Outdoors
Sponsored by

Yellowstone TV Series

87,820 Views | 403 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by torrid
Centerpole90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just caught up on my DVR. Another great soundtrack for an episode (commenting on the music, not the storyline) - solid opening with Tyler Childers. Last of my Kind an episode ago; I think they've tapped my Spotify.
plowboy1065
S
Whoever is in charge of the music for the series is killing it with introducing the rest of the country to some amazing artist
Centerpole90
AG
Yessir.
Gunny456
AG
You are correct. Most all of us realize this is just BS entertainment. But sadly there are millions of folks who will believe this is how ranches are run.
So much BS it's pathetic. From the hunting scenes to the VET cutting Costner open.
I watch it to see what more bull they will come up with.
Old RV Ag
AG
Gunny456 said:

You are correct. Most all of us realize this is just BS entertainment. But sadly there are millions of folks who will believe this is how ranches are run.
So much BS it's pathetic. From the hunting scenes to the VET cutting Costner open.
Well, after this last episode, I'm sure a bunch of New Yorkers think I pay my guys to fart around and do nothing but practice sliding stops as they really are only paid to practice horse reining. I know Taylor was leading into his Last Cowboy series, but that went on way too long. And the "what does this have to do with Columbus?" scene, geez. But, the scenery is stunning, good laugh at vets operating on humans in a trailer, and the anticipation of what bull as you say they'll do next, etc., keep me watching.
proc
AG
My favorite ongoing joke is to tease my friends with livestock, about how they should be doing it since I have watched it on Yellowstone.
fightingfarmer09
Old RV Ag said:

Gunny456 said:

Well, after this last episode, I'm sure a bunch of New Yorkers think I pay my guys to fart around and do nothing but practice sliding stops as they really are only paid to practice horse reining. I know Taylor was leading into his Last Cowboy series, but that went on way too long. And the "what does this have to do with Columbus?" scene, geez. But, the scenery is stunning, good laugh at vets operating on humans in a trailer, and the anticipation of what bull as you say they'll do next, etc., keep me watching.

Watching them build fence made me cringe. Not a single wood post in the entire valley and a tiny brace despite all those hills. And it kinda weaves around with no particular reason.
htxag09
AG
Damn near every show and movie falls under this same category. It just hits home when it's your industry. Do you think lawyers watch tv dramas like Suits and think "wow, that's exactly how my life is"? Same for doctors watching medical dramas, athletes and agents when watching Ballers, military, the list goes on.

I'm in O&G, the few O&G based shows that become popular are full of fallacies. I shrug and watch the show. I'm watching for entertainment, not education. If it's entertaining, I watch, if it's not, I move on. If the fallacies are so egregious I can't watch the show, I move on.

tlh3842
AG
htxag09 said:

Damn near every show and movie falls under this same category. It just hits home when it's your industry. Do you think lawyers watch tv dramas like Suits and think "wow, that's exactly how my life is"? Same for doctors watching medical dramas, athletes and agents when watching Ballers, military, the list goes on.

I'm in O&G, the few O&G based shows that become popular are full of fallacies. I shrug and watch the show. I'm watching for entertainment, not education. If it's entertaining, I watch, if it's not, I move on. If the fallacies are so egregious I can't watch the show, I move on.

Was typing a reply to this point but I think you touched on it more kindly. I don't think there's ever been media created that was technically accurate in every way and also entertaining.
Thisguy1
plowboy1065 said:

Whoever is in charge of the music for the series is killing it with introducing the rest of the country to some amazing artist

It's a common theme with Sheridan's movies/shows.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
htxag09 said:

C.S.I. / Law and Order have done more to make my job miserable than most anything else.

Old RV Ag
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

htxag09 said:

C.S.I. / Law and Order have done more to make my job miserable than most anything else.

Now don't go ruin Law and Order for me! Haha.
Old RV Ag
AG
Thisguy1 said:

plowboy1065 said:

It's a common theme with Sheridan's movies/shows.
Yep. Hell or High Water was done superbly.
Tree Hugger
AG
Go get some mules.

What kind?

Mean ones.
mts6175
AG
tlh3842 said:

htxag09 said:

Was typing a reply to this point but I think you touched on it more kindly. I don't think there's ever been media created that was technically accurate in every way and also entertaining.
I agree, but I'll still argue that the writer and director for Sicario and Sicario 2 didn't just make that story up....
water turkey
Maybe the best episode of the year last night. I liked the church hand job story
jpistolero02
I thought it was great as well. You just knew Rip was going to get there just in the nick of time. Looks like it's on now.
DUman08
AG
water turkey said:

Maybe the best episode of the year last night. I liked the church hand job story

I second that great episode.
aggielostinETX
AG
water turkey said:

"You look like his *****"

aggielostinETX
AG
jpistolero02 said:

I thought it was great as well. You just knew Rip was going to get there just in the nick of time. Looks like it's on now.
"We're gonna kill them"
ChipFTAC01
AG
I really laughed out loud at her insult. Beth was great in this episode.
strohag
AG
Beth was awesome
rhtexfish
AG
Best show on TV.

These next 3 episodes are going to be nuts.
Old RV Ag
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I really laughed out loud at her insult. Beth was great in this episode.
Her insults were great. Stabbing the guy in the neck rapidly near his carotid was incredible. She emasculated those two thugs even beaten and bloody.
ChipFTAC01
AG
She was so great that she didn't back down at all in their face but as soon as they were dead she broke down.
aggielostinETX
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

She was so great that she didn't back down at all in their face but as soon as they were dead she broke down.
Some serious character dev there, showing she's human underneath.
BrazosDog02
AG
Beth and Kacey are my faves.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Kacey at the end when his pop said they were going to kill the Becks has this real subtle head/eye roll that was hilarious.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Rip is by far my favorite
45-70Ag
AG
I'm really conflicted regarding Beth.

At times i think that would be a hell of a woman to know and other times i think, no way in hell would i want to know her.
Aggie_3
This show makes you realize how messed up you might be. The episode where Jamie killed the reporter all I could think while he was choking her out was geezus quit crying and just choke her out like Beth would
suburban cowboy
AG
Neal McDonough has become a great villain btw.
He was outstanding in Justified and definitely fits the part in Yellowstone.
Centerpole90
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Same. Followed by everyone in the bunkhouse and then Costner character. The kids are great characters - just more over-the-top than the others.
TheEyeGuy
AG
Centerpole90 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Same. Followed by everyone in the bunkhouse and then Costner character. The kids are great characters - just more over-the-top than the others.

They are over the top but... A lot of rich kids I knew growing up were also. It's a little heavy handed with it but not unforgivably so
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Centerpole90
AG
And that's why we watch. If it was a regular story of an every day ranch in Wyoming there wouldn't be much point to the show. Everything has to be pushed a little farther out to the edge to make it interesting-

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.