*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

168,906 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Claude!
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bethesda I love you so very much, but some of these bugs are inexcusable. I'm attempting to make a second character and right as it spits me out of the cryo machine in the vault, my game doesn't allow me to move at all, no camera, no button functions. I've consulted the Internet for various solutions but none have worked. So much for this being an RPG. Guess it's just a one-time RPG for me.
Iced-T14
AG
This happened to me. While watching Nora die, bang on the door for a bit. Once the door opens, start moving immediately, do not pause
BigAggie06
AG
Ghouls annoy me ... Lore is that they are humans who have been exposed to extreme radiation and that they are not zombies (i.e. Not dead) ... So why the eff to I get mobbed by 3-5 feral ghouls every time I pass a cemetery.

Also ... Got blasted by a flamed when fighting Farenheit and wearing a suit of power armor I had pickups during the mission ... Now my face has this orange lava like glow to it.
Wildmen03
AG
Well I finally got some more play time in this week. Found all of the Bobbleheads. I also beat the game with the Railroad ending, went back to an earlier save and beat it with the Brotherhood ending. I'll go back and beat it with the Institute in order to play all of the major endings. I made backups of all of my saves so I can decide which ending I liked best once the DLC comes out.

AboveAndBeyond
The Bobble heads are fun to find! I've got my shelf in the Comic book store I'm building, the Comics are a pain to find sometimes.....
Hickory High
AG
I know I'm extremely biased, but I think Fallout is the only "collect stuff simulator" type of game I'm actually ok with.
E
AG
Getting this thread back on page 1 where it belings

Hickory High
AG
WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?! IM RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO DO
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?! IM RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO DO
I had done everything but magazines and bobbleheads. Pretty sure I had hit almost all the quests. Did a sniper/sneak build as a good guy, so I just restarted so I can get the Brotherhood achievement; going with evil power armor and heavy weapon build.
Hickory High
AG
Any word on and some DLC comes out?
howdydamnit04
AG
I'm kinda at that point as well. The only missions I have in my list are a completed Minuteman that I need to turn in, a gltched MILA quest (kinda hard to turn into Tinker Tom when he is dead), a glitched Silver Shroud, and a glitched Meet Abbot at the Wall.

Yesterday I just farted around and found some buildings I hadn't explored but its not a ton of fun.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
If you haven't explored it, the nuclear wasteland has a few hidden gems. No major quests, but some cool buildings. Ran into my first bloated ghoul there. It's off the edge of the map in the SW. Not sure why they did that; maybe to make it dangerous and edgy by not being in the mapped zone?

I'm curious if there's a way to join the Atom cult, or at least an associated questline. There's a camp down there that seems like their HQ, and they weren't auto-hostile like some of the others tended to be.
E
AG
There is a mission for the railroad (I believe) where you have to find someone in a cave way out there. He is hiding from the institute so it would make sense to put it way off the map.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
There is a mission for the railroad (I believe) where you have to find someone in a cave way out there. He is hiding from the institute so it would make sense to put it way off the map.
Yep. I had assumed that only the path to his cave was the open part. Once I was able to get my stats up, I went and explored the rest.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Damn, it's tough restarting. Went from mowing down hordes of ghouls without breaking a sweat, to running away like a little girl when there's more than two feral ghouls at once.
Average Joe
AG
I'm still behind most of y'all, so plenty of quests and exploring to do. I find exploring and discovering everything the best part, so I don't I'll get bored with it as fast.
AtlAg05
AG
Hit my first major bug, mission where I'm supposed to kill a faction lady for another faction. I instead reveal the plan and I get another mission to warn the lady of an impending attack. Now I can't warn her and I can't finish the game the way I want to.

Seems to be a trend of you have multiple missions for the same person you can't complete any of them. Also happened with Hancock.

On the forums this has been an issue since Nov with no fix.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
How many freaking minute men missions are there? Is my game glitching or is there a never ending stream of them? I've probably cleared Corvega 4 times
agfan2013
AG
quote:
How many freaking minute men missions are there? Is my game glitching or is there a never ending stream of them? I've probably cleared Corvega 4 times

The last Minutemen mission is taking fort independence, anything else Preston Garvey gives you after that is a radiant quest. There are infinite raider quests as all they are is a mission to help settlers out by clearing out bandits or super mutants or whatever at some random location, you don't have to keep doing them.
agfan2013
AG
I've probably put two and a half days or so into my playthrough so far. I've completed the main story under the brotherhood of steel, finished the Minutemen storyline, done all of the misc missions I could find, and have two major settlements that I spent a lot of time on. I won't be restarting for another character so I'm just waiting on DLC to start playing again, I don't know if I will buy all of it but I certainly will get a pack or two depending on what it is. I have too many other games to play so I probably won't play much more until the first DLC comes out.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
quote:

The last Minutemen mission is taking fort independence, anything else Preston Garvey gives you after that is a radiant quest. There are infinite raider quests as all they are is a mission to help settlers out by clearing out bandits or super mutants or whatever at some random location, you don't have to keep doing them.

Holy crap, that's all I've been doing. Is Fort Independence "the Castle"? I cleared that out a long time ago, and have been doing multiple missions killing super mutants and saving kidnapped people, and clearing raiders
RAT90
AG
If you clear Fort "The Castle" Independence, then you are done with the Minutemen storyline. However, PG will keep sending you quests. You do not have to do them, however, note that if you ignore themeventually you will "fail" that quest.

Same goes for the "settlements under attack" Miscellaneous quests. You will fail those if you do not do them.

Keep in mind some of your settlers may die in either situation.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
Hit my first major bug, mission where I'm supposed to kill a faction lady for another faction. I instead reveal the plan and I get another mission to warn the lady of an impending attack. Now I can't warn her and I can't finish the game the way I want to.

Yep, that's the bug I was warning you about. If you have one, you need to go back and find a save from before you wiped out the BoS ship.

If you want to warn the Railroad, there is a quest a few steps later that sends you to the BoS ship. Since it's already cleared, the game sorta freaks.
Tex117
AG
While a great game, one I enjoyed, I think Bethesda needs to go back to the drawing board with their formula.

I've played this game 6 times now. (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4).

They tried to shake things up a bit with the base building, and was a clever way to use "junk", but I don't know...didn't really work for me.

The game also took itself too seriously IMO. Fallout (the previous entries) were whacky, weird, and dark humored games....this was a forced hero (sure you could pick if you were a jerk or if you were cool, but you did the same things) situation that never really lightened up but never hit the notes of being serious either.

Other than the shooting mechanics (which were improved...kudos to them), overall I think the game was a mere sidestep.

All that said, I'm already waiting for the Next Elder Scrolls...because, while playing Fallout 4, it felt like they wanted to make Elder Scrolls anyway.
BigAggie06
AG
New Vegas was Obsidian not Bethesda
Hickory High
AG
Is there any news out there about a new Elder Scrolls game?
Tex117
AG
quote:
New Vegas was Obsidian not Bethesda
I know...and it was my favorite of the Fallout games.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Is there any news out there about a new Elder Scrolls game?
Nope, and we are years away from one most likely, but its in development for sure.
unmade bed
quote:
If you clear Fort "The Castle" Independence, then you are done with the Minutemen storyline. However, PG will keep sending you quests. You do not have to do them, however, note that if you ignore themeventually you will "fail" that quest.

Same goes for the "settlements under attack" Miscellaneous quests. You will fail those if you do not do them.

Keep in mind some of your settlers may die in either situation.

After you finish a MM mission just don't report back to preston until you are ready for new mission.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
While a great game, one I enjoyed, I think Bethesda needs to go back to the drawing board with their formula.

I've played this game 6 times now. (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4).

They tried to shake things up a bit with the base building, and was a clever way to use "junk", but I don't know...didn't really work for me.

Agreed. It seems like there's definitely a lack of quests when compared to Skyrim. I'm wondering if they plan to add more later, or if they plan to rely on player made content. Some of the ones that came out for Skyrim were extremely impressive; almost the size of paid DLC.

There's a lot of places that looked like a setup for a quest, but it goes nowhere. The nuclear silo in the wastelands is a good example. Its massive and unique, but it's only got standard ghouls and a core. Also it would be fun to go truly bad and join the Raiders or Gunners. Could do without the dismembered corpses though.

They also need to polish the radio beacon system. Some way to home in on the source. I've spent an hour or more searching for a signal; then you find it, and it's a dead body or two with a Stimpak and ammo.

The terminals add a lot to exploring. Some of the backstories to the buildings are interesting.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. It seems like there's definitely a lack of quests when compared to Skyrim. I'm wondering if they plan to add more later, or if they plan to rely on player made content. Some of the ones that came out for Skyrim were extremely impressive; almost the size of paid DLC.

There's a lot of places that looked like a setup for a quest, but it goes nowhere. The nuclear silo in the wastelands is a good example. Its massive and unique, but it's only got standard ghouls and a core. Also it would be fun to go truly bad and join the Raiders or Gunners. Could do without the dismembered corpses though.

They also need to polish the radio beacon system. Some way to home in on the source. I've spent an hour or more searching for a signal; then you find it, and it's a dead body or two with a Stimpak and ammo.

The terminals add a lot to exploring. Some of the backstories to the buildings are interesting.
I remember back when everyone was claiming "Fallout 3 is Oblivion with Guns!" And Bethesda said something to the effect that though the Elder Scrolls had more quests, Fallout quests were longer and more involved. That may have been the case for Fo3 and New Vegas, but I don't think it held true for Fo4.

Further, I just didn't think any of the quests were all that interesting...(The end game quests were decent).

I guess, in the end, between the writing and the area itself, I just didn't find anything about it particularly compelling.

I enjoyed the game, don't get me wrong, but, I can't help but feel the formula is failing to meet the highs that other games are starting to achieve.
AtlAg05
AG
Not sure it's even that bug. I have the mission indicator over her that appeared when the kill mission came. Now I have the warn, but the game is waiting for me to kill her.

Sounds like I will still be bugged if there is a fix due to me clearing the ship. Great.

Cleared the ship too long ago to go back.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
Further, I just didn't think any of the quests were all that interesting...(The end game quests were decent).

I guess, in the end, between the writing and the area itself, I just didn't find anything about it particularly compelling.

I enjoyed the game, don't get me wrong, but, I can't help but feel the formula is failing to meet the highs that other games are starting to achieve.
I've only sided with the Railroad up to this point, but the last few quests were very interesting.

I'm thinking they need to make Bunker Hill the true spot where you're forced to choose. It's an epic battle, but if you're still friendly with all of the factions, it's a let down, since you just waltz right through the battle.

mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
Not sure it's even that bug. I have the mission indicator over her that appeared when the kill mission came. Now I have the warn, but the game is waiting for me to kill her.

Cleared the ship too long ago to go back.
If you try to talk to her to warn her, and she just does a "Get moving" statement but no dialogue options, that's the one. I bit the bullet and went back, I lost a good 6 to 8 hours of game time when I did it.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
quote:

I've only sided with the Railroad up to this point, but the last few quests were very interesting.

I'm thinking they need to make Bunker Hill the true spot where you're forced to choose. It's an epic battle, but if you're still friendly with all of the factions, it's a let down, since you just waltz right through the battle.

Yeah it was weird to walk through that whole bit killing everyone in sight but not going hostile with the other two factions immediately.

I was there for the institute but and killing railroad/BOS and neither cared.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.