*****Official Fallout 4 Thread*****

168,922 Views | 1514 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Claude!
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
25 hours in and STILL haven't made it to Diamond city.

Whats the toughest enemies yall have fought so far?

Mine is hands down the Glowing Ones. I can't beat them head to head. No way. and their resurrection ability for other ghouls is the worst. I'd take a death claw or a mirelurk hunter over one of those anyday.

Overally I am really glad to see that the general difficulty of the game has increased significantly over 3 and NV. Definitely makes things interesting.
Beezy2389
AG
The first glowing one I faced I ran away and climbed up a downed tree so that he couldn't get to me and I just sniped him until he went down
AtlAg05
AG
Faced one last night clearing the national guard training grounds. It was the final mini boss in the area.

I was upstairs and there was a collapsed section of the floor that made a ramp. For whatever reason he got stuck on the ramp and I could hit him with no fear.
Cromagnum
AG
I ran into a Behemoth west of Corvega. I was way up high on the highway system and he was down below. I shot him with a mini nuke from my fat boy and he just sucked it up.

Then he grabbed a boulder from his shopping cart backpack and threw it at me. It knocked my head off and I plummeted from the highway.
maverick2076
quote:
quote:
I got mine near the Corvega factory. Some armored raider up on a catwalk.
Same with me.

Lol. Same ******* got me.
Troy91
AG
Ok, I was wondering why I kept finding nukes on super mutants. Then, I got the touchdown.

Found a Mutant Slayer 10mm pistol that does 50% more damage to super mutants. It is deadly to them. Have to not use 10mm for any other kind of target though.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Faced one last night clearing the national guard training grounds. It was the final mini boss in the area.

I was upstairs and there was a collapsed section of the floor that made a ramp. For whatever reason he got stuck on the ramp and I could hit him with no fear.

That one destroyed me at least 5 times before I just ran out of there and moved on to a different mission
Drake aTm
AG
I just found a freakin liquid nitrogen gun in vault 111!

Idk how I missed it leaving. I went back to find another vault suit because I lost mine. Now I need to rank up my lockoicking to get it out of the case!
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:

Now I need to rank up my lockoicking to get it out of the case!

Not really. There is another way.
aggiebonzo
AG
Use dogmeat to open it up for you.
I Like Mike
AG
quote:
Use dogmeat to open it up for you.

Enlighten me please!
aggiebonzo
AG
https://m.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siyvg/psa_if_you_bring_dogmeat_to_vault_111_and_make/

Just read the top comments for any explanation.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
25 hours in and STILL haven't made it to Diamond city.

Mine is hands down the Glowing Ones. I can't beat them head to head. No way. and their resurrection ability for other ghouls is the worst. I'd take a death claw or a mirelurk hunter over one of those anyday.

Overally I am really glad to see that the general difficulty of the game has increased significantly over 3 and NV. Definitely makes things interesting.
I don't have that kind of patience to not get there. Plus once I did that it gave me access to consistent shops and better weapons. Same with Brotherhood of Steel. I was really impressed how the BoS and the main quest after Diamond City integrated very closely together. Doing a few other odds and ends for them first to level up and unlock goodies.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:

Behemoth and legendary deathclaw at the same time at some town south of sanctuary. Blew through all of my minigun ammo and psycho on that one.
Drake aTm
AG
quote:
https://m.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siyvg/psa_if_you_bring_dogmeat_to_vault_111_and_make/

Just read the top comments for any explanation.

Damn. 2 levels and 3 hours later I wish I saw this. Debating starting over from that save point
wee_ag
AG
Anyone know if you can have one settler run supply lines to multiple settlements?
howdydamnit04
AG
Holy crap. Went into the Massachusetts State House randomly. Not gonna spoil anything but don't go in as a low level unless you really like quick saving.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Fought an Alpha Deathclaw and a Glowing Deathclaw. Both very tough.
I Like Mike
AG
Swan!!!!!
aggiebonzo
AG
I went back to Swan with my power armor and mini gun after accidentally visiting there
Average Joe
AG
I was doing good about not having too many loose ends at once. Then I got to Lexington and the College...

I also haven't used any of my power armors yet. However, my guns leave a lot to desired. It's either mini gun and fat boy or pipe pistols and a shotgun.
aggiebonzo
AG
I just scrapped everything I could in sanctuary and moved all the junk from that workshop to the castle workshop. Not sure if that was a good idea
Drake aTm
AG
Same here. I tried the castle, but i didn't like it. Not a lot of room to expand or grow crops. I like my huge farm with turrets all over the roofs back in sanctuary.
Drake aTm
AG
So I guess that lockpocking perk wasn't a waste. I was able to break into the BOS armory and grab this X-01 helmet.
ag_derp
AG
Just rejected BoS... Minutemen for life!
txag2k
AG
Ya i went by the armory and won't be able to pick that lock/hack terminal for several levels since it has a level requirement.

I guess I could always try this:

Drake aTm
AG
Hahaha. Of course.

Just when I start to justify my lockpicking, you post that video.
Beezy2389
AG
Pretty sure you can do both. You just have to pick between BoS or the Railroad
aggiebonzo
AG
I'm in the railroad, bos, and Minutemen right now. Anyone know if I can complete all the quest for bos and railroad before it makes me ally with a side?
unmade bed
So I am considering building a chemistry table here in my office so I can craft myself some real life psychojet. Not sure how else I can make it through the workday on 2 hrs of sleep due to to playing Fallout 4 until 4 am.
kbassil
AG
ok you bunch of nerds....

I've been on the fence since the day it came out. Now that you've had some time to play, tell me straight - buy it or nah?
I Like Mike
AG
quote:
ok you bunch of nerds....

I've been on the fence since the day it came out. Now that you've had some time to play, tell me straight - buy it or nah?
BUY IT
ClickClack
AG
Something that has confused me - when I press "talk" to random settlers that are friendly, it says "Hey, I'd like to trade". Then it opens up the screen to show all my inventory and theirs (usually they just have a few bottle caps, a pipe pistol, some ammo, and a piece of clothing. It lets me transfer over anything of theirs I want even if I don't give them anything. So basically, you can just steal anything you want from friendlies that aren't vendors?
Cromagnum
AG
Nevermind me, I'm just going to shoot my silenced pistol at the flammable cylinder behind you and abscond with the expensive loot that got knocked in my direction.

How have people discovered things like this already? LOL
Cromagnum
AG
Bethesda missed an opportunity to add item sets to this game. On the flipside, its also nice not to have sets that you are forced to cookie cutter into.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.