The Taylor Swift psyop confirmed?

25,569 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by No Spin Ag
Velvet Jones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wood.
BassCowboy33
I can't tell if this board is laughing at the idiots who believe this or lamenting the lapdogs who don't understand Taylor Swift is a super cereal psy op.
William K. Klingaman
MaroonStain said:

Reading this thread, I am trying to sing a Taylor Swift song in my head and keep churning out Katy Perry songs.

Katy Perry is actually hot.
Fat Black Swan
AG
You can look up the Google Trends for Taylor Swift as the search term. Prior to the past year, her highest search amount was back in 2015 at 45% of the current amount.

She spent 2016 through 2022 at about 20% of the current search amount.

The meteoric rise in number of Google searches began in November 2022.
Fat Black Swan
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

I can't tell if this board is laughing at the idiots who believe this or lamenting the lapdogs who don't understand Taylor Swift is a super cereal psy op.

The Third-Party Technique has been used for psychological manipulation of the masses since Edward Bernays.

"The most useful method in a multiple society like ours to indicate the support of an idea of the many varied elements that make up our society. Opinion leaders and group leaders have an effect in a democracy and stand as symbols to their constituency."

"If you can influence the leaders, either with or without their conscious cooperation, you automatically influence the group which they sway"

Quote:

Influenced by the principles of Gustave Le Bon's mass psychology, Bernays believed that human behaviour could be effectively manipulated, if purportedly independent symbolic figures were manipulated to play upon unconscious aspirations and fears: in the name of health, a hearty breakfast recommended by Dr. A.L. Goldwater or, in the name of equality, cigarettes smoked by feminists. Soon Bernays would expand this 'third-party technique' (employing a third, opinion-leading party as the mouthpiece for the client's interests) using a PR tactic which at that time was novel but has since become common. He began to field 'front groups', that is, seemingly independent organisations which profess to support concerns of the common good
BG Knocc Out
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Folks sure raged when this issue was brought up a few months ago.

No denying that fact.

He delves into some background in a reply below that tweet. The lady works for a defense contractor that received millions in DOD funding to combat COVID disinformation on the internet.

Fund the Wuhan research then fund the censorship of any discussion on the results of that research to where the entire internet has the same level of discourse as the TexAgs COVID board.

Congrats, Covidians!!

You are the easily manipulated sheep we all thought you were!!!
As if it weren't apparent enough in public and at the local grocery stores in 2020 and 2021. You could tell who the absolute b*tches were. Had a string bean white liberal "man" audibly scowl at me for wearing mask below my mouth in a grocery store in Santa Fe NM in June of 2020. I just stared at him with a threatening "do not F with me or I will make you one with the pavement" look and he cowered away like the white liberal atheist b**** that he was. I kind of miss those times. Was fun to F with the terrified godless evil liberal vermin. Fear was their god.
Stat Monitor Repairman
BassCowboy33 said:

the idiots who believe this
Here!
texagbeliever
Fat Black Swan said:

BassCowboy33 said:

The Third-Party Technique has been used for psychological manipulation of the masses since Edward Bernays.

"The most useful method in a multiple society like ours to indicate the support of an idea of the many varied elements that make up our society. Opinion leaders and group leaders have an effect in a democracy and stand as symbols to their constituency."

"If you can influence the leaders, either with or without their conscious cooperation, you automatically influence the group which they sway"

Quote:

Influenced by the principles of Gustave Le Bon's mass psychology, Bernays believed that human behaviour could be effectively manipulated, if purportedly independent symbolic figures were manipulated to play upon unconscious aspirations and fears: in the name of health, a hearty breakfast recommended by Dr. A.L. Goldwater or, in the name of equality, cigarettes smoked by feminists. Soon Bernays would expand this 'third-party technique' (employing a third, opinion-leading party as the mouthpiece for the client's interests) using a PR tactic which at that time was novel but has since become common. He began to field 'front groups', that is, seemingly independent organisations which profess to support concerns of the common good

This is ESG to a Tee. LGBT+ as well.
Do you know any good article that puts those pieces together with this concept?
Stat Monitor Repairman
The Brazos Kid

Beast of Burden
Nailed it.

Needs to be stickied to the top of the ET board.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Here's a few on Bernays. He and Jung have always been fascinating to me regarding the dynamics of crowds and the masses.

https://academyofideas.com/2017/07/edward-bernays-group-psychology-manipulating-the-masses/

https://www.historytoday.com/miscellanies/original-influencer

https://theconversation.com/the-manipulation-of-the-american-mind-edward-bernays-and-the-birth-of-public-relations-44393

Mattias Desmet came up with idea of mass formation to explain the rise of totalitarianism during COVID. Seemed like a decent explanation for how you could have a majority Democrats, as late as January 2022, supporting the ideas of forcing the unvaccinated into concentration camps and removing their children from their homes.

texagbeliever
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a watch. I also purchased Bernay's book Propaganda.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

Heloo fellow humans. I am boyfriend of celebrity 298-J33 ...

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG

Quote:

My favorite part of this is that the people it's aimed at will have no clue why it's funny.
Fat Black Swan
AG
It's an interesting read and has kind of always stuck with me on how easy it is for people to be manipulated by mass messaging.
No Spin Ag
William K. Klingaman said:

MaroonStain said:

Reading this thread, I am trying to sing a Taylor Swift song in my head and keep churning out Katy Perry songs.

Katy Perry is actually hot.
We have rules!

STAPH!!!!!
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
American Hardwood
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Can't speak for everyone, but for me it's laughing.

HOWEVER, given the impressive win streak of conspiracy theorists in recent history, I reserve the right to congratulate and celebrate another conspiracy theory win when it is eventually proven true.
Not Coach Jimbo

Quote:

Always thought the Kelce and TSwift thing was very ham fisted... glad I'm not the only person.
texagbeliever
Fat Black Swan said:

Here's a few on Bernays. He and Jung have always been fascinating to me regarding the dynamics of crowds and the masses.

https://academyofideas.com/2017/07/edward-bernays-group-psychology-manipulating-the-masses/

https://www.historytoday.com/miscellanies/original-influencer

https://theconversation.com/the-manipulation-of-the-american-mind-edward-bernays-and-the-birth-of-public-relations-44393

Mattias Desmet came up with idea of mass formation to explain the rise of totalitarianism during COVID. Seemed like a decent explanation for how you could have a majority Democrats, as late as January 2022, supporting the ideas of forcing the unvaccinated into concentration camps and removing their children from their homes.

That video should be a part of a sticked thread on F16.
SgtBarbarossa
Quote:

Is that Mac's mom???
AGinHI
AG
It's dated (2001); however, the Frontline documentary The Merchant's of Cool explores how corporations manipulate the teen market and culture (the love of money is the root of all evil). Much of what is presented will be familiar, but it examines how, some, stars are made (i.e., Limp Bizkit near the end of the video), media presenting "the real world" and "pushing the envelope," and the broader cultural impact.

Quote:

It turns out that the nastiest expressions of youth culture are manna to an industry ravenous for anything authentic to sell.

When it comes to money and power, is it so hard to believe that people, whether marketers or politicians, would use the same tactics to achieve their desires?

Below is a description from the linked sites that follow.

Quote:

They spend their days sifting through reams of market research data. They conduct endless surveys and focus groups. They comb the streets, the schools, and the malls, hot on the trail of the "next big thing" that will snare the attention of their prey--a market segment worth an estimated $150 billion a year.

They are the merchants of cool: creators and sellers of popular culture who have made teenagers the hottest consumer demographic in America. But are they simply reflecting teen desires or have they begun to manufacture those desires in a bid to secure this lucrative market? And have they gone too far in their attempts to reach the hearts--and wallets--of America's youth?

FRONTLINE correspondent Douglas Rushkoff examines the tactics, techniques, and cultural ramifications of these marketing moguls in "The Merchants of Cool." Produced by Barak Goodman and Rachel Dretzin, the program talks with top marketers, media executives and cultural/media critics, and explores the symbiotic relationship between the media and today's teens, as each looks to the other for their identity.

Website https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/

Video link https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/view/
texagbeliever
That is a great documentary.

The Mook & the Midriff. Corporate America really screwed up Gen Z.
K2-HMFIC
Stat Monitor Repairman

NFL might consider rescheduling this game for the safety of Taylor and her fans watching at home
Stat Monitor Repairman

omg that looks serious I hope Taylor is ok.
aggiehawg
AG
But wait! It gets weirder!

Quote:

Dollars aside, her cultural impact might be just as significant. There are now ten college courses decided to the study of Swiftology including one at Harvard. After she started dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, there was even a marked increase in television viewership for Chiefs games all the more remarkable given football's ratings dominance.

More than half of all Americans count themselves as Swift fans. In a recent NBC News poll, she had the highest favorability rating of any person tested a 40/16 positive/negative rating that puts her above President Biden, former President Trump, and every other major political figure in the country. In naming her the Person of the Year, Time magazine called Swift "the master storyteller of the modern era."

In short, it's Taylor Swift's world, and we're all living in it. But one question about Swift's influence remains unknown: can she impact American politics?
Quote:

But a few celebrities have the notoriety and the cultural influence to shift the political tides. Oprah Winfrey's endorsement of Barack Obama in 2007 is estimated by one set of economists to have moved one million voters into Obama's column. Other research suggests that while Winfrey's endorsement didn't change voters' views on Obama, it may have had a subtler effect of reassuring them about Obama's viability as a candidate.

Winfrey's move was almost certainly the exception when it comes to celebrity endorsements. But while Swift has been a major star for years, in 2023 she is, as Oprah was in 2008, undoubtedly the most famous and influential cultural icon in the country. Could an endorsement of Joe Biden affect the outcome of the 2024 election?
Quote:

If a Swift endorsement brings just a fraction of her millions of supporters to the polls, that's still tens of thousands of people who might otherwise not vote. It could make a a potentially decisive difference. And would Republicans dare attack Swift and risk the wrath of enraged Swifties? Ask John Mayer or Kanye West how getting on the wrong side of Swift and her fans has worked out for them.
MSNBC of course
Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman

Rip Tony. You've had a good run.
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

But wait! It gets weirder!

Quote:

Dollars aside, her cultural impact might be just as significant. There are now ten college courses decided to the study of Swiftology including one at Harvard. After she started dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, there was even a marked increase in television viewership for Chiefs games all the more remarkable given football's ratings dominance.

More than half of all Americans count themselves as Swift fans. In a recent NBC News poll, she had the highest favorability rating of any person tested a 40/16 positive/negative rating that puts her above President Biden, former President Trump, and every other major political figure in the country. In naming her the Person of the Year, Time magazine called Swift "the master storyteller of the modern era."

In short, it's Taylor Swift's world, and we're all living in it. But one question about Swift's influence remains unknown: can she impact American politics?
Quote:

But a few celebrities have the notoriety and the cultural influence to shift the political tides. Oprah Winfrey's endorsement of Barack Obama in 2007 is estimated by one set of economists to have moved one million voters into Obama's column. Other research suggests that while Winfrey's endorsement didn't change voters' views on Obama, it may have had a subtler effect of reassuring them about Obama's viability as a candidate.

Winfrey's move was almost certainly the exception when it comes to celebrity endorsements. But while Swift has been a major star for years, in 2023 she is, as Oprah was in 2008, undoubtedly the most famous and influential cultural icon in the country. Could an endorsement of Joe Biden affect the outcome of the 2024 election?
Quote:

If a Swift endorsement brings just a fraction of her millions of supporters to the polls, that's still tens of thousands of people who might otherwise not vote. It could make a a potentially decisive difference. And would Republicans dare attack Swift and risk the wrath of enraged Swifties? Ask John Mayer or Kanye West how getting on the wrong side of Swift and her fans has worked out for them.
MSNBC of course
Thanks to the world of social "look at me" media, I can see Tay Tay's fans posting like crazy pics of them in line to vote and then with their "I voted" stickers. I wouldn't be surprised if they even have gatherings to wait in lines to be the first to post they voted.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag

So this weekend's win against Miami was because of Taylor? Damn, she's good.
Stat Monitor Repairman
No Spin Ag said:

So this weekend's win against Miami was because of Taylor? Damn, she's good.

If the Chiefs win the super bowl then it's Taylor Swift psyop confirmed.

If the Chiefs lose in the playoffs then it's blame Taylor Swift.

Sounds like we good either way and I'll be first out the gate with either outcome.
Stat Monitor Repairman

10th mountain should be called in to provide security. People in buffalo are crazy. Cant be too careful with this.

IndividualFreedom
Thanks for posting the Mass Psychosis video. That was stimulating mentally and visually.

So let's take some action following this video.

Those not consumed by the mass psychosis have begun building the parallel societies. For instance, I'm sure all of you have heard of parallel economies. i.e. purchasing goods/services from "Our" side. What would be some examples of other parallels? Education would be one. Private schools. Essentially mimic the ISD but in the private school sense. Allow the ISD to be for the mass psychosis crowd and the private education to 'mimic" it. What are more examples? We need to form a list.
heteroscedasticity
Taylor Swift Derangement Syndrome (TSDS) is running hot in this thread.

"The United States is in no sense founded upon the Christian doctrine"
-George Washington

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.