Outdoors
Sponsored by

Alone - Season 3

36,889 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BCO07
ENG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well crap
Thisguy1
So dumb. She suffered through the spider bites, just caught a fish, and decided she was done with her spiritual journey. Pretty annoying.
clintaggie04
AG
Wtf??? That was stupid.
Thisguy1
htxag09 said:

About halfway through this episode. Not a fan of the showing the boat and backtracking. Very odd and inconsistent with other episodes.

Also, had 0 idea dave had so much fish preserved. Impressive.

If he doesn't break a hip in that fall they previewed, he's set. I don't know why he hasn't been eating more as bad as he looks and feels. He looks terrible and is almost hard to watch as slow as he moves. He seems miserable.
htxag09
AG
Fully on the fowler train now.
treetop flyer
Idgaf I'm Dave. Put me down for a Dave win.
Bregxit
AG
Thisguy1 said:

htxag09 said:

About halfway through this episode. Not a fan of the showing the boat and backtracking. Very odd and inconsistent with other episodes.

If he doesn't break a hip in that fall they previewed, he's set. I don't know why he hasn't been eating more as bad as he looks and feels. He looks terrible and is almost hard to watch as slow as he moves. He seems miserable.

At 100 calories a day I don't think he will last much longer. He doesn't have too many more pounds to lose and he'll be dropping one every 2-3 days at that intake. He can't even string his bow now. He has to start eating more of his stash and hope to acquire more fish.
mpl35
AG
Never bet on a hippy.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
Quote:

Also, had 0 idea dave had so much fish preserved. Impressive
I don't think he does. I may be crazy, but when he showed his "fish" it appeared to be a bucket of wood. I think he was hallucinating or just trying to remain positive. I think he only tried to preserve two filets.
I Drink Your Milkshake
AG
SPOILER

I think Fowler is done once he loses that fish in next weeks episode. Crazy to think that it will then be two women against Dave, who is all but done in my opinion. His mind is on the brinks, they may end up extracting him forcefully.

I vastly underestimated women.
Bregxit
AG
gawnfishin21 said:

Quote:

Also, had 0 idea dave had so much fish preserved. Impressive
I don't think he does. I may be crazy, but when he showed his "fish" it appeared to be a bucket of wood. I think he was hallucinating or just trying to remain positive. I think he only tried to preserve two filets.

That was a bucket of dried fillets.
htxag09
AG
dlance said:

Thisguy1 said:

htxag09 said:

At 100 calories a day I don't think he will last much longer. He doesn't have too many more pounds to lose and he'll be dropping one every 2-3 days at that intake. He can't even string his bow now. He has to start eating more of his stash and hope to acquire more fish.
Agree 100%. But at least he has the stash to eat more from, doesn't appear that anyone else does. I'd imagine he's going to try and continue with his current plan, when he realizes it isn't working, maybe double what he's eating
mpl35
AG
gawnfishin21 said:

SPOILER

I think Fowler is done once he loses that fish in next weeks episode. Crazy to think that it will then be two women against Dave, who is all but done in my opinion. His mind is on the brinks, they may end up extracting him forcefully.

I vastly underestimated women.

Lower metabolism helping them out.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
mpl35 said:

Never bet on a hippy.

No ***** Both me and the wife were thinking WTF. Thought she was trying to troll the camera again. She looked and sounded so much farther ahead than all the others combined. Also hated the boat foreshadowing.
CrottyKid
AG
Do you think Callie looks back on this and regrets leaving after seeing how much better she was?
mpl35
AG
CrottyKid said:

Do you think Callie looks back on this and regrets leaving after seeing how much better she was?
I hope so!
TheVarian
AG
I never understood that mindset, but maybe it's the days of isolations. Every season there has been at least one person, who I thought would kick some ass and were doing great and bam, gone.

"My time would be spent better elsewhere" because apparently half a mil isn't enough now a days..

Probably just tired of being out there and don't want to admit they are done
Bregxit
AG
CrottyKid said:

Probably not. She explained her thoughts on it being all about winning and how that changed.
Bregxit
AG
TheVarian said:

I never understood that mindset, but maybe it's the days of isolations. Every season there has been at least one person, who I thought would kick some ass and were doing great and bam, gone.

"My time would be spent better elsewhere" because apparently half a mil isn't enough now a days..

Probably just tired of being out there and don't want to admit they are done
The contestants are not going to see $500,000 or anywhere close to it after taxes. Especially the Canadians. It's a lot of money and at the same time, it's not a lot of money. It isn't life changing, generational money like winning the lottery. I can easily see someone who has a comfortable life at home where the money isn't a need just deciding they're done. That decision could easily come in the form of some kind of feeling that they have achieved some self-fulfillment out there.

Your last two in season 1 were Sam and Alan. Sam and his wife were pretty poor and he had a baby on the way. He needed the money. Alan had a high desire to win plus his son needed a very expensive surgery to repair his eye. He needed the money. Everyone else had their "I feel fulfilled" moment.

Your last three in season 2 were Larry, Jose and David. All three had high money drivers. Larry hated his job, Jose wasn't allowed to work in Canada and David was supporting his three kids by himself. Again everyone else (except the girl who almost cut her thumb off) seemed to not have the money driver and just came to the "a-ha" moment.

I love the outdoors and always loved survival type camping in scouts, but $500,000 is not enough of a motivator for me to attempt something like Alone, much less stay out there if I did get there. I would venture my a-ha moment would come in week 2.
A.G.S.
AG
Realistically speaking, for a U.S. citizen, it'd probably be about 300K after taxes right?
Bregxit
AG
A.G.S. said:

Realistically speaking, for a U.S. citizen, it'd probably be about 300K after taxes right?
Could be less depending on which state you're from. Cali? Probably will see 250k. Same with NY. Live in Philly? Even less.
A.G.S.
AG
TX thank God.

Either way, I have been intrigued to sign up. Submitted an application earlier this year but it was past the casting date for next season.

The money is definitely a motivation, but I would also love to attempt it for my own personal edification.
ursusguy
AG
Not so shocking, Dave got pulled for literally starving.
ought1ag
AG
ursusguy said:

Not so shocking, Dave got pulled for literally starving.
sad thing is he had the food
A.G.S.
AG
That sucks for Dave.

I was rooting for Fowler, but he can't seem to catch a break. I wonder how well he'd be doing if he was on the other side of the lake.
clintaggie04
AG
My wife was almost in tears when Dave kept saying "I will eat!" I have food."

It sucks he just miscalculated how much food he needed.
AG
His reaction was tough to watch, he really wanted to say and then when they pushed him, he recognized the condition he was in. He looked turrrrrible.
mpl35
AG
Tony Franklins Shoe said:

His reaction was tough to watch, he really wanted to say and then when they pushed him, he recognized the condition he was in. He looked turrrrrible.
You could tell that the lack of food was messing up his decision making.
TX AG 88
AG
yeah, almost POW turrible.
CrottyKid
AG
All the med team stuff leads me to believe that they are setting us up for the finale. No one quits and the rest of the contestants get pulled one by one. The winner is just whomever the med team decides to pull last.
ursusguy
AG
Yeah, he was to the point that his idea of eating more might have been "I'll add half a fish tail a day". When they showed his back, that was pretty shocking.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I don't blame them for pulling him. Sheesh. Dude could have died out there.
AG
Surprised when he fell he didn't break something, complete bag of bones.

Good point on focusing on the medics in the preview. Teeth issue for Megan and Carleigh saying she might be 100 pounds, that might just save Fowler on his run of bad luck coupled with his family depression.
Yesterday
AG
They should have let Dave eat and see how he does with the food he had but I understand their decision.
Bregxit
AG
03ki11erAG said:

They should have let Dave eat and see how he does with the food he had but I understand their decision.

80/60 BP...he was literally days from being dead.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.