*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

168,926 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Claude!
Velvet Jones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like her voice.
mid90
AG
quote:
Im a fallout fan for sure, but now I really want to know what they do with Elder Scrolls.

Best estimate for ES6 is 2019. Although it will supposedly be called "Redguard". I guess I'll have to use Destiny (and Fallout 4) as my lifeline until then.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
The drivein is the WORST place to build a settlement
I read you can use the workshop to remove the radioactive barrels. After 5 minutes or so the water is pure.
agfan2013
AG
Does anybody know if dogmeat judges you when he's your companion? I was wondering what happened to the karma system and may or may not have picked a safe and stole from some poor wastelanders and codsworth was not a fan of that. I did something else too where Preston Garvey got mad at me too. Neither of them stopped being my ccompanion but I'd like to be able to do whatever I want without being judged and obviously still want a companion to help out with combat. Surely a dog can't judge you right?
3rd and 2
AG
Hey guys! What should I do with all these extra power armor parts I find? Sell 'em?
mid90
AG
quote:
Does anybody know if dogmeat judges you when he's your companion? I was wondering what happened to the karma system and may or may not have picked a safe and stole from some poor wastelanders and codsworth was not a fan of that. I did something else too where Preston Garvey got mad at me too. Neither of them stopped being my ccompanion but I'd like to be able to do whatever I want without being judged and obviously still want a companion to help out with combat. Surely a dog can't judge you right?

So you're saying you need a safe place?

agfan2013
AG
BigAggie06
AG
Went in to gamestop to pick up my pre-order on Tuesday ... been busy so went to install last night ... realized they gave me a second copy of BlackOps III ...
txag2k
AG
Why can't I put a core I have in my inventory into the dam armor suit?? I have like 60 cores! Frustrating that I suck at this game :-)
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Why can't I put a core I have in my inventory into the dam armor suit?? I have like 60 cores! Frustrating that I suck at this game :-)
Climb into it and it should put one in automatically, I think.
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:

Nope. And when I go to the inventory transfer screen I can't select my own inventory on the left side to toggle at all. I only see the power suit inventory on the right side :/

Edit: I mean I can get in and walk around so it's not off-limits or anything that I can think off but it won't allow me to insert the core so... yeah.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
Im a fallout fan for sure, but now I really want to know what they do with Elder Scrolls.

Best estimate for ES6 is 2019. Although it will supposedly be called "Redguard". I guess I'll have to use Destiny (and Fallout 4) as my lifeline until then.
We will be raiding in Destiny 3 by then!
Drake aTm
AG
Use the transfer button.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nope. And when I go to the inventory transfer screen I can't select my own inventory on the left side to toggle at all. I only see the power suit inventory on the right side :/

Edit: I mean I can get in and walk around so it's not off-limits or anything that I can think off but it won't allow me to insert the core so... yeah.
Have you tried hitting the left trigger to select your side of the inventory?
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have you tried hitting the left trigger to select your side of the inventory?

Yes and even changed controllers because I thought the left trigger was broke. Maybe it's bugged out for me.
Breggy Popup
AG
You sure there is not currently a core in the suit?

And you sure you have power cores and not power cells?
Drake aTm
AG
Power armor is worth it. Especially when you start upgrading it.

I haven't experienced any bugs/glitches yet...knock on wood.
txag2k
AG
Fusion core. I started with one, the original that I removed from the suit when I brought it to his first house area. I then picked up several more fusion cores doing whatever beginner missions were available and found a few. Have over 60 fusion cores. Do I need to charge those or something? Would cores I were given already be drained?
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
Fusion core. I started with one, the original that I removed from the suit when I brought it to his first house area. I then picked up several more fusion cores doing whatever beginner missions were available and found a few. Have over 60 fusion cores. Do I need to charge those or something? Would cores I were given already be drained?
No idea. I haven't gotten that far. Just trying to help troubleshoot.
Kampfers
AG
quote:

Dogmeat is the best companion. A) mans best friend but b) the lone wanderer perk still grants bonuses when you are with Dogmeat.

I just wish you could give him a name.
txag2k
AG
Ok I was way off on the number 60..more like 20 and not stored on me come to find out. I can't seem to locate them now so I quit.
Marsh
AG
Taken directly from Reddit, but certainly a few things I didn't know:

General

• Sell Fusion Cores to traders before they run out, you will get much more for a partially charged core, over an empty core.
  • Pickpocket enemies with power armor to steal their Fusion Cores, this will cause them to leave the armor, and you can steal the frame
  • The Lone Wanderer perk still provides bonuses with Dog Meat as a companion
  • When Leaving your power armor remove the Fusion Core so no one will decide to use it.
  • When hacking look for [],(), <>,and {} with anything in between the brackets, clicking the leftmost bracket will reset your attempts to give you more tries, or remove dud words from the list.
  • Try to always carry a weapon of each ammo type, that way you are less likely to be completely out of ammo.
  • Some companions can pick locks and hack terminals for you. More specifically: Cait for lockpicking, Nick Valentine for hacking[1]
  • You can tag specific crafting materials by going into your junk section in your inventory, and switch to material view.
  • There is no level cap. Don't fret about spending perk points. The game's enemies don't scale with you, but they do get harder farther from the start, and the farthest away points of the map have level 50 enemies. There's no shortage of things to take down and no shortage of points to get strong enough to do it.
  • To force a companion to equip, or apparel switch to their inventory in the trade menu, and a button will show up to have the npc equip the item. ( "T" for PC, "Y" for Xbox, "Triangle" for PS4)
  • For Power Armor: sprinting, strong melee attacks and VATs drain your Fusion Core faster than walking or standing still.
  • Fast Travel in Power Armor doesn't use and Fusion Core battery, and you can still fast travel with no charge in the core.
  • You can zoom in on the pip boy by right clicking.
  • Power armor sinks. Don't try to fix pipe leaks with it on. It's a long walk out of the lake.
  • When using terminals, instead of repeatedly pushing the back button to leave, [TAB] on PC, hold it and you will quickly exit the terminal.
  • VATS will detect landmines.
Crafting

• You do not need to break down junk items to get components by hand the game will do it for you if the junk items are stored in your settlement workbench or inventory. Extra resources will be deposited in your settlement workbench.(It may take some time to appear)
  • You can grow your own adhesive by cooking Vegetable Starch with Corn, Tato, Muttfruit, and Purified Water.
  • When naming weapons, put a hyphen or space at the beginning of the name (EX: -gun name), and those weapons will default to the top of the list in your pip-boy.(Thanks: CromeDaBeast[2] )
  • If you look at the Junk section of your inventory you can switch to a list of all the components your junk breaks down into (with C on PC). In that list you can set or remove a search tag.
  • When you upgrade a weapon, the current mod will be placed in your inventory. If you transfer all mods to your workbench, if you put that upgrade on another weapon, it will use the mod before crafting a new one.
  • You can salvage weapon sights by modifying the weapon with the no sights attachment, which costs no resources to make.
  • If a gun/armour has a mod you can't build, you can still swap the mod out and install it on another weapon.
Settlements

• When building settlements you can raise and lower objects by holding E and using scroll wheel on PC, X and L1/R1 on PS4
  • When building your first settlement use E to move the initial workbenches instead of scrapping them.
  • You can remove the radiation from Starlight Drive by scrapping the barrels in the center, and the Unrusted Crashed Car.
  • Water pumps, farms, and traders deposit the Items and Caps they produce into the workbench.
  • To help place objects in hard places use a small rug then place the object on the rug, pick up the rug and the item will remain attached but the game uses the rugs collision detection.(This allows you to clip objects into walls!)
  • To assign settlers select them in the crafting screen then select the object you want them to work
  • Settlers can work up to 6 Food at a time. Meaning a settler can tend to 12 plants that produce .5 food each.
  • To reduce raider attacks make sure your defense state is higher than food + water.
  • Highlighting a settler in workshop mode will also highlight anything he's assigned to.
  • Fast Travel in between settlements will instantly grow all crops that have a settler assigned to them.
  • When your selecting something through the workshop build interface if you press and hold the move command(Press and hold [E]) this will pickup all items attached(or very close) to the object you are picking up. (Be careful as if your walls are all attached you can pickup very large parts of your settlement!)
  • If you assign a companion to a settlement, you can assign them to a task. Codsworth is now running a scavenging station for me instead of meandering about with no job.
  • Build a bell in a central location in every settlement (Resources > Miscellaneous). Ringing it calls every settler to it, and makes it easy to find new settlers and assign them tasks.
  • Equip all your settlers with a marker piece of common equipment, like a bandana. Makes it easy to spot new ones in a crowd, or make it task specific

aggiebonzo
AG
I feel like my character is very underpowered. Definitely need to upgrade my weapons and armor. Anyone know where I can find some good items? Only legendary I have is the rifle from the brotherhood of steel mission. Don't have any fusion cells though so it's obsolete right now.
Prime0882
AG
So, I was running around in a Drifter's Outfit that I found immediately after starting my Evil Dead Ash looking character for probably wayyyy too long (till about level 10). You probably may have figured out all of this, but this is what I just learned last night:

Found out that you can layer clothing and individual pieces of armor that can be upgraded and have upped my survivability a bit. Originally I was wearing the outfit and tried to start wearing the piecemeal armor pieces, but then I ended up being a guy in his underwear running around with a leather chest piece.

Now, I'm wearing a military fatigues base layer with a lot of boiled leather parts off of raiders. Upgraded all of them and feeling a bit more confident. My weapons are kind of lackluster though, also. The best that I have is also the Brotherhood rifle that you're given and my ammo seems to be quickly diminishing. My go to for most situations has been a tire-iron with a blade attachment to conserve ammo where/when I can.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Hey guys! What should I do with all these extra power armor parts I find? Sell 'em?
Transfer them to your workbench or the Power Armor crafting station. Always probably a good idea to keep extras for that. Same thing with the mini-gun.
Drake aTm
AG
Holy crap.

I need to test out that lone wanderer perk with dog meat. Is this a bug?
Prime0882
AG
quote:
Holy crap.

I need to test out that lone wanderer perk with dog meat. Is this a bug?
Pretty sure it's intentional. Would make sense that a dog wouldn't negate the lone wanderer perk. If that perk ended up working with a Super Mutant companion in tow, then I would think it's bugged.

Dogmeat is pretty handy, and I haven't used a human companion yet, but I have to believe companions with thumbs, trigger fingers, and guns have to be of more use on the battlefield than Dogmeat. Thinking I may take this perk and stick with Dogmeat the whole game.
Drake aTm
AG
Same here. I love dogmeat.

Really bummed that you can't have him +1, like FO3.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
Found out that you can layer clothing and individual pieces of armor that can be upgraded and have upped my survivability a bit. Originally I was wearing the outfit and tried to start wearing the piecemeal armor pieces, but then I ended up being a guy in his underwear running around with a leather chest piece.

Now, I'm wearing a military fatigues base layer with a lot of boiled leather parts off of raiders. Upgraded all of them and feeling a bit more confident. My weapons are kind of lackluster though, also. The best that I have is also the Brotherhood rifle that you're given and my ammo seems to be quickly diminishing. My go to for most situations has been a tire-iron with a blade attachment to conserve ammo where/when I can.
I've suspected this was the case. How do you layer clothes and armor? I have an additional legendary chest piece or something i got from a raider with a star next to their name that if I equip, it just unequips the vault suit underneath it.

Yeah, I like having dogmeat and realize its the quintessential, cliche wasteland survival partner but Preston and Codsworth are far better companions if you get into trouble (particularly Codsworth, dude can wreck feral ghouls and other stuff in close quarters with his buzz saw hands).
Prime0882
AG
quote:

I've suspected this was the case. How do you layer clothes and armor? I have an additional legendary chest piece or something i got from a raider with a star next to their name that if I equip, it just unequips the vault suit underneath it.
Noticed on the Pip Boy it will show you what body parts outfit/armor covers. Looks like suits/outfits/etc. do a whole body thing that doesn't allow layered armor over it.

Tried on a pair of long-johns since I always saw them on raiders and then the leather pieces and that worked. Clicked on the fatigues for giggles and saw that it replaced my long-johns only with the leather armor still on.
3rdGen2015
AG
The vault suit can be worn as an under layer too
Drake aTm
AG
quote:
The vault suit can be worn as an under layer too

It doesn't stack armor value . Save yourself the trouble, and equip a light outfit that boosts a special stat or 2.
Beezy2389
AG
Yeah when you hover over an item in your inventory the corresponding part on the pip boy guy on the right will flash. Put on all your arms legs and chest and then see what things you can wear underneath. I'm level 26ish and still rock the regular military fatigues. Don't think there are too many options.
TexAgBolter
AG
Some days, the fallout wasteland feels so civilized.
Cromagnum
AG
When does dog become dogmeat? Mine just says dog.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.