Israel/Hamas going at it

1,655,844 Views | 9770 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by The Fall Guy
Wrec86 Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
richardag said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

War crimes are what you've seen from Hamas. FAFO

I am nowhere near an AOC supporter, but I don't think Hamas committing war crimes means that you should do so in return.

That makes you no better than they are.

If 56% of the country voted for Hamas, that means that 44% didn't. Do you want to be held accountable with your life for everything that Joe Biden does? (assuming you are a conservative)
Just what exact war crimes has the IDF committed? Be specific, not some exaggeration or hyperbole.

I was speaking about the posters here (and other sites) essentially saying to kill everyone in Gaza.

I wasn't saying that they have committed any.
Not a Bot
AG
We've only see a very few potshots of rockets over the last few days, maybe 10 at a time just a few times.

Wonder if Israel has been able to take out their supply.
Harry Stone
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

I am nowhere near an AOC supporter, but I don't think Hamas committing war crimes means that you should do so in return.

If 56% of the country voted for Hamas, that means that 44% didn't. Do you want to be held accountable with your life for everything that Joe Biden does? (assuming you are a conservative)

Those ****s should be exterminated. If Israel can prevent civilian casualties then fine but if those civilians wanna stay then they will suffer the consequences.
Wrec86 Ag
Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

You are correct . . . if the war crimes you are talking about are burning children alive, raping women, dragging men behind cars, making grandmothers log onto their Facebook live accounts so their families can witness their torture and murder.

But the "war crimes" she is talking about is turning off power to a hostile terrorist state and bombing said terrorist state. Those are not even remotely close.

I don't give a **** about power.

My only point was that you should avoid killing innocent people if possible. That statement shouldn't be THAT polarizing.
AgBQ-00
AG
Not a Bot said:

Looks like the power is out or at least much more so than before
JFABNRGR
AG
XXXVII said:

Faustus said:

JFABNRGR said:

Faustus said:

Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled the chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

If you were correct we would have seen them protected from both the takers and the spectators instead we saw them raped, sodomized, beaten, spit on and photographed.

Sadly they were trophies.

I think the atrocities were to provoke an overwhelming response to blow up rapprochement and further radicalize the non-Hamas populous of Gaza. Well that and they wanted to do it anyway.

Previously the going rate was 1 Israeli hostage for 1,000 prisoners. I guess we will see down the road whether there are living hostages, or as you put it dead trophies.

Israel should execute all of their prisoners and dump them in gaza.

Thats the other point i missed in my post about hostage exchange. Its quite naive to think that Hamas cares one bit about their 5000 prisoners. They only want them back to martyr them in other terroristic acts against infidels.
aggiehawg
AG
Not a Bot said:

We've only see a very few potshots of rockets over the last few days, maybe 10 at a time just a few times.

Wonder if Israel has been able to take out their supply.
Or, they are holding them back to do a coordinated attack with Hezbollah from Lebanon, Syria and Gaza later?
Joes
Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

I agree with you in principle, but in practice it often doesn't work. It should be understood that not everyone you fight or kill is personally responsible, but sometimes that can't be helped. In WWII not every German or German soldier was a Nazi, but what do you do, have a Q&A with each one as you encounter them to see if they supported Hitler or not?

And I agree with you about war crimes not being acceptable, but the whole "no better than them" argument I think is sometimes exaggerated too. If someone walks up and punches you in the face and you punch them in the face back I don't think it should be argued that both sides were equally wrong.
XXXVII
Wrec86 Ag said:

Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

You are correct . . . if the war crimes you are talking about are burning children alive, raping women, dragging men behind cars, making grandmothers log onto their Facebook live accounts so their families can witness their torture and murder.

But the "war crimes" she is talking about is turning off power to a hostile terrorist state and bombing said terrorist state. Those are not even remotely close.

My only point was that you should avoid killing innocent people if possible. That statement shouldn't be THAT polarizing.

They teach their kids over there to hate Jews. Just future terrorists in the making. Wipe them out. If they didn't support hamas they wouldn't still be living there. They elected hamas to lead them.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Ag87H2O
AG
LMCane said:

Ag87H2O said:

"We will wipe Hamas off the Face of the Earth" " "Hamas is an Enemy that needs to be exterminated by all means." - Former-Minister of Defense, Benny Gantz

"Every Hamas operative will die ... we will crush them and get rid of them." - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

Throughout all the acts of terror and war from their enemies over the years, I have not ever heard this kind of united resolve from Israel. If any world leader thinks they are going to stop what's coming they are sadly mistaken. Hamas made a major miscalculation in allowing themselves to be the pawns of the Iranians. And if I were in leadership in Iran, I would be sleeping with one eye open because I doubt they'll be imune from what's coming either. It may take time, but the Israelis have a long memory and significant capability.
[url=https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1712206467997004061/photo/1][/url]

I'm not sure that is an exact translation of what they said.

do you have an actual link to their own words?

Direct translation and quotes. 2:55 minute mark in the video. There's no question in my mind they mean business.

Hamas made an existential mistake, and they need to be put down like rabid dogs.
ABATTBQ11
AG
XXXVII said:

Faustus said:

JFABNRGR said:

Faustus said:

Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled the chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

If you were correct we would have seen them protected from both the takers and the spectators instead we saw them raped, sodomized, beaten, spit on and photographed.

Sadly they were trophies.

I think the atrocities were to provoke an overwhelming response to blow up rapprochement and further radicalize the non-Hamas populous of Gaza. Well that and they wanted to do it anyway.

Previously the going rate was 1 Israeli hostage for 1,000 prisoners. I guess we will see down the road whether there are living hostages, or as you put it dead trophies.

Israel should execute all of their prisoners and dump them in gaza.

Don't execute them. Give them a helicopter ride.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

I am far from a pacifist. Kill every single one of those terrorists.

But just because they killed Jewish babies doesn't make killing Gaza babies any better. Do what you can to minimize innocent loss of life.

To accomplish killing every single one, collateral damage will happen. Get over it and don't lose sleep. They made their bed, now they can die in it… the same way so many of their victims did.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Rebel Yell
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

It is not polarizing, just naive.

Of course you do what you can to minimize killing innocent people. But war is nasty and war is messy.

You sitting on your couch saying 'think of the children' probably sounds righteous in your head, but it comes across, as I said, incredibly naive.
Ferg
Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

and the purpose of turning that power off is to impair the command and control capabilities of the terrorist army that attacked them.
Ag In Ok
AG
Worth the listen:

TennAg05
Did you not see the video of them celebrating in the streets of Gaza as they brought hostages in. Men women and children all spitting and hitting the victims. Their kids beating Jewish kids. There are no innocents in that place. They brainwash them from the beginning. Soft times indeed over here.
Psycho Bunny
AgBQ-00 said:

Not a Bot said:

Looks like the power is out or at least much more so than before
Lots of night time explosions going on.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
aggiehawg said:

Wait, what? Commercial flights are being allowed to leave and there are road routes available?

My father left Tel Aviv in a Turkish airliner on Tuesday night our 10pm time (their early Wednesday morning)

He's stuck in Istanbul now until tomorrow.

I think Turkish airlines are the only ones still flying in and out. It was a scary situation
JFABNRGR
AG
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

aggiehawg said:

Wait, what? Commercial flights are being allowed to leave and there are road routes available?

My father left Tel Aviv in a Turkish airliner on Tuesday night our 10pm time (their early Wednesday morning)

He's stuck in Istanbul now until tomorrow.

I think Turkish airlines are the only ones still flying in and out. It was a scary situation

Glad he is partly out.

El Al, Malta, & Romania have been flying in and out.
TAMUallen
AG
For Biden now bringing up the rules of war and AOC saying the Israelis are committing war crimes against the poor innocent people of Gaza....

We firebombed 67 Japanese cities killing anywhere from 200,000 people to 1 million. It's war. It isn't a White House bbq
Not a Bot
AG

Quote:

At least three Hamas terrorists are being treated in hospitals in Israel alongside Israelis injured in the deadly attacks, Israeli news site Ynet reported Wednesday.

Hospital officials said they were forced to accommodate them, and urged the Health Ministry to transfer them to a closed military facility.

Fearing a lynching, the Health Ministry asked hospital security guards to protect them and prepare for unrest, caused by Israeli citizens seeking revenge. After the release of this information, Health Minister Moshe Arbel asked Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to treat terrorists in public hospitals.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/1697050407-controversy-as-hamas-terrorists-are-treated-in-israeli-hospitals
XXXVII
Treat them with a dose of lead
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Joes
TAMUallen said:

For Biden now bringing up the rules of war and AOC saying the Israelis are committing war crimes against the poor innocent people of Gaza....

We firebombed 67 Japanese cities killing anywhere from 200,000 people to 1 million. It's war. It isn't a White House bbq
Yeah but no one in the west would do that now. And no, I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't have done it then, what I'm saying is that we are so far removed from real war now that I don't think we're capable of doing that stuff, even if justified.

For 80 years now our idea of war has been to "win the hearts and minds of the opponent" and make sure we're "at war with their government or leader but not the people" and all the other crap we've heard. We've gone from the War Department to the Defense Department. Our military has spent as much effort and time over the last 80 years building schools and roads and providing humanitarian/disaster relief around the world as a glorified peace corps or CCC as actually fighting. We don't even declare or have real wars, we have "Police Actions". We're basically at the point where we can only fight as long as we don't hurt anyone's feelings.

Almost every action for decades has been done with restrictive rules of engagement. I just don't think we have the capacity or stomach to be brutal anymore even if we needed to be. Even if you want to argue the military can still be (which I doubt) the political leaders in charge of them certainly can't.

So we get these half-assed Vietnam/Afghanistan things where we just park troops overseas for decades with no end goal and trade shots while trying to befriend the locals. We don't even know how to really win anymore, I don't think.

Ags4DaWin
Can one of you Texags All-Stars point me to the thread or post where the Hamas Leader is calling for an international day of Muslim anger which could be code for terrorist attacks worldwide?

Posting here because it is an active thread.

Gone through the first 3 pages twice and have not been able to find.

And don't want to start a redundant thread
Claverack
When you give too much of a damn for protecting "innocent" civilians...

...bad things happen to people who don't deserve to die.

The rules of engagement have been set by these cretins. Live by the Prophet. Die by the Prophet.

No Spin Ag
TAMUallen said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Israel needs to be deaf to anything any other country says to them. This is their war they should act on it as they see fit.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
3rd and 2
AG
When it's all said and done, can the Israelis take like 80% of the Gaza Strip and squeeze the survivors into a 20% in addition to killing all of Hamas?
TAMUallen
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Can one of you Texags All-Stars point me to the thread or post where the Hamas Leader is calling for an international day of Muslim anger which could be code for terrorist attacks worldwide?

Posting here because it is an active thread.

Gone through the first 3 pages twice and have not been able to find.

And don't want to start a redundant thread

I'm not sure if there's another thread but...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12613759/Hamas-calls-mobilization-Arab-Islamic-world-Friday-support-Gaza.html

'This is an appeal to our Palestinian people and the masses of the Arab and Islamic world and people of the free world,' the Hamas leaders said on Telegram. 'We are announcing the general mobilisation on Friday in order to support Jerusalem, Al-Aqsa and the struggling Gaza.'
Ags4DaWin
Thanks!
BBRex
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

I'll explain the difference to you. Hamas had individual terrorists specifically target women, children and the elderly for torture, rape and murder. Israel, in an attempt to wipe the vermin who did this off the face of the earth, has already provided warning and aimed for targets with military value. Some civilians have been killed and maimed in the process, but violence was not targeted at them. Hope that helps.
aggiehawg
AG

I think the original youtube video has been taken down or made private. Which is even worse, if you think about it.
Ags4DaWin
MaroonStain said:

Agthatbuilds said:

The Squad is putting in OT. First, Illhan Brother Boinker said 'mostly children' and now AOC Horse Face Dimwit states 'nearly half children'.

By my numbers, that means >>>500k adult male fighters. This will be a long, nasty process.

For this purpose they consider males younger than 25 children.

Just like the leftist media considers any African american male younger than 25 a child if they feel they can create a crisis out of it.

It makes their narrative sound better, even if the "children" are gun toting terrorists.
Robert L. Peters
These bros hate the tie. The Ahmadinejad Slouch would be a good name for this look. Personally, I think Arafat rocked the shawl.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Stlkofta said:

When you give too much of a damn for protecting "innocent" civilians...

...bad things happen to people who don't deserve to die.

The rules of engagement have been set by these cretins. Live by the Prophet. Die by the Prophet.

The rules of engagement are useless against an enemy that doesn't abide by them. God only knows how many of our soldiers have been killed over the years due to the ROE. Veterans I know who served in Iraq and Afghanistan talked about how they hated basically always having one hand tied behind their backs.
Who?mikejones!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2023/10/11/israel-hamas-war-americans-taken-from-kibbutz/71134248007/

Story of American hostage

Quote:

An American mom, 67, spent her life advocating for Palestinian rights. Now she's a Hamas hostage.

Quote:

Flash, 67, originally from St. Paul, Minnesota, is one of them. She lives in Kfar Aza, a kibbutz in southern Israel near Gaza, where some of the most harrowing and grisly stories have been emerging over the past few days.

Quote:

Cindy and Igal's home in Kfar Aza sits right next to the security fence Hamas militants broke through Saturday morning as they attacked Israel by land, sea and air.

First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 280

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.