*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

170,141 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Claude!
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I tore down all the junk houses in Sanctuary, scrapped all fences and the rest of the miscellaneous junk laying around. TONS of resources. Make sure to grab the YOU'RE SPECIAL book in your old house in Sanctuary for a free skill point!
Also don't forget the comic that's in the house too
Eliminatus
AG
I absolutely hate the wall system. I am OCD when it comes to it and there is simply no way to put a wall around a settlement cleanly. uneven ground breaks it up.

How are yall protecting your settlements in a 360 degree perimeter?
aggiebonzo
AG
Could someone explain the action points to me? I have no idea what that bar does for me besides during sprinting.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
I absolutely hate the wall system. I am OCD when it comes to it and there is simply no way to put a wall around a settlement cleanly. uneven ground breaks it up.

My wall looks like a bunch of 13 year old Mexicans built it, but it keeps out the riffraff nonetheless.
Cromagnum
AG
I'm all in Sanctuary like

Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Could someone explain the action points to me? I have no idea what that bar does for me besides during sprinting.
Basically it automates attacks for you based on how many action points you have, certain actions use more points than others. On Xbox controllers you hit the left shoulder button to activate it.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault-Tec_Assisted_Targeting_System
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:

My wall looks like a bunch of 13 year old Mexicans built it, but it keeps out the riffraff nonetheless.

Same ol' Cro!
ChiveOn
AG
I have no idea how to set up these settlements. Any one know of a good guide/tutorial to get my bearings?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
Loving the game --- I don't even want to read anything anyone else is saying for fear it could spoil things for me. I am still trying to decided which faction(s) I trust the most and why. Put in about 14 hours yesterday on my day off. Went luck and charisma build. It is fun -- painful early on when you are relying on luck almost solely in combat, but once you get a few things stacked up in Luck to feed off each other you can start melting people with crits in V.A.T.S.
mid90
AG
Conan O'Brien tries out Fallout 4.....and tries to get laid in Diamond City

agfan2013
AG
Here's a tip I've always used, may seem really basic so y'all may already do this. But when approaching areas, spam the vats button (LB for Xbox) especially if you are approaching from a higher place. If there are enemies around it will zoom in and you might be able to notice a few bad guys that you would have missed unless you got really close to them.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
Conan O'Brien tries out Fallout 4.....and tries to get laid in Diamond City

Too bad he didn't kill all the Synths with the rocket engine, Conan would've gone nuts for that
Drake aTm
AG
I'm going with a stealthy ninja build. It's AWESOME
Tabasco
AG
quote:
I'm going with a stealthy ninja build. It's AWESOME

Can you elaborate? I'm early in the game and don't have a build yet
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. I read where someone beat on Dogmeat a little too much and caused him to go hostile and then accidentally saved his game. Now he has a an angry unkillable dog attacking him non stop.
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. I read where someone beat on Dogmeat a little too much and caused him to go hostile and then accidentally saved his game. Now he has an angry unkillable dog attacking him non stop.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
LOL. I read where someone beat on Dogmeat a little too much and caused him to go hostile and then accidentally saved his game. Now he has a an angry unkillable dog attacking him non stop.

And that's why you have multiple save spots!
redbaron788
AG
VATS also helps finding land mines.

Also has anyone else gotten "Homerun" and "Touchdown" yet?
aggiebonzo
AG
FYI the lone survivor perk works with dogmeat as your companion. Nice to know since I planned on only playing with him.
AtlAg05
AG
Speaking of save points, in attempting to clear the converga factory. I'm saving after each kill because I've been getting destroyed inside the factory. Next challenge is the defense bot.

I throughly enjoy my high capacity sniper rifle
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
Speaking of save points, in attempting to clear the converga factory. I'm saving after each kill because I've been getting destroyed inside the factory. Next challenge is the defense bot.

I got wrecked in there last night. Had to do the same thing in order to clear it. However when I exited I proceeded to get wrecked again. So I went to sleep.
Thriller
AG
Factory has been a ***** so far
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:

I got wrecked in there last night. Had to do the same thing in order to clear it. However when I exited I proceeded to get wrecked again. So I went to sleep.

Ha, yea I went through one door thinking to get a quick rest but there was a raider and bot right outside the door.
aggiebonzo
AG
I had a 15 minute shootout with a Mr. Bugsby or something last night. Thought it was friendly until it opened fire on me killing me in about 4 seconds. Went back and just ran around a rock taking cover and firing a shot or two at it until it died.
maverick2076
As bag as the factory was, Fraternal Order 115 is worse. About 10 Super Mutants, including one named one...
bearamedic99
AG
I have not got to the point or seen the quest for building a settlement (got a late start with work and my 2 yr old). I have however finally made it to Concord and met up with Preston and the Minutemen. Is there a trader in this town? Where can I find the nearest trader? By the time I was done killing the local Raiders, I was over burdened by 100lbs and want to sell off some stuff.

Also, anyone know how to turn on a flashlight for xbox players?
whiteman
Hold the b button to turn on the flash light.
spieg12
AG
By far the best settlement I've found so far is the castle. I wont spoil anything but it makes that car factory look like it's full of baby radroaches. It sucks to clear but is really rewarding when finished.
spieg12
AG
Also forgot to mention I have two suits of power armor now. The second is an incomplete T-51 set so I'm using raider power armor parts to fill in for now.

The game will not keep track of them both on the map. It only shows the last suit you used so remember where you park them!
wee_ag
AG
Keep in mind with bases, that you can set-up supply lines between them so all your stored items are accessible between them. Doing that, you can store all the stuff you've built and just place it again in the new settlement. I'm really happy with Sanctuary right now, but a castle sounds AMAZEBALLS.

There's no trader in Concord, but you can store your stuff in something, fast travel back to Sanctuary to offload it and then return to pick up the rest. 99% of what you pickup can be broken down into crafting elements so it's handy to grab everything (especially coffee cups... MAKE SURE YOU GET COFFEE CUPS)
txag2k
AG
quote:
By far the best settlement I've found so far is the castle. I wont spoil anything but it makes that car factory look like it's full of baby radroaches. It sucks to clear but is really rewarding when finished.

Well I F'd up and started this mission a little (lot) early and actually cleared it... so... now I'm stuck trying to finish off one last uhmm... enemy. Too late to quit the mission of retaking the castle and have picked up too much cool stuffs to go to an earlier save so I'll have to figure something out. Can't stay alive long enough fighting the last one.
spieg12
AG
I just ran away in power armor most of the time. Let the friendlies do damage. Take some pot shots when you get a good bit of distance. Power armor negates the falling damage so you can go up and down to help evade also.
maverick2076
quote:
quote:

Well I F'd up and started this mission a little (lot) early and actually cleared it... so... now I'm stuck trying to finish off one last uhmm... enemy. Too late to quit the mission of retaking the castle and have picked up too much cool stuffs to go to an earlier save so I'll have to figure something out. Can't stay alive long enough fighting the last one.

Take your time. Shoot from inside the castle. Use the missile launcher you find inside.
Drake aTm
AG
Damn...just read this thread after turning sanctuary into a HUGE farm. I really wanna see the castle now.

I have the mission, I've just been occupied with the main story/BOS story line.

All my skill points have gone into pistol/gun nut/armorer and making dog meat stronger. I feel pretty OP right now, especially since I've been spending all my caps on fusion cores for power armor. Feels like a tank with the added benefit of carrying a TON of weight.

Definitely worth it.
Tex117
AG
The delay from when an enemy quickly turns a corner and you immediately try and go into VATS, but still get gunned down is really irritating. Even when you know its coming....Or you try and ADS, but can't fire off enough shots fast enough....

A shooter this is not....

Also, the dialogue and voice protagonist IMO sucks. Do any of you guys like it??

Other than that. Finally got settled in and am enjoying the game.

Im a fallout fan for sure, but now I really want to know what they do with Elder Scrolls.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.