Outdoors
Sponsored by

Alone - Season 3

36,906 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BCO07
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big trapper getting rocked by calorie deficit.
Britt trying to hide fish. Not sure about that. Wouldn't he be better off smoking it and just keeping it with him?
htxag09
AG
I though the same of Britt's method of "preserving" fish. Didn't seem smart to me.
TheVarian
AG
I think he'll get sick from that resulting in him leaving
Bregxit
AG
TheVarian said:

I think he'll get sick from that resulting in him leaving
Probably not as long as he cooks it well...assuming he doesn't let it sit there for a week or something. The temps are in the 30s, the lake is 54 so that stream is probably a bit cooler.

He does need to get himself a smoking operation going asap and make a bunch of fish jerky. He'd be set.
Bird Poo
AG
Do you need a lot of salt or smoke and preserve meat?
Bregxit
AG
kayakag said:

Do you need a lot of salt or smoke and preserve meat?

Hot smoking the meat/fish will let it keep for a few days. Cold smoking a few days longer as you are basically creating unsalted jerky.

Ideally salt curing would be done but acquiring enough salt out there is not feasible.
FIDO 96
AG
Is Callie quickly becoming your favorite? Her permanent shelter rocks. And she seems to have the mental edge. She's having fun, even if she is a bit of a freak

And she likes to get naked for the camera!
clintaggie04
AG
So I have watched every episode of every season. I love this show. My wife just watched with me for the first time Thursday night. Her response...

"Do they have soap?"

I honestly have no idea. Does anyone know if they are given soap with the first aid supplies? I saw this season that they give them a toothbrush.
Bregxit
AG
clintaggie04 said:

So I have watched every episode of every season. I love this show. My wife just watched with me for the first time Thursday night. Her response...

"Do they have soap?"

I honestly have no idea. Does anyone know if they are given soap with the first aid supplies? I saw this season that they give them a toothbrush.
Everyone is given a toothbrush. If they want soap or toothpaste those count against the 10 items list.

http://css.history.com/shows/alone/articles/full-gear-list-and-prohibited-items
clintaggie04
AG
Interesting. Safe to say no one would ever choose soap as one of their 10 items, so I guess the answer is no.
Bregxit
AG
clintaggie04 said:

Interesting. Safe to say no one would ever choose soap as one of their 10 items, so I guess the answer is no.

Yep. Scrub down with some moss/charcoal/sand and you're good.
ursusguy
AG
Usually there are plants that can create a sudding action when scrubbed and mixed with water.
htxag09
AG
Never knew they were given trail cams. That's pretty cool. And makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. Never really thought about some of the images they show in the previews....
John Cocktolstoy
I like Dave the best...he is really upbeat so far, decent shelter but I wonder how warm it will be. He just seems to keep busy and stay focused with no one to worry about back home. I like Dan also, even though he is the largest guy the trapping skills make him a player. They are not showing much of him so you don't really know. Hands down the best show on for me.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
plowboy1065
S
The boat builder (can't remember name) is my pick. He's starting to get things figured out
Presley OBannons Sword
Bummed about Britt, he was my favorite
TheVarian
AG
Me dos. I was definitely wrong about that fish storage. Even my fianc was in her words, "I'm pissed and I'm sad he's gone."
rtsingleton
AG
Seems as if the amount of trash and found things will be much less in this location. I wonder how much of an affect that will have on the long haulers.
JD Shellnut
AG
That damn fox!!!
SharkinAg
AG
I finally had time to check this series out and now I am hooked. So much for sleeping this weekend. Thanks guys!
CrottyKid
AG
I wondered why he didn't just set snares all around the bait. He coulda had fox kabobs the next day.
DuckDown2013
AG
plowboy1065 said:

The boat builder (can't remember name) is my pick. He's starting to get things figured out
His "Duck killing contraption" is so legit.

I think it is between him, Dave, and the dry-waller (if he can manage to get some food soon).
Fairview
AG
That urinal the one guy built was disgusting. It would constantly smell like piss in the shelter. Seems easy to just carve yourself a little chamber pot and dump it away from camp.
Bregxit
AG
Fairview said:

That urinal the one guy built was disgusting. It would constantly smell like piss in the shelter. Seems easy to just carve yourself a little chamber pot and dump it away from camp.

You don't think a wooden chamber pot would smell like piss after a few days?
CrottyKid
AG
It was right above the fire too. Seemed dangerous.
Fairview
AG
dlance said:

Fairview said:

I agree. My thought was you could store it just outside the shelter. The urinal also dumped out just outside the shelter. If it were me I would just hold it until morning and take a piss / dump on a tree a bit away like nature intended.
rtsingleton
AG
I would've at least just use bamboo
mpl35
AG
Fairview said:

My issue was the urinal spilled piss on the inside of the wall. You can see it in the shot where he "tests" it out.
mpl35
AG
Fairview said:

dlance said:

Fairview said:

I agree. My thought was you could store it just outside the shelter. The urinal also dumped out just outside the shelter. If it were me I would just hold it until morning and take a piss / dump on a tree a bit away like nature intended.
some can't hold it.
TheVarian
AG
mpl35 said:

Fairview said:

My issue was the urinal spilled piss on the inside of the wall. You can see it in the shot where he "tests" it out.

That burn piss smell...
ursusguy
AG
I can tell you from years of working at scout camp, and waking up every morning and pissing out the back side of the tent, at about 3 weeks the vegetation starts dying. After 4 weeks the ammonia smell starts to get noticeable. At 7 weeks, it all balances out....or you simply don't notice it.

Had to edit---pissing got autocorrected to kissing, which completely changes the post.
jpb1999
AG
If set up a urinal like that I would dig out a hole on the dump side and fill it river rock on the bottom and the sand on the top. Then all you would have to do us replace the sand once every week or so.
OldCamp
Really liking the hippie chick.
She probably has the best camp.
Seems like she has the best attitude as well.
and she likes to get naked a lot.
kdm_01
AG
She does have a great camp. She had me convinced towards the end for a while there too.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I fell for it too, she knows good tv.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.