Outdoors
Sponsored by

Flying is outdoors

195,612 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by boredatwork08
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice. Memphis or Nashville?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Approach into runway 4 in Little Rock
CanyonAg77
AG
Totally missed it. Should have looked for the Clinton trailer park Presidential Library.

Favorite pilot always liked to go to Memphis, because all the guard guy instructors flying for FedEx knew the best restaurants
CharlieBrown17
AG

Never full stopped there but we flew over Memphis today as well
CanyonAg77
AG
Bunch of FedEx planes on the ramp.

And I was joking about the Clinton Library, but I'll be darned if that's not it in the lower right of your photo on the previous page.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Hey guys, I figured this would be a good place to post this for some like minded individuals. It's a really awesome program that started right after I graduated high school in my district and has spread a good bit over the last three years. The founder was a big mentor of mine that I still keep in contact with.

Over the course of a year the students build an RV-12 then fly it over the next year while building a second. Once the second is air worthy, the first is sold and the process repeats.

They're having a spring fundraiser and fly in at KGTU in April, I won't be able to make this years but I'm taking leave to make it next year. (Not in a C-17, Canyon ) but mostly throwing this out there because it's an awesome program, really close to me and pretty refreshing to see high schoolers get a chance like this.

https://www.tangoflight.org/

Edit : this year a reserved table and 8 tickets is 750 dollars, for planning purposes on if a group would be interested for next year.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I leave for Altus Thursday, how can I get in contact with you for some beer action?
falcon09
AG
CharlieBrown17
AG
Grabbed your email if you don't want to leave it up

I'll shoot you one at some point today
falcon09
AG
While I'm here...here are some pics from my "obs ride" last week. We ride along with a qualified crew to get a better sense of how everything flows on a normal flight. We got to see aerial refueling behind both a KC-135 and the new KC-46 and then did a low level in west TX.

Jets on the ramp, ready to go

Pre-contact behind the KC-135

Contact position with the KC-46

Low level
CanyonAg77
AG
Seen the KC-46 in the pattern at AMA the last few weeks. Massive bird. Still having problems, as I hear
PA24
AG
We need to a general aviation thread...l
CharlieBrown17
AG
Ubitag said:

We need to a general aviation thread...l

There's more of y'all than us!

I'd love to see some GA planes/pics

Or more crop dusters

Also Falcon email sent your way my man
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bump for some GA discussion

Have a serious plane crush on the DA-62. Don't see why it doesn't get more love, I know a lot of people think the light twin is a dinosaur but damn this seems like a winner to me.

Serious Lee
if i was interested in buying an ultralight and learning from scratch, is this the thread i should be reading?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Don't know how much learning happens on this thread, but welcome to the hangar water cooler
AnglerAg92
AG
Don't have the link, but if you google EAA forums + ultralight you'll find a ton of info on their site.
CenterHillAg
AG
I too am a fan of the DA62. I've never seen one in person but it has a neat look to it, and seems to perform fairly well. If I had the money to buy one, I'd buy a Beech 18 instead. We've been busy amongst all the virus craziness, what better way to practice social distancing than sitting in a single seat plane all day.

10 gal/ac herbicide work. Cats are slow but have a great spray pattern.

Watching a buddy work an Air Tractor 802, massive airplane but he said it's a great flier.

Tucked away for the night, ready to do it all over again the next day.
PA24
AG
I am doing Angel Flights and had one this week out of KSAT.

Erie quite, next week will fly out of Houston.

I want to post some pics, anyone advise best site for that?

PA24
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Bump for some GA discussion

Have a serious plane crush on the DA-62. Don't see why it doesn't get more love, I know a lot of people think the light twin is a dinosaur but damn this seems like a winner to me.

Too expense and not enough used ones on the market.

If I had the cash, that is the twin I would buy. Low fuel, fast, and sexy looking.
Justice Beaver
AG
IR178?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yeah they've only been on the market a couple years, I need their sales to grow some so I can buy a used one in 15-20 years
CaptnCarl
AG
Have you guys been doing missed approaches at KMAF? I've been seeing what looks like a KC-135 doing low level flight and missed approaches at KMAF a ton in the past few months.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I use Imgur to post pics on here
falcon09
AG
Justice Beaver:
IR154. It starts in the Lancer MOA between Lubbock and Abilene, turns north and ends up near Amarillo.

I did IR 178 a few times during the B-1 FTU when I was a WSO. Not a whole lot of reason to try an deconflict a C-17 doing 310 knots and a B-1 doing 540 knots when they can just do different low levels.

CaptnCarl:
I still just doing sims at the moment, so I'm not sure how much KMAF is being utilized. It is listed as a local transition base for Altus that doesn't require extra coordination to use. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Altus crews went there on a regular basis.
PA24
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Yeah they've only been on the market a couple years, I need their sales to grow some so I can buy a used one in 15-20 years
In 20 yrs., I will be in my late 80s and hope to be still flying if I am walking this earth.

I rebuilt a '65 PA24 260 hp.
120 gallons, 200mph @75%. 3 tanks a side, +7 hours of flight.
Garmin Glass panel.
I will post some pics

PA24
AG
PA24

CharlieBrown17
AG
Hell yeah that's a great plane

PA24 is honestly a more realistic and probably smart choice for me down the line

But damn I want a multi engine
Moy
Ubitag said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

In 20 yrs., I will be in my late 80s and hope to be still flying if I am walking this earth.

Garmin Glass panel.
I will post some pics

and 14.8 GPH! Nice!!!!
PA24
AG

In flight
Take off
PA24
AG
Moy said:

Ubitag said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Garmin Glass panel.
I will post some pics

and 14.8 GPH! Nice!!!!
Two different panel shots, different times .
Closer to 16 gal/ hr at 65%.
If I am at 75%/ 17 gal/hr.
Got to keep the IO540
PA24
AG
KSAT virus

Terminal A last Tuesday.

Erie the airport was so quite.
Moy
Ubitag said:

Moy said:

Ubitag said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Garmin Glass panel.
I will post some pics

and 14.8 GPH! Nice!!!!
Two different panel shots, different times .
Closer to 16 gal/ hr at 65%.
If I am at 75%/ 17 gal/hr.
Got to keep the IO540

Expert leaning either way!
Justice Beaver
AG
falcon09 said:

Justice Beaver:
IR154. It starts in the Lancer MOA between Lubbock and Abilene, turns north and ends up near Amarillo.

I did IR 178 a few times during the B-1 FTU when I was a WSO. Not a whole lot of reason to try an deconflict a C-17 doing 310 knots and a B-1 doing 540 knots when they can just do different low levels.

CaptnCarl:
I still just doing sims at the moment, so I'm not sure how much KMAF is being utilized. It is listed as a local transition base for Altus that doesn't require extra coordination to use. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Altus crews went there on a regular basis.
Ah, copy. Haven't flown 154 but I'm familiar with it.
What if I told you could have IR178 all to yourself whenever you wanted it now that we (B-1's) don't go low anymore?
falcon09
AG
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I absolutely loved my time in the Bone, but I'm not upset with my timing of leaving the community. I PCS'ed the fall after the first fleet-wide grounding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.