Israel/Hamas going at it

1,644,600 Views | 9762 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by HunterAggie
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/then-and-now-in-photos-new-satellite-imagery-from-gaza-city-shows-buildings-destroyed-1.6597238

I know it's hard to tell from above, but many of these buildings are towers.
BQ_90
AG
Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Dan Carlin said it perfectly in his Supernova in the East series. Something along the lines that those tactics did not come out of nowhere. But they came out of the insanity of the meat grinder that was that war.
I think Israel will be restrained as far as trying to limit casualties to Hamas. But I don't think they will be halting in their mission and will complete it.

I just finished Ep III a few minutes ago. The parallels between the atrocities and actions committed by the Japanese in WWII and Hamas now are strikingly similar.

The imperialist Japanese back then were real m'fers. Nuking their ass after listening to what they did is understandable. Israel doing what they say they are going to do here is understandable.
I would not have stopped with two atomic bombs. As fast as they could have been made, I'd have dropped them on major Japanese cities telling them the atrocities they committed come with a cost.
I have often thought that dropping the first in Tokyo Bay thereby reducing casualties, and then offering Japan the opportunity to surrender, might have been the better oprion. Don't judge me, I am to the right of the Tea Party and have no issue with the decisions made. Just a different perspective.

Not sure if Tokyo had POW near by, I know some targets were taken off the list because of risk of killing POWs. Also major reason why they didn't warn Japan if dropping the bomb, they where afraid,they'd pack the target with POWs
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

aggiehawg said:

Wait, what? Commercial flights are being allowed to leave and there are road routes available?

My father left Tel Aviv in a Turkish airliner on Tuesday night our 10pm time (their early Wednesday morning)

He's stuck in Istanbul now until tomorrow.

I think Turkish airlines are the only ones still flying in and out. It was a scary situation

Israel Airlines has been and is flying in and out regularly.
Sharpshooter
AG
BQ_90 said:

Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Dan Carlin said it perfectly in his Supernova in the East series. Something along the lines that those tactics did not come out of nowhere. But they came out of the insanity of the meat grinder that was that war.
I think Israel will be restrained as far as trying to limit casualties to Hamas. But I don't think they will be halting in their mission and will complete it.

I just finished Ep III a few minutes ago. The parallels between the atrocities and actions committed by the Japanese in WWII and Hamas now are strikingly similar.

The imperialist Japanese back then were real m'fers. Nuking their ass after listening to what they did is understandable. Israel doing what they say they are going to do here is understandable.
I would not have stopped with two atomic bombs. As fast as they could have been made, I'd have dropped them on major Japanese cities telling them the atrocities they committed come with a cost.
I have often thought that dropping the first in Tokyo Bay thereby reducing casualties, and then offering Japan the opportunity to surrender, might have been the better oprion. Don't judge me, I am to the right of the Tea Party and have no issue with the decisions made. Just a different perspective.

Not sure if Tokyo had POW near by, I know some targets were taken off the list because of risk of killing POWs. Also major reason why they didn't warn Japan if dropping the bomb, they where afraid,they'd pack the target with POWs
Points well taken. If the consideration of demonstration was discussed but discarded for legit reasons, I go back to my initial comment of no issue with the decisions taken.
one safe place
Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Though they had firebombed Tokyo, I read the decision to avoid dropping an atomic bomb on Tokyo was they did not want to kill Hirohito and that might have been wise given how things played out.
Claverack
one safe place said:

Rockdoc said:

Every time I see that video of the poor girl in the little SUV with the blood on her pants from being raped, my heart just breaks for her. She's probably dead by now.
That, and the thought of beheading babies, has me fine with them killing every living thing in Gaza. I don't care if they shoot them, burn them at the stake, torture them, or go Vlad the Impaler on them, they are not human and I am happy with all of them dying a slow and painful death.
This is where I've been from the moment I woke up to this news on Saturday morning. And my anger only increased when the reports came out of the execution of babies, the rapes and burnings of girls, the slaughter of the kids at the concert, and the murders of the old and infirm.

There are no innocents in Gaza. They were celebrating when this went down. The folks from Gaza who worked in these communities went back to Gaza and reported to Hamas on the lay of the land, the right time to show up, and how to access key facilities at just the right time when the most people could be killed.

Israel didn't make the rules here. Hamas did.

I hope they flatline that community and the terrorists they harbor and support.

Sea Speed
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rockdoc said:

Every time I see that video of the poor girl in the little SUV with the blood on her pants from being raped, my heart just breaks for her. She's probably dead by now.
Later videos of her face down in the back of a truck with her legs at odd angles, suggest she died that day.

That is not the same person
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Cyprus Airways, El Al, Israir, Challenge (cargo), and Tus Airways I see coming in and out.
jokershady
AG
TommyBrady said:

Whats going on tonight are attacks at High Value Targets as they are presented. Usually SIGINT is what is helping with targeting at night.

To all those discussing killing innocent people in war. I've killed innocent people even when we tried everything we could to not have it happen. War sucks but when it's necessary you need to be willing to do what it takes to protect your people and eliminate the threat.
yikes!

I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate your service!

But…yikes!
TAMUallen
AG
It has been quite quiet and dark after the big 445am blasts there.

Does anybody know what the one well lit area is?
aggiehawg
AG
Sea Speed said:

aggiehawg said:

Rockdoc said:

Later videos of her face down in the back of a truck with her legs at odd angles, suggest she died that day.

That is not the same person
I'm aware and apologized for the mistake several hours ago.
Old May Banker
AG
C@LAg said:

NSIAP:

HowdyTAMU
AG
The fact that I know this makes me question how much time I'm spending on here.
YouBet
AG
Israeli mascot of war! Unleash hell!

10thYrSr
Rockdoc said:

Watched the video, doesn't make it any less horrific but it looked like it could have been poop to me. Many women are taught to **** themselves to prevent rape. This doesn't in any way discount how horrible that video is.
Not a Bot
AG
His name is Steve, per the Live Chat.
jokershady
AG
HowdyTAMU said:

The fact that I know this makes me question how much time I'm spending on here.
haven't posted really at all but I've read every single post on here…..figured I'd be just as informed getting info here (if not more) than the dang tv
flashplayer
AG
10thYrSr said:

Rockdoc said:

Watched the video, doesn't make it any less horrific but it looked like it could have been poop to me. Many women are taught to **** themselves to prevent rape. This doesn't in any way discount how horrible that video is.

You need to get your eyes checked then homie. That was 100% blood. Not to mention, if she tried that on them she wouldn't have been walking around afterwards
agsalaska
AG
The Fife said:

A single data point, but I spotted an Omega 707-330C from my front yard this evening out on its way towards the Atlantic from Charleston. Nothing was following it, just more aerial refueling capability heading out towards whichever theater.

It was nice to see such a rare bird, but if contractors are being called out it sounds like things are going to be active for a while.
Awesome airplane

We are hearing explosions on Ft Hood for the first time in years tonight. It is possible that it is dynamite from the quarry but I dont think so.

We used to hear it weekly.
aggiehawg
AG
Live fire training?
TAMUallen
AG
flashplayer said:

10thYrSr said:

Rockdoc said:

You need to get your eyes checked then homie. That was 100% blood.

I won't watch it again but I agree because when I saw it I only thought blood.
Independence H-D
YouBet said:

Israeli mascot of war! Unleash hell!

WAR CHICKEN!!!
Ag In Ok
AG
Wait, what?

Egypt warned Israel something like this could occur.

" Egypt warned Israel three days before Hamas massacre - US congressman"

https://m.jpost.com/middle-east/article-767816

" On Monday, the Associated Press reported that an Egyptian intelligence official had said that Egypt had warned Israel repeatedly about "something big," but that this warning was downplayed as Israeli officials were focusing on the West Bank.
"We have warned them an explosion of the situation is coming, and very soon, and it would be big. But they underestimated such warnings," said the official to the AP."

" On Tuesday, Al-Monitor reported as well that senior Egyptian officials had warned Israel of an impending attack from Gaza, but that these warnings were not specific and not brought to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's attention.
On Wednesday, the Financial Times cited two unnamed officials as stating that Egyptian intelligence repeatedly warned Israel that the situation in the Gaza Strip could "explode." The officials added that there was no hard intelligence about a specific attack and this was only a "general warning.""

" The Prime Minister's Office has denied the reports, calling them "absolutely false" and stressing that "No message in advance has arrived from Egypt and the prime minister has neither spoken, nor met, with the head of Egyptian intelligence since the formation of the government, neither directly nor indirectly.""
Sharpshooter
AG
one safe place said:

Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Though they had firebombed Tokyo, I read the decision to avoid dropping an atomic bomb on Tokyo was they did not want to kill Hirohito and that might have been wise given how things played out.
Re-read. I did not say ON Tokyo.
agsalaska
AG
aggiehawg said:

Live fire training?
Thats what it sounds like.

YouBet
AG
Carlin's podcasts are also on Apple although alot of the older ones are no longer there. Or maybe it's the other way around....
aggiehawg
AG
agsalaska said:

aggiehawg said:

Live fire training?
Thats what it sounds like.

And you haven't heard it regularly for a long time?

That's not good, if you are correct on the source.
Sharpshooter
AG
Roosters are crowing. Most exciting thing tonight.
JobSecurity
AG
This is honestly incredible. Surgical precision
Who?mikejones!
Something noticeably absent on the streams tonight- sirens. Previous nights there was nearly always a siren to be heard coming or going.

Also just heard some big guns firing. Not bombs or rockets, but heavy weaponry or arty fire
Thaddeus Beauregard

Sharpshooter
AG
Prayer time.
Who?mikejones!
TAMUallen
AG
Sharpshooter said:

Prayer time.

Not sure when they sleep between bombs, roosters and 530am prayer time
ABATTBQ11
AG
Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

Sharpshooter said:

one safe place said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Re-read. I did not say ON Tokyo.

Would have made no difference, and we put something like 1/4 of the nation's resources into making just the 2 we used and the one we tested. We could not afford to waste one. Dropping the first one on a city didn't seem to convince the Japanese to surrender, so dropping one in the bay probably wouldn't have either. Dropping it on Hiroshima at least killed a lot military personnel and eliminated a lot of production capacity for war equipment in the event the Japanese refused to surrender after the second.
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 279

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.