*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

168,920 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Claude!
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** Mirelurk hunters. Also Laser turrets are a *****.

I've gotten several legendary items. Mostly random pieces of armor that also increase Intelligence and Charisma. I do have a few legendary weapons but they are either weird like a rolling pin or have bonuses for killing a specific type of enemy.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh ****. The Institute can even send trojan horse cows to your base. This game...

Oh crap, had a random cow show up in sanctuary a few days ago.
I had (what I thought was) a random brahman show up last night. I didn't see any of the caravan guards, so I decided to shoot and kill it because I had seen this. It turns out that it wasn't random and it indeed was part of a caravan. Nick Valentine hated it so much that he started shooting me, oops.
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
https://m.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siyvg/psa_if_you_bring_dogmeat_to_vault_111_and_make/

Just read the top comments for any explanation.
I think this was patched or i just could not for the life me of get it to work. Many attempts...
I just did this about 2 hours ago.
Ya i created a new character to test and i was able to get it. Loaded my other character and tried with him.. could not do it. Not sure what's up. But when i do start playing that other character, he'll have the cryolator
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
https://m.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siyvg/psa_if_you_bring_dogmeat_to_vault_111_and_make/

I think this was patched or i just could not for the life me of get it to work. Many attempts...
Ya i created a new character to test and i was able to get it. Loaded my other character and tried with him.. could not do it. Not sure what's up. But when i do start playing that other character, he'll have the cryolator

I had trouble with it at first. Then I got dogmeat in the locker, shut the door, then told him to fetch. It worked.
txag2k
AG
Gonna try that after work. I know I've had him in there and i was blocking the door but don't recall if I shut us both in. heh.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I had actually started a new character because mine was bugged out. I had paused to grab a drink and when i came back he, Hudson Hawk, would not move. It showed he was over burdened even though he was well under weighted in his PA suit. I could turn around and shoot but was not able to leave my suit or "talk" to dogmeat. I even loaded an earlier save and when it was loaded... same issue.. could not move. I started the new character, Jack Burton, and he too was stuck in place after the character edit part. I rebooted my XB1 and loaded the fresh character and he was able to move so I played him till i got dogmeat and then the cryolator.

Before heading to bed i loaded back a Hudson Hawk save and was able to play. Man I was happy but I had already accepted that I would probably be starting over so now I may continue his progress and choose different paths than I had before.
mid90
AG
quote:
Gonna try that after work. I know I've had him in there and i was blocking the door but don't recall if I shut us both in. heh.

I shut him in there by himself, then interacting with him through the chain link fence.
htownag08
AG
I have a feeling this is going to make me really mad/feel like an idiot but i didn't know you could skip to different perks so early on...i have just been building up intellect, charisma, and agility thinking you had to get those to the max level before you could move down the line.

I've gotten all the Minutemen quests up to this castle, but now i feel like i need to level up and grab that town leader perk so i can connect supply lines.
txag2k
AG
It's not a problem. I didn't get that perk until after I completed the prison related quests. I had to do several quests to level up to get the 4 freaking points in needed. 2 in charisma and 2 for the perks, level 2 local leader so I could make the PA suit rack.
Beezy2389
AG
I did the same. Thought you had to work your way down the tree starting with the level 1 perks
mid90
AG
Dammit I didn't realize that either.
Saxsoon
AG
I have only ended up doing one or two sidequests, brotherhood of steel, and the main quests. I have actually been enjoying the main story quite a bit and got to the institute already, a little over half of the main quests. Made sense to me because if I was a dad I wouldn't be ****ing around in the wasteland while my son was missing.
ClickClack
AG
I wish I was falling out right now
mid90
AG
quote:

Me too. Damn work.
Thriller
AG
quote:
I wish my kids didn't have a snow day.

I need to get better about ammo supplies. If I hadn't had the boxcap mine, I'm not sure I get past the Glowing One. Fighting in narrow hallways is no fun at my level.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

Me too. Damn work.

Seriously. And kids. I need to be an independently wealthy bachelor so I can play fallout all day.
Wildmen03
AG
I need to watch my ammo more closely as well. I had a ton of 10mm until I found a semi-auto armor piercing 10mm pistol on a super mutant. Awesome gun, but eats ammo.

Right now I have a pipe rifle with medium scope and large bayonet as my primary. I rotate between firing and melee-ing in close quarters and it does OK at sniping. It uses .38 which has been plentiful enough for now.

I use a mix of missile launcher, fat man and mini-gun whenever I come across an enemy out of my league.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:

I need to get better about ammo supplies. If I hadn't had the boxcap mine, I'm not sure I get past the Glowing One. Fighting in narrow hallways is no fun at my level.

Did you drain the stone quarry? If so, I went back and it had been inhabited by 15 or so raiders. Tons of ammo everywhere.

I went back because after getting the pump working I never talked to the Mathis guy. He turned out to now be a legendary raider, so I couldn't complete the talk to Mathis quest. I made it the kill Mathis quest. I at least got his uskaga hat (or whatever it was called).
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Did you drain the stone quarry? If so, I went back and it had been inhabited by 15 or so raiders. Tons of ammo everywhere.

I went back because after getting the pump working I never talked to the Mathis guy. He turned out to now be a legendary raider, so I couldn't complete the talk to Mathis quest. I made it the kill Mathis quest. I at least got his uskaga hat (or whatever it was called).

So many quests I have started and not finished (like this one. I get easily sidetracked.
Thriller
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So many quests I have started and not finished (like this one. I get easily sidetracked.
So much this. I'm OCD in a sense that I want to explore every nook and cranny but I also seem to acquire a large number of quests I start and wander off when something else is appealing.

OCD/ADHD mix with this game.
Drake aTm
AG
Dan blitz says hi

AtlAg05
AG
It's a conspiracy! I swear the ghouls/raiders/scavengers/etc are laid out as a bread crumb trail away from the main story.

I did finally make it to diamond city, the name all makes sense!

texsn95
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which platform? I heard it doesn't work with XB1. I only got an hour into the game then had to head offshore, hoping to get back at it Thursday night.
Thunder18
AG
Worked for me on XB1
Breggy Popup
AG
I can't get Dogmeat's dumb ass to go into the vault.
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which platform? I heard it doesn't work with XB1. I only got an hour into the game then had to head offshore, hoping to get back at it Thursday night.
On XB1 i was able to do it last night with a fresh character, but failed numerous attempts (after i confirmed it was working) with my main character.

Going to try a few more times tonight but don't want to waste another hour trying
agfan2013
AG
Jesus are you guys really having that much trouble with this?

-Go back to the vault with dogmeat as a companion
-Go to room and command him to move close to the cage
-tell him to look for items
-grab the gun from the ground when he drops it and search his inventory for the ammo
-done

It definitely still works on consoles as they haven't updated the game with any patches since launch day. If you can't get it to work it's not the end of the world, it only has 200 ammo, that might last you 2 hours in the game. Just move on and come back when your lock picking is high enough.

You guys are missing out on a great game by worrying too much about one little thing.
txag2k
AG
quote:
command him to stand on the platform in the center before you get on it. Doubt it matters tho as the successful attempt, he did not stand on the platform and was in the vault when i got down there.

Dunno, this game is trippy.
txag2k
AG
quote:

-grab the gun from the ground when he drops it and search his inventory for the ammo
-done

It definitely still works on consoles as they haven't updated the game with any patches since launch day. If you can't get it to work it's not the end of the world, it only has 200 ammo, that might last you 2 hours in the game. Just move on and come back when your lock picking is high enough.

You guys are missing out on a great game by worrying too much about one little thing.
Trust me.. i ain't missin s#1t. Wasting an hour in the game is like .0001 % of the time I am playing it. Glad I am not playing on steam so I can't see my hours played.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:
command him to stand on the platform in the center before you get on it. Doubt it matters tho as the successful attempt, he did not stand on the platform and was in the vault when i got down there.

Dunno, this game is trippy.

Oddly enough that is how I was trying it. Then I posted the above. Then I just went down again without trying to put Dogmeat on the platform and voila, he was there at the bottom.

Anyhow, it works for sure on XB1.
Wildmen03
AG
Worked for me on PC the first time.
ClickClack
AG
So what is the appeal of this gun. What does it do. Rounds?
Drake aTm
AG
Works on PS4.
Drake aTm
AG
It turns everything to ice. Even on survival mode it's pretty beastly.

I have my big guns at rank 4 with bloody mess and lone wanderer perks. so idk if that helps.
Thriller
AG
quote:
quote:

-done

Trust me.. i ain't missin s#1t. Wasting an hour in the game is like .0001 % of the time I am playing it. Glad I am not playing on steam so I can't see my hours played.
ummm...my save files show hours played for each one.
txag2k
AG
ok so I know where NOT to look I know that xbox "thinks" i am over 20% done and have ~275/1000 achievement points. I hope i am nowhere near 20%.

edit: realizd i have been seeing hours played EVER TIME i load. lol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.