Good Abbott

23,710 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Tea Party
Central Committee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
taxpreparer said:

Should put it up in very deep rows, and as the BP works their way through, put up more behind them so they have to cut their way to get free.

By all reports, most of the BP supports Abbott.
ttu_85
Nanomachines son said:

Abbott can become a legendary Texan if he plays this right.
Yet there are so called conservative dimwits on this board constantly attacking him. Abbott has been on fire for several years now. Yes he was slow on Covid but joined up with Kemp and DeSantis when it counted in Early '21 forcing those dip ****s Biden, and Newsome to also open up.

Abbott, DeSantis, and Kemp have more than enough power to up those rats in Washington on notice.

Hopefully Trump wins this year and rolls the rats out of Washington ending this invasion.

Well done Greg Abbott.
Nanomachines son
ttu_85 said:

Nanomachines son said:

Abbott can become a legendary Texan if he plays this right.
Yet there are so called conservative dimwits on this board constantly attacking him. Abbott has been on fire for several years now. Yes he was slow on Covid but joined up with Kemp and DeSantis when it counted in Early '21 forcing those dip ****s Biden, and Newsome to also open up.

Abbott, DeSantis, and Kemp have more than enough power to up those rats in Washington on notice.

Hopefully Trump wins this year and rolls the rats out of Washington ending this invasion.

Well done Greg Abbott.

Seriously, he could be the man that said "no more not here" and go down in history as the man who ended the flow of illegal immigration into the US. If this causes the man to get assassinated that could be the trigger nationwide. If he has the fortitude to see this through it could change the entire course of history for Texas and for the US.
doubledog
Let the Feds cut out huge sections of the border wire...

That would be a great photo op for the 2023 election!
cecil77
AG
The Border Patrol publicly supports what Texas is doing.
Rockdoc
AG
Are the feds still cutting the wire? Haven't been able to find out. If so, how many of them are actually cutting?
zag213004
AG
Barnyard96 said:

How about we elect Trump and end this crap?

So trump can build the rest of the 2000mile wall and can get Mexico to pay for it?

Edit. Let me clarify i probably agree with much 9f the sentiment of not allowing illegal crossings but trump talks out of his a**. He never locked up Hillary, he never got Mexico to pay for the "big beautiful" wall, he favors less freedom for guns rights. Can't trust him to follow through on anything.
Rockdoc
AG
zag213004 said:

Barnyard96 said:

So trump can build the rest of the 2000mile wall and can get Mexico to pay for it?

I wouldn't mind if some of my tax money was spent on the wall. Biden's gonna take our money and give to the illegals anyway.
American Hardwood
AG
The comments on X seem are indicative of quite a bit of support for Abbott and Texas in defying the feds FWIW.
localag88
Let the people see how many times Biden opens the front door and rolls out the welcome wagon for these potential dem voters
The problem with people that don't get it is they don't get that they don't get it.
Rockdoc
AG
zag213004 said:

Barnyard96 said:

Edit. Let me clarify i probably agree with much 9f the sentiment of not allowing illegal crossings but trump talks out of his a**. He never locked up Hillary, he never got Mexico to pay for the "big beautiful" wall, he favors less freedom for guns rights. Can't trust him to follow through on anything.

Well this thread happens to be about Abbott and the border, not Trump. Trumps not the president right now.
Owlagdad
cecil77 said:

The Border Patrol publicly supports what Texas is doing.

I sincerely hope so. But it is worrisome that we have become a nation where no one respects our government, even its own employees. Libs are getting dose of insubordination they gave Trump.
Folks with standards have or may quit government work and only goon yes men will hire on, and feed what is becoming a dictatorship, run by swamp, agencies and executive order, because both judicial and legislative branch have abdicated. They are useless and our country looks now to one man to govern. Scary, no matter which party has the power.
Cynic
Sure seems like the federal government is trying to protect the open border. Even conservative judges. Must be a good source of cheap labor that their gifters need to protect.

Anonymous Source
S
YouBet said:

Is this true? Not trusting a random X post.
RAWSALERTS. The most trusted name in news!
Gig 'Em
Funky Winkerbean
AG
zag213004 said:

Barnyard96 said:

At this point does it matter what it costs? It seems a bargain given the future costs of this invasion?
YouBet
AG
zag213004 said:

Barnyard96 said:

So keep the guy in office that is pro open borders and actively working to keep it that way vs electing the guy who wants to finish the job he started.

When TDS overrides logic.
Helicopter Ben
MookieBlaylock said:

So the guys in the Border Patrol and Guard

Spend the week removing, then the weekend putting it back up

Govt 101

It's also Econ 101 to leftists. My MIL seriously believes digging a ditch and filling it back in, paid for by the government, is somehow good for the economy. And she's an Econ professor…
JWinTX
What the Feds will do is not come to help the next time we have a hurricane or tornado in Texas. And withhold Medicare funding for TX hospitals or doctors. Audit more Texans for tax evasion.

They won't fight the barbed wire because of the optics. But they will fight back in other ways...we just need to be prepared.
one safe place
Funky Winkerbean said:

Hopefully the river is rising from this rain.
We should run a large pipeline the entire length of the Rio Grande and pump water into the river on one end and pump water out of the river at the other. One big loop of Class 6 rapids. Then guard the places the roads cross the river.
American Hardwood
AG
JWinTX said:

What the Feds will do is not come to help the next time we have a hurricane or tornado in Texas. And withhold Medicare funding for TX hospitals or doctors. Audit more Texans for tax evasion.

They won't fight the barbed wire because of the optics. But they will fight back in other ways...we just need to be prepared.
This confrontation is necessary across the board. The more they try to do this stuff, the more sympathy and support Texas will get. It will demonstrate how much of a slavemaster the federal government thinks it is and actually is. Exposure of their evil in the light of truth is the way.
Stressboy
AG
Terminus Est said:

Shoot this energy right into my veins

This man won an unimportant battle which propelled him to the presidency where he proceeded to commit genocide against civilized natives and start the reign of evil known as the Democratic Party.

When will they tear down his statues?

dustin999
AG
Just wanted to applaud Abbott for doing the right thing. In the past, he'd just pop into Kennyboy Paxton's office and tell him to file another lawsuit and then pat him on the ass and move on. Finally he's growing a pair and realizing states have rights too, and just because SCOTUS rules a certain way doesn't mean we have to listen.

There used to be healthy tension between states and the feds, we need that back.
Texas velvet maestro
JWinTX said:

This is spot-on imo. That's how they do pay-back. like power grid stuff.
JWinTX
American Hardwood said:

JWinTX said:

This confrontation is necessary across the board. The more they try to do this stuff, the more sympathy and support Texas will get. It will demonstrate how much of a slavemaster the federal government thinks it is and actually is. Exposure of their evil in the light of truth is the way.
I hope you are right.

Propaganda, via media and entertainment, has a way of making innocent people look guilty. See Jews throughout modern history.
ShinerAggie
AG
Meanwhile...

Mitch McConnell Lobbies Republican Senators to Pass Secret Migration Bill

Quote:

Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is quietly pressuring GOP Senators to promise their support for his border bill before it is released to the public for debate.

Multiple media reports say the still-secret bill is largely complete. But its release has been delayed until McConnell can lock in at least 20 of the 49 GOP Senators, perhaps by making minor changes.
What a traitorous POS.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
FIDO95
AG
Abbott just raised the ante:

https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/Border_Statement_1.24.2024.pdf

This is quickly evolving into the biggest constitutional crisis in our lifetime.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tea Party
FIDO95 said:

This is quickly evolving into the biggest constitutional crisis in our lifetime.
Oh man, if Abbott really keeps this up he might actually go down in history as a top 10 greatest leader of Texas, even with the Covid year blemish on his record.

Great job Abbott looking out for Texans by protecting our border finally and fulfilling the duty the federal government has abandoned.

TEXIT
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
American Hardwood
AG
Popular grassroots revolution: this is not the way.

States asserting their Constitutional authority and sovereignty: this IS the way!
Deputy Travis Junior
Good. This needs a serious resolution. It's a lazy, irresponsible dodge for the supreme court to shrug and say "well immigration policy is the purview of the federal government, case closed" when the federal government is willfully violating the immigration laws on the books. They need to determine states' recourse when the federal government refuses to hold up its side of the bargain.
rausr
AG
Quote:

The federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States.

Boom!

No slow start there - nailing it from the first sentence.
will25u
one safe place
FIDO95 said:

Wonder what he intends to do if the feds show up to cut the wire again or somehow interfere with efforts to stop the invasion of illegals? He is talking the talk, but wonder if he will walk the walk and how he will go about it.
American Hardwood
AG
Bad Abbott would have taken the SCOTUS ruling and thrown up his hands saying "well I tried, please vote for me!". Good Abbott has double down in defiance of the SCOTUS ruling.

Bad Abbott would have sent a bus of illegals to New York as a stunt and said "see, I sent these illegals to the libs, please vote for me!". Good Abbott has not stopped the bus rides despite the sanctuary city caterwauling.

I think maybe it's time to give Abbott a little more credit for being serious about these things. I think he's walking the walk, but at the trajectory we are heading, things are going to get much more serious. I hope Good Abbott is here for the long haul.
one safe place
American Hardwood said:

Bad Abbott would have taken the SCOTUS ruling and thrown up his hands saying "well I tried, please vote for me!". Good Abbott has double down in defiance of the SCOTUS ruling.

Bad Abbott would have sent a bus of illegals to New York as a stunt and said "see, I sent these illegals to the libs, please vote for me!". Good Abbott has not stopped the bus rides despite the sanctuary city caterwauling.

I think maybe it's time to give Abbott a little more credit for being serious about these things. I think he's walking the walk, but at the trajectory we are heading, things are going to get much more serious. I hope Good Abbott is here for the long haul.
What will he do if the feds show up and cut wire or interfere? How will he stop it?
aTm2004
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.