Good Abbott

23,718 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Tea Party
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will25u said:

"The failure of the Biden Administration to fulfill the duties imposed by Article IV, 4 has triggered Article I, s10, Clause 3, which reserves to this State the right of self-defense. For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, s10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas's constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary. The Texas National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and other Texas personnel are acting on that authority, as well as state law, to secure the Texas border."

Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
American Hardwood
AG
I'm guessing he'll let them cut it then put it right back up again.
Rattler12
Ag87H2O said:

Screw the feds and the courts. Hire more workers and put it up faster than they can take it down.

Where and how did you get my picture and who gave you permission to use it.....
TAMUallen
AG
Abbott really has some legs on this! Get em' Greg!
American Hardwood
AG
Ooof!
ntxVol
one safe place said:

FIDO95 said:

Abbott just raised the ante:

https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/Border_Statement_1.24.2024.pdf

This is quickly evolving into the biggest constitutional crisis in our lifetime.
Wonder what he intends to do if the feds show up to cut the wire again or somehow interfere with efforts to stop the invasion of illegals? He is talking the talk, but wonder if he will walk the walk and how he will go about it.
He should arrest them.
TAMUallen
AG
American Hardwood said:

I'm guessing he'll let them cut it then put it right back up again.

I'm sure we're coming up with ways to make this harder to cut through as well.
American Hardwood
AG
I'm betting we play this game as long as it takes until the administration overplays their hand and does something drastic. That move, whatever it is, will be the next level in this escalation. If Biden backs down, the States win and can go about securing our borders to the extent they can. If Biden escalates, there is a huge political risk for them. If he goes too far, well, I hope we are all prepared for dirty business.
laavispa
Seems like Texas has been down that road before:

Quote:

When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression.

In such a crisis, the first law of nature, the right of self-preservation, the inherent and inalienable rights of the people to appeal to first principles, and take their political affairs into their own hands in extreme cases, enjoins it as a right towards themselves.............etc.,etc.
Texas Declaration of Independence, March 2, 1836

dustin999
AG
I've always thought, Texas is the best state to start some momentum for standing up for states rights.

We have the entire energy sector in the palm of our hands.

The feds like to penalize non-compliant states by reducing funding for federal initiatives, whether it's roads or whatever else.

We can penalize back by crippling the refinery capacity, or at least taxing the **** out of it in order to recover what's taken.

And more importantly, we could bring the economy to a screeching halt if we wanted to because of this control.

Texas should use its leverage to force the federal government to behave.

And Texas should take the lead in bringing other states into the fold in a pact to deal with the pressure of the federal government.

There's no way the US military will turn their weapons on fellow Americans, so the federal government is powerless outside of their normal method of "punishing" us with funding, which I believe we can counter.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
aTm2004 said:

With this in mind, Governor Abbott should call a special session to consider HB 3596 that was filed in the regular session "..........An Act relating to proposing a referendum to the people of the State of Texas on the question of whether this state should reassert its status as an independent nation....."
I know NOTHING!!!!
Sgt. Schultz
AG
ntxVol said:

one safe place said:

FIDO95 said:

This is quickly evolving into the biggest constitutional crisis in our lifetime.
Wonder what he intends to do if the feds show up to cut the wire again or somehow interfere with efforts to stop the invasion of illegals? He is talking the talk, but wonder if he will walk the walk and how he will go about it.
He should arrest them.
Handcuff them and lead them away for destruction of "State of Texas" property. Immediately, turn around and release the CBP agents who are doing this because they are only doing what they have been ordered to do.
I know NOTHING!!!!
samurai_science
Sgt. Schultz said:

ntxVol said:

one safe place said:

FIDO95 said:

He should arrest them.
Handcuff them and lead them away for destruction of "State of Texas" property. Immediately, turn around and release the CBP agents who are doing this because they are only doing what they have been ordered to do.
"Being ordered to do" is weak sauce excuse to violate the constitution to save their pensions. Scum they are
Old May Banker
AG
That wire is a helluva lot easier to unroll than it is to remove too. Doubt the feds can take down in nearly a week what the Texans can put up in a day.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
samurai_science said:

Sgt. Schultz said:

ntxVol said:

one safe place said:

FIDO95 said:

He should arrest them.
"Being ordered to do" is weak sauce excuse to violate the constitution to save their pensions. Scum they are
Hold your horses. They aren't scum. Most of them that I have known hate open borders and what this this administration has done. Just listen to what their union has to say about Biden's policies.
northeastag
AG
What's Biden going to do? Send in the military? A fleet of FBI agents? I'd love to see the Texas National Guard just stand their ground and say, "According to the Surpreme Court, you could take it down if you could get to it. But we're not going to allow you to get to it".

Essentially, tell the Supreme court to get out from under their desks and consider the fact that this nation is hanging in the balance (JMHO).
Sgt. Schultz
AG
samurai_science said:

Sgt. Schultz said:

ntxVol said:

one safe place said:

FIDO95 said:

He should arrest them.
Dude, from what i understand, nearly all CBP agents in the field applauded what Texas has done. They WANT to secure the border but they have been ordered to become ticket takers to enter the carnival show known as the USA.
I know NOTHING!!!!
Rattler12
northeastag said:

What's Biden going to do? Send in the military? A fleet of FBI agents? I'd love to see the Texas National Guard just stand their ground and say, "According to the Surpreme Court, you could take it down if you could get to it. But we're not going to allow you to get to it".

Essentially, tell the Supreme court to get out from under their desks and consider the fact that this nation is hanging in the balance (JMHO).
What he'll do is cut off all federal aid to the state from A to Z .....then the recipients of said aid will pitch a wall eyed fit and we'll have bad press at the least and burning and looting at the worst.
American Hardwood
AG
We respond with redirecting all federal taxes to the state coffers. That's a lot of lettuce.
Rockdoc
AG
Rattler12 said:

northeastag said:

What he'll do is cut off all federal aid to the state from A to Z .....then the recipients of said aid will pitch a wall eyed fit and we'll have bad press at the least and burning and looting at the worst.

I don't think the rest of the nation would sit still for that.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
Rattler12 said:

northeastag said:

Then Abbott should ask Texans to not pay their federal taxes as the contract between Texas and the United States has been broken. Any all tariffs, excise taxes, etc.... the State of Texas collects on behalf of the US shall be held. Seriously, is the federal government going to file 20 million tax liens? Are they going to send troops from other states to make the Comptroller of Texas release funds to the US Treasury? This could escalate quickly if you really think about it.
I know NOTHING!!!!
Old May Banker
AG
Don't send food / ag commodities out of state for a week....
Tea Party
P.H. Dexippus said:

samurai_science said:

Sgt. Schultz said:

ntxVol said:

one safe place said:

FIDO95 said:

He should arrest them.
Hold your horses. They aren't scum. Most of them that I have known hate open borders and what this this administration has done. Just listen to what their union has to say about Biden's policies.

"I was just doing my job" is not a valid excuse for illegal or unethical actions. We have historical precedence for this.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Zeke1995
AG
dustin999 said:

. . . .

And Texas should take the lead in bringing other states into the fold in a pact to deal with the pressure of the federal government.

. . . .
I thought this was interesting from the OK governor

Sgt. Schultz
AG
Well, Oklahoma needs Texas big time. Appreciate the fact they recognize that and want to help.
I know NOTHING!!!!
will25u
aggie93
AG

mustang1234
waitwhat? said:

SCOTUS only said that the feds could cut the wire, not that Texas had to stop laying it in the first place.
Bingo!!! U r correct!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
aggie93 said:

I am glad that DeSantis is an ally of Texas. I've been hard on Abbott and didn't vote for him in the last Republican primary,(voted for him in the general) but if he holds his ground on this I will have a new found respect for him.
blacksox
If what is going o is really an invasion, Abbott has given them "aid and comfort" in the form of free transportation to other states to spread the invasion. That's treason and he should be out to death. At least that's what the constitution says for those who care to read it.
Jack Boyette
blacksox said:

If what is going o is really an invasion, Abbott has given them "aid and comfort" in the form of free transportation to other states to spread the invasion. That's treason and he should be out to death. At least that's what the constitution says for those who care to read it.

No it doesn't.
aTm2004
AG
Abbott wouldn't need to do anything if your favorite VP would put the dicks down and do her job.
Rockdoc
AG
blacksox said:

Oh no dude. Sending them north to lib land is their punishment. Not surprised you didn't get it.
geoag58
AG
I am extremely glad you are not an Aggie. It would be terrible to think that someone with your apparent level of reasoning ability spent any time going to school in Aggieland.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
blacksox
I do sometimes see why certain people prefer that others not read what's actually in the constitution.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.