So how is the French Olympics going......

83,345 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Squadron7
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

No Spin Ag said:

doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

Well starting off with a mockery of the Last Supper......

Fat (fake) Jesus should stay away from the holy donuts.

I watched the first hour of the opening ceremony and did see this. Is this in the second or third hour of it?

As for what I did see, Lady GaGa was good and fun,, as were the can-can dancers and all the performing artists. The ones swaying on poles were amazing. The best part of what I've seen is where Les Miserables was mixed with heavy metal. Now that was freaking cool AF.

God just did OK, she got slammed for it a lot being kind of just jumping around and posing. Cancan dancers are always good, but those were really off with their kicks.

And I do love Les Miserables

I saw on Broadway and I actually like the movie too. It has some The most beautiful music.
Yeah, GaGa didn't do the kind of things I am used to her doing, but you could tell she was having fun, and in the end, that's all that matters. Those who slammed her need to get over it.

I have never seen Les Miserables, but if it's anything like what I saw yesterday, I'm definitely going to find where it's streaming.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BadMoonRisin
AG
I hope we lose every ****ing event. Our country is a complete joke.
drewser95
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

Quote:

Chianca commented in a now deleted Instagram story that he was not authorized to have Jesus on his board because "Christ is a religious figure" and the "games have strict rules and focus on total neutrality."
They sure didn't have a problem using establishing shots of the Christ the Redeemer statue during the 2016 Rio summer games. Hypocrites.
James Forsyth
zoneag said:

James Forsyth said:

Just do an "early life" check on the "creator" of this abomination and you'll understand the blasphemy

Early life. Every single time.

The obese lesbian cast as Jesus in the blasphemous "parody". Barbara Butch.
samurai_science
Smooth brains will keep watching because "what difference does it make". LOL
outofstateaggie
AG
southernboy1
AG
Just don't watch this bs.
deddog
AG
No Spin Ag said:

AggieIce said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

Willful ignorance will not get us out of this mess…

Wake up!
Geeting enraged about things you literally can't control, much less change, will change nothing, either in your life of their's.

Do you, or anyone, honestly believe they can change the way society has become? People have been raging at it for decades, yet it continues to move the way it always has. A president can't change that, social media can't change that, and even violence hasn't changed it.

I get hating something that you find deplorable, disgusting, whatever, and that's people's right, but please don't think anyone, or group, regardless of their title, will change how things are and how they'll continue to move to.

I tell people all the time, if they get off social media they'll see just how much better, and less stressful, life can be.
Your realize this is pervasive in our schools right? Or are you being intentionally obtuse?
the same people who call this "culture" are ok with boys with dicks changing in the room with our daughters.

Now you might be ok with it, the rest of us are not.
deddog
AG
And just so you know, for all you folks who think this is "culture" and "oh but what can we do", remember Bud Light. France is being mocked by the "rubes" worldwide. Not everyone loves the debauchery that Democrats do.
aggiedata
AG
Edward_Colston
Y'all wonder why some of us support Russia and Putin
Al Bula
AG
Looking over this guy's background who created the opening ceremony, I am not in the target audience.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-who-thomas-jolly-paris-olympics-opening-ceremony-director-receives-backlash-last-supper-parody-using-drag-queens
No Spin Ag
deddog said:

No Spin Ag said:

AggieIce said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

Willful ignorance will not get us out of this mess…

Wake up!
Geeting enraged about things you literally can't control, much less change, will change nothing, either in your life of their's.

Do you, or anyone, honestly believe they can change the way society has become? People have been raging at it for decades, yet it continues to move the way it always has. A president can't change that, social media can't change that, and even violence hasn't changed it.

I get hating something that you find deplorable, disgusting, whatever, and that's people's right, but please don't think anyone, or group, regardless of their title, will change how things are and how they'll continue to move to.

I tell people all the time, if they get off social media they'll see just how much better, and less stressful, life can be.
Your realize this is pervasive in our schools right? Or are you being intentionally obtuse?
the same people who call this "culture" are ok with boys with dicks changing in the room with our daughters.

Now you might be ok with it, the rest of us are not.
Be not Okay with it, by all means.

I just hope that people aren't spending more time than necessary hating on people they don't like, because life's too short. That time hating on them would be better spent doing happy things with friends and family. That's all I'm saying.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
SW AG80
AG
annie88 said:

Looks like a Biden cabinet meeting.

How would we know since they never met.
Burrus86
AG
agwrestler said:

Rapier108 said:

Burrus86 said:

What sport do the Oompa Loompas participate in for the Olympics?

Gorlock the Destroyer's long lost sibling?

I imagine that thing smells like an Alsups grease trap.

Need puking emoticon:

Thank God for that slat missing in the fence between Northgate and the north side dorms. If she couldn't make it through, you just kept walking.
MooreTrucker
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

So you're French?
BadMoonRisin
AG
MooreTrucker said:

BadMoonRisin said:

So you're French?
no, just not going to watch the *** olympics.

there's already the bravo channel, which I can ignore.

Other sports, who gives a ****, really?
aggiedata
AG
Nice move!

annie88
AG
No Spin Ag said:

annie88 said:

No Spin Ag said:

doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

I watched the first hour of the opening ceremony and did see this. Is this in the second or third hour of it?

As for what I did see, Lady GaGa was good and fun,, as were the can-can dancers and all the performing artists. The ones swaying on poles were amazing. The best part of what I've seen is where Les Miserables was mixed with heavy metal. Now that was freaking cool AF.

God just did OK, she got slammed for it a lot being kind of just jumping around and posing. Cancan dancers are always good, but those were really off with their kicks.

I saw on Broadway and I actually like the movie too. It has some The most beautiful music.
Yeah, GaGa didn't do the kind of things I am used to her doing, but you could tell she was having fun, and in the end, that's all that matters. Those who slammed her need to get over it.

I have never seen Les Miserables, but if it's anything like what I saw yesterday, I'm definitely going to find where it's streaming.
I would say the stage version is in some way better but honestly, the movie that came out about 12 years ago was good. They had some raw singing on there that probably isn't as good as you would hear on Broadway or a touring group, but that last song at the very end just gives me chills every time I mean, it brings tears to my eyes.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

No one is watching the f*gg*t Olympics. please.
I am. I still love the swimming and the gymnastics.

I'm not blaming the athletes for what France did with their screwed up opening. The ending was better.

USA Men's freestyle relay just got gold. The women's got silver. Men came from behind.

But nobody has to watch the Olympics. I don't watch as much of the volleyball and other stuff that i'm not as interested in, maybe occasionally. I just miss the days of our country coming together for our athletes.

To each their own.
Fight Fight Fight.
Claverack
Looks like these Olympics are worth ignoring.

I look back on that opening ceremony from London, then watch that monstrosity in Paris, and ponder on what the hell is wrong with the French.

But the problem with the French is the issue with much of Western Civilization in general: a lust for evil and a hatred for truth.

zgolfz85
AG
aggiedata said:

Nice move!

This is the way.
annie88
AG
Claverack said:

I look back on that opening ceremony from London, then watch that monstrosity in Paris, and ponder on what the hell is wrong with the French.

But the problem with the French is the issue with much of Western Civilization in general: a lust for evil and a hatred for truth.
I don't see how is the athletes fault that the French did a ridiculous opening ceremony. If you enjoy some of the sports, it shouldn't matter.
Fight Fight Fight.
aggiepanic95
AG
annie88 said:

Claverack said:

I don't see how is the athletes fault that the French did a ridiculous opening ceremony. If you enjoy some of the sports, it shouldn't matter.

I hear what you're saying, I do, but the only power we as consumers have is to not buy the product. Watching the Olympics is buying the product.
Scotty Appleton
Watch the sports where you KNOW the athletes don't agree with the woke crap. Wrestling, Boxing, Shooting, Rugby, etc and ignore the rest.
PhatMack19
AG
The beach volleyball chicks are wearing pants
aviationag
AG
I feel the same as most of you about the Parisian organizers and the horrible, at times disgusting, opening ceremony. And by the way, I hated the 'red carpet' entrance of celebrities. This is about the athletes, including our Aggies, not about these Hollywood 'stars'.

I happened to catch the beginning of Women's Field Hockey and am encouraged by the displays of patriotism, not only by Team USA, but by Argentina. Every one of our athletes was singing the National Anthem, and the Argentians did the same. Don't want to support the organizers, but feel as though these young people deserve my support.
AggieUSMC
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Not all of them. And it's cold and wet in Paris right now. That's why some of them are wearing long pants.
IPA4Me
Galatians 6:7 - Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

Have a Blessed Day.
Kenneth_2003
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Saw that... Not cool..

But I guess if it's cool and rainy a pass can be granted.
MooreTrucker
AG
annie88 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

No one is watching the f*gg*t Olympics. please.
I am. I still love the swimming and the gymnastics.

I'm not blaming the athletes for what France did with their screwed up opening. The ending was better.

USA Men's freestyle relay just got gold. The women's got silver. Men came from behind.

But nobody has to watch the Olympics. I don't watch as much of the volleyball and other stuff that i'm not as interested in, maybe occasionally. I just miss the days of our country coming together for our athletes.

To each their own.
Agreed. I love the Olympics and will be watching as much as I can. It has been damaged, though, by some of that crap, and by the division of our country.

But as you said, the athletes had nothing to do with that opening ceremony nonsense (although Celine Dion was incredible!!), and I'd say only a handful (LeBron, for example) have a part in the division of the US. I won't be watching basketball or US women's soccer, but I plan to enjoy the rest.

And yes, to each their own. It's just sad.
MooreTrucker
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

annie88 said:

Claverack said:

I hear what you're saying, I do, but the only power we as consumers have is to not buy the product. Watching the Olympics is buying the product.
Don't care. I love the Olympics and I'm not going to let some goofy French nonsense derail that.
No Spin Ag
annie88 said:

No Spin Ag said:

annie88 said:

No Spin Ag said:

doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

I would say the stage version is in some way better but honestly, the movie that came out about 12 years ago was good. They had some raw singing on there that probably isn't as good as you would hear on Broadway or a touring group, but that last song at the very end just gives me chills every time I mean, it brings tears to my eyes.

Damn, now I'm really interested. Looks like it's not streaming anywhere for few. I guess I'll have to pay for it on Amazon. C'est la vie.
Bucketrunner
My not watching will not harm the French government in any way. I don't think the television network showing it was allowed to have an opinion on another country's opening ceremony - as they shouldn't. My Fb is blowing up with fainting Karens.

Me? I'm watching and having a good time.
Kellso
Aggiecadet said:

France is having the worst Olympics in history and it has barely started.
This is what France wanted......attention. Everyone loves to talk about controversy.
I'll say this about the NBC broadcast from last night.....they did a great job of not showing the more controversial scenes from the runway show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.