*****Divisional: Patriots vs. Texans*****

54,564 Views | 870 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bdgol07
rangerdanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shhopkins said:

Brock is a disaster!

Enjoy your $37-million.

Rick Smith will be fired.

He won't because Bob McNair is the nicest owner in the league. Smith would of been fired on any other team @ least 3 times over by now.
KidDoc
AG
Houston's front office needs to be cleaned out. Terrible for years now.

But I doubt it will happen. I may have to turncoat to Dallas. At least I lived in both cities growing up. I'm stuck with the Aggies no matter how angry I get at them due to having some of the best years of my life in Aggieland.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Whatever dirt Matt Millen had on the Ford family to keep his job as long as he did, Rick Smith must have the same on McNair.
shhopkins
AG
rangerdanger said:

shhopkins said:

Brock is a disaster!

Enjoy your $37-million.

He won't because Bob McNair is the nicest owner in the league. Smith would of been fired on any other team @ least 3 times over by now.
Rick Smith went all in with the house's money on Brock and Lamar Miller. He is done.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

aggie1906 said:

Beat40 said:

aggie1906 said:

rangerdanger said:

Ryan34 said:

rangerdanger said:

Only option for them is to go all in on a 2 yr Romo deal. Don't see a QB that would fall to them in the draft that's worth taking. Could try and take a late round flier on Chad Kelly I guess. Smith's selection of Osweiler buried this team.

Watson may vault up the boards but I doubt the others do. I think there's a pretty good chance that they'll have an opportunity to select a decent QB prospect at their pick.

Would you pull the trigger on Mahones if he fell?
IDK who the right guy is, but I would take the best available in the 1st or 2nd.

I would take OL first and fix those issues. A good run game can compensate for a QB as well.
You trying to play for a super bowl or to improve from 9-7 to 10-6?

Do we think a rookie QB can take us to a super bowl if we don't address OL?
A rookie won't regardless of OL. Good QBs still play good with poor OLs. Bad QBs play slightly less bad with great OLs.
Ag12thman
AG
Esiason just said, "Brock Osweiler is still not good and has a long-long way to go."
ac
Was the possibility of putting Savage into the game even contemplated?
KidDoc
AG
ac said:

Was the possibility of putting Savage into the game even contemplated?
Yeah I agree. I was hoping for anyone other than Brock after pick #2. Not sure if Bill had pressure from the front office to keep Brock in but he was pretty terrible outside of the one dropped pass to Fuller.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shhopkins
AG
Fullers dropped touchdown and Brock's continuous sh*t QB play equal bad football.

shhopkins
AG
I hate to say this, but Tony Romo will be the starter for Texans next year.

Farmer1906
AG
shhopkins said:

Not a chance.

I'd take him as a 1 or 2 year fill in, but it isn't happening.
Pahdz
FriscoKid said:

Ags #1 said:

So it was on griffin?

Without a doubt

What was Griffin supposed to run there, do tell. It's not like Brock threw it to the opposite area Griffin was in. He threw it in his vicinity along with three freaking defenders.
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton
AG
shhopkins said:

The only way that happens is if the Cowboys cut him. Any Cowboys fans that talk about trades are funny. The dude has a massive cap number, and is a huge injury concern. He isn't getting them a pick.
Bunk Moreland
He would have had 8 or 9 + another td had his wr's and TE not dropped wide open passes.

Still wouldn't have been enough, but it was a solid combo of horrible qb okay and awful drops.
BoxingAg84
1. Fire Rick Smith
2. Wallet whip Steve Mariucci. Give him whatever he wants.
3. Bring in Romo as a two year rental.

titanmaster_race
rangerdanger said:

shhopkins said:

Brock is a disaster!

Enjoy your $37-million.

Smith hasn't been kept on because McNair is 'nice'. He's burrowed himself into the McNair family deeper than a tick on a dog's behind. He's best friends with McNair's son. Their families are close too.

Unless something truly drastic happens (something somehow worse than signing bo to a $72 million contract), Smith is here as long as McNair is the owner Imo
PatriotAg02
AG
Good game Texans fans. I was a tad nervous for a while.
Ag12thman
AG
Pats fan?
. . .
Agmaniacmike12
Obviously would be a big risk but Teddy Bridgewater could be attainable.
Agmaniacmike12
Buck Compton said:

shhopkins said:

The only way that happens is if the Cowboys cut him. Any Cowboys fans that talk about trades are funny. The dude has a massive cap number, and is a huge injury concern. He isn't getting them a pick.
Sam Bradford meets some of the criteria you just listed and the Eagles made bank. A team who feels they are a QB away will take the risk and a good portion of his salary.
Buck Compton
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Buck Compton said:

shhopkins said:

Sam Bradford meets some of the criteria you just listed and the Eagles made bank. A team who feels they are a QB away will take the risk and a good portion of his salary.
I forgot the name of the QB the Vikings were paying $18M.... Remind me again? Even with Bridgewater making the giant sum of $1.8M, he was out for the season with no recourse.

Bradford was also 27 at that time. Romo is 36 and can barely walk his kids down the hallway to school. Bradford has had different injuries at different parts of his body. Romo has had consistent issues with two very fragile pieces. Bradford played 16,10,16,7,14 games in the seasons before Minnesota. Romo has played 16,15,15,4,0. Bradford was to be paid $7M in his contract year, Romo is on the books for $24.7M (and $25.2M the next year). Bradford has shown an ability to bounce back from injury. The situations really aren't that similar.

Trend plus age plus salary means Romo's career is over unless the Cowboys cut him and someone picks him up for cheap. They sure aren't getting a first round pick for him.

Logic really isn't that hard, people.
PatriotAg02
AG
Ag12thman said:

Pats fan?
Yep
CFTXAG10
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

1. Fire Rick Smith

Fire Larry Izzo
Agmaniacmike12
Buck Compton said:

Agmaniacmike12 said:

Buck Compton said:

shhopkins said:

I forgot the name of the QB the Vikings were paying $18M.... Remind me again? Even with Bridgewater making the giant sum of $1.8M, he was out for the season with no recourse.

Bradford was also 27 at that time. Romo is 36 and can barely walk his kids down the hallway to school. Bradford has had different injuries at different parts of his body. Romo has had consistent issues with two very fragile pieces. Bradford played 16,10,16,7,14 games in the seasons before Minnesota. Romo has played 16,15,15,4,0. Bradford was to be paid $7M in his contract year, Romo is on the books for $24.7M (and $25.2M the next year). Bradford has shown an ability to bounce back from injury. The situations really aren't that similar.

Trend plus age plus salary means Romo's career is over unless the Cowboys cut him and someone picks him up for cheap. They sure aren't getting a first round pick for him.

Logic really isn't that hard, people.
Romo's injury wasn't exactly season ending in 2016 and he had a career year in 2014. Most people considered Bradford a below average QB in Philadelphia and Minnesota still took on an oft-injured 7th year QB without any real production under his belt. Bradford posted a 45 QBR in his rebound year and garnered a nice package despite having an 18 million dollar 2nd year on that contract and no season above 60 QBR.

Romo's contract is certainly a much bigger hurdle, but the expectation should be that the Cowboys will take part of the hit monetarily in exchange for a mid-tier pick. The QB position is magnified in the game of football, the price is always heftier to get a good one and I have no doubt that if a 3rd or lower round draft pick is the bargaining chip to get the deal done, then one team will do it.

This is the league where the Redskins and Raiders offer perplexing contracts, Osweiler commands 15 mill+ on the open market for 7 starts, and an organization fires a coach who went to 3 straight NFC Championship games because of a power struggle. Never say never when dealing with a league full of organizations desperate to make their mark.
BMX Bandit
Being able to pay the Romo salary is not the hurdle. It's the effect on the salary cap. The Texans cant have both Romo and Osweiler numbers in the books for next year.

The only way for it to work wouid be for cowboys to restructure Romo contract again and give themselves an even bigger cap hit for trading him. That's not going to happen for the type of draft pick they get for trading him.
pfo
AG
IMHO the Texans would be better selecting a couple of QB's in the draft than getting Sam Bradford. Bradford has proven year after year that he's not a very good NFL QB. Tom Brady, Dak Prescott and others have demonstrated outstanding QB's can be found in later draft rounds.

It seems to me that picking a green apple from the tree is better than picking a rotten apple off the ground.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That Osweiler contract will force them into the rookie route in 2017 (assuming they go another route at all). I don't see how they can fit a 2nd quality veteran contract under the cap without gutting the rest of the team. And I'm using the term "quality"'loosely. Any remotely competent veteran starting qb costs a fortune these days. I think Romo ends up in Denver, who ended up keeping their powder dry.
Matsui
AG
Ryan Fitzpatrick got $10 or $13 million for a 1 year deal with the Jets. Romo can get that from Denver if he wants.
Say Chowdah
AG
J_R said:

I hadn't seen that. That is frigging awesome! I wish more HC's would just shut up the media like this.

Bill O'Brien is a good coach and he's young. He was a good hire!
bdgol07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

1. Fire Rick Smith

Fire Larry Izzo

Izzo might not be that bad if they can actually get a decent draft in rounds 2-6. That's where special teams are made and Rick Smith obviously does a bang up job in those rounds

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.