Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****Official gun trading thread*****

1,093,543 Views | 5481 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by 88agswin
El Chupacabra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are ARs selling in TX? We had a gun show this weekend, all private sales, our table probably had 20 guns, half ARs. None sold...but one guy sold 3 old bolt 22s and 2 single shot rifles. He also sold an AK. But ARs, not even pistols, were selling.
RGRAg1/75
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Are ARs selling in TX? We had a gun show this weekend, all private sales, our table probably had 20 guns, half ARs. None sold...but one guy sold 3 old bolt 22s and 2 single shot rifles. He also sold an AK. But ARs, not even pistols, were selling.

Price was likely your issue. I doubt demand for a [fairly priced] AR has gone down in any particular geography.
Love Gun
The people that wanted/needed ARs already have them...and ammo. The novices that don't have them may not like the prices, OR they know they'd have a helluva time finding ammo to feed it right now.
DatTallArchitect
AG
When I am at w gun show, I might haggle if I see a gun I like that's a little overpriced. If it's way overpriced, the most you'll see me do is point it out to a buddy so we can laugh at the price once we've moved away
Daddy-O5
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

El Chupacabra said:

Price was likely your issue. I doubt demand for a [fairly priced] AR has gone down in any particular geography.
Agree, I haven't had many issues moving a few AR's recently. Even lightly used they're selling at reasonable prices. Moved a brand new one at my cost to build without any real issues.
El Chupacabra
J_Daddy05 said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

El Chupacabra said:

Agree, I haven't had many issues moving a few AR's recently. Even lightly used they're selling at reasonable prices. Moved a brand new one at my cost to build without any real issues.
What's a reasonable price?

There were idiots selling (trying to) dusty, crusty MP Sports and DPMS for $1500-1800...even the most ignorant wouldn't buy that. We were selling well maintained, extremely low round count PSAs , bushmaster, and home builds for $800 to start and didn't move any.
RGRAg1/75
AG
El Chupacabra said:

J_Daddy05 said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

El Chupacabra said:

What's a reasonable price?

There were idiots selling (trying to) dusty, crusty MP Sports and DPMS for $1500-1800...even the most ignorant wouldn't buy that. We were selling well maintained, extremely low round count PSAs , bushmaster, and home builds for $800 to start and didn't move any.

If you want to post some parts lists, I can give you my opinion, which is worth exactly what you're paying for it.
highvelocity
AG
do you own a storefront somewhere?
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
grbgolf
AG

Ruger GP100 - Stainless 6" with two speed loaders, extra grip and holster for sale - Crossposted from classifieds.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3194659/replies/59142167
El Chupacabra
highvelocity said:

do you own a storefront somewhere?
haha...nope. just a group of guys that wheel and deal gun crap.
grbgolf
AG
Fierce Fury in 6.5 Creedmoor and Ammo
Cross posted from Classifieds

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3195476/replies/59169101
Daddy-O5
AG
Location - Tomball
Email - jdlco2005 at gmail

6.8 SPC. Probably 750-1000 rounds through it. Built a new 6.8 pistol and this one is likely doomed to be a safe queen. Functions flawlessly just a few minor cosmetic blems. Coated by Kelso.

Wilson Combat Lower
AR Performance 16" Barrel
Lantac flat trigger

Asking $1500 (OBO - tough for me to gauge the fair value of this one), will include 1x15 round mag and a box of ammo (I'll give you the option of a couple of different brands).

I've got some mags and ammo that can be negotiated for beyond that.

Just zoom in for a better idea of the coat job, but it's a maroon and grey "tiger stripe" pattern.

Love Gun
Norinco 1911 with mags and ammo. Cross posted from Classifieds.

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3195978/replies/59185195#59185195
Dallasag517
AG
I'm interested in talking to anyone with a good 22-250, Colt Night Cobra, or a WWII K-98 7 mm.

Also, anyone who has a 22-250 and wants to brag about brand/performance and looks I'd love to hear about it.
Dallasag517
AG
I am very jealous of your work shop!!
harleyds2
AG
I have a Remington. 788 22-250 that I glass bedded. Will drive tacks
SquanchyAg
anyone have a ruger 10/22 they are looking to part ways with?
Dallasag517
AG
Maybe. I have never sold a gun but I might part with a 10/22. I do not know the market so I'm not sure if I would it would depend on price etc. I was going to PM but I don't see how to do that. Also, I'm limited to 10 posts right now so if I don't respond I likely spent my 10 lives for the 24 hour period.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Where are you located and how far you willing to drive?
Aggieangler93
AG
No more new calibers.....no more new calibers.....no more new calibers.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
cahoots
Do it. 6.8 is badass. Never had a hog or deer move more than 10 yds
beb08
AG
Dallasag517 said:

I'm interested in talking to anyone with a good 22-250, Colt Night Cobra, or a WWII K-98 7 mm.

Also, anyone who has a 22-250 and wants to brag about brand/performance and looks I'd love to hear about it.
I picked up a savage 12fv about a month ago. I havent had the luxury of shooting it much but from what I have done it seems to shoot pretty good. Heavy bull barrel, very light trigger, good weight to the gun. The cons would be its got most of the weight up front, the stock will need to be replaced or modified to get a proper cheek weld. Also they are usually on sale (except last year) on BF at cabelas.
highvelocity
AG
have a dan wesson wraith in 10mm i'm looking to trade if anyone is interested
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
cledus6150
AG
You cant be posting tempting things like that!!!!
highvelocity
AG
Already a nibble this morning!

www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
SquanchyAg
RGRAg1/75 said:

Where are you located and how far you willing to drive?

Houston and not far.
highvelocity
AG
Looking for a nightforce nx8 2.5-20 / savage ultralight as priority trades
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
jeremy360
Uberti 357mag Baby rolling block. Good condition. Just dont use it much.

https://taylorsfirearms.com/long-guns/single-shot-rifles/baby-rolling-block-carbine-357-mag.html

[url=https://ibb.co/RCcrLN3][/url]

Looking for a decked out 22 semi auto, or quality muzzleloader, or ???

Located near College Station. Jeremy86360 at gmail.
agsalaska
AG
That is a very cool gun
jeremy360
agsalaska said:

That is a very cool gun

https://taylorsfirearms.com/long-guns/single-shot-rifles/baby-rolling-block-carbine-357-mag.html

Thanks, they are tiny and very light. Hard to get scale from the pic. But check out the specs.
Dallasag517
AG
I will take a look at Savage. Thanks for the info!
TheEyeGuy
AG
Dallasag517 said:

I have a winchester model 70 coyote. I'd only be interested in trading. Personal deal not the store. Should have about 10 boxes of ammo for it as well.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
highvelocity
AG
selling my pulsar xp50 LRF if is anyone is interested. will come with a bobro engineering QD mount, pulsar mount, 1 extended battery and 1 standard battery. I lost the case for it somehow, has a little over 2 years left on the warranty.

just want to try something new. asking $5800 for everything.
www.txstrapco.com

www.bcafirearmstx.com
Daddy-O5
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

No more new calibers.....no more new calibers.....no more new calibers.
This is just crazy talk. You don't even have to drive all over Texas for ammo. I'm a one stop shop.
GSS
Charles Daly "made in Turkey" 12ga pump, Model 301 Tactical, but what makes it better/unique is it comes with three choke tubes (IC, M, F), making this 18-1/2" barrel unit much more versatile. The one I received today looks very well made, definitely not as smooth an action as say, an 870, but good enough...for under $200!
Charles Day 12ga pump
NRA Life
TSRA Life
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 157

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.