad06ag said:

Talon2DSO said:

agcivengineer said:

When did the news coverage really hit? Was there anything before 9/11 when she was officially reported missing? I didn't hear about it before the 15th or 16th.... I can't see there being huge coverage for too much time before then that Brian couldn't have deflected.

I was in Jackson Hole on Sept 11 - 13. I had no idea there was a missing female, nor any indication of police looking for someone. I vaguely remember it hitting the news sometime that week, maybe 13th or 14th, maybe as late as 15th.
Sully Dog
Brad06ag said:

AgsMnn said:

Well, duh.

But with the FBI in charge, I would absolutely love for Dog to be able to be the one to come in and crack this wide open.
If it embarassess the FBI I'm all for it.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
azul_rain
No updates ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
AgsMnn
AG
Can't believe that dude is still out there dead or alive.

Seeing the couple videos of him, I honestly did not think he had it in him to be this elusive.
John Cocktolstoy
He is not, he has had help from his parents.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
BSD
AG
And he had a two week head start.
TamuKid
AG
Burner phone purchase?

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/29/brian-laundrie-burner-phone-surveillance-video-missing-gabby-petito/
longeryak
John Cocktolstoy said:

They are searching for an experienced backpacker. He's got a lot of experience on the AT in TN, NC, and VA. Law enforcement is getting his photos plastered around in that area. Staying off the AT in National Forests isn't hard but he'll likely have to resupply if in there with winter coming to altitude in a few weeks.
longeryak
AggieArchitect04 said:

His family and him plotted and schemed getting him out of the country (or far away) during this bull**** family camping trip.

Dude has disappeared.
It is Florida, you don't need any elaborate plan to get someone on a boat out of view.
ratfacemcdougal
the Atlanta, abortion clinic guy was caught in the same area
MsDoubleD81
AG
I would have purchased it on the drive back to Florida at someplace with self checkout and paid cash. Along with a prepaid card. But knowing him, he probably would have used Gabbys debit card.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Sully Dog said:

ETA: BTW, the irony here is that hollywood literally made a movie about this exact topic on this exact reservation. It was called Wind River.

Great movie. Excellent use of Marlin 1895 45/70 rifle.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
AggieChemist
AG
longeryak said:

John Cocktolstoy said:

They are searching for an experienced backpacker. He's got a lot of experience on the AT in TN, NC, and VA. Law enforcement is getting his photos plastered around in that area. Staying off the AT in National Forests isn't hard but he'll likely have to resupply if in there with winter coming to altitude in a few weeks.

We are already hitting the low 40s overnight and we are just under 3000 feet
longeryak
AggieChemist said:

longeryak said:

John Cocktolstoy said:

We are already hitting the low 40s overnight and we are just under 3000 feet
I think Boone, NC has already hit 39F for overnight but it is at 3333' which would put the AT at a higher elevation.
I spent too long in the Midwest and no longer consider anything above 20F cold.
BlackLab
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.