You hate to see it (Women's World Cup, U.S. loses)

23,308 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Secolobo
gtaggie_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Many commentators and people who follow soccer have been attuned to this simple fact: the US Soccer system of keeping these older washed up players on the payroll because of insurance and benefits has caused the US to get passed up by other countries. With skunk hair and honestly Alex Morgan too running around playing activist instead of training seriously. It also kept the washed up players on the team for the money and for name recognition instead of building up these younger players to be ready for the world stage. The days of the US running out the 11 most athletic and well trained players and dominating are over. It's up the US Soccer to have these hard talks and bring in a newer younger generation
BCG Disciple
AG

aggiedata
AG
All smiles

oldcrow91
AG
Never miss the goal. Make the goalie make a play.
45-70Ag
AG
Didn't see any of it, but glad they lost and glad they lost with that pig missing the kick.

I don't want to use her name but she's reprehensible, vile and everything that's wrong with current attention hoor culture wrapped up in one ugly body.

Whatever retirement looks like for her, I sincerely hope it's unfulfilling, agonizing and provides misery.
aezmvp
I love soccer, I've watched every US MNT and WNT game at the World Cup for more than 20 years. That WNT doesn't represent me anymore so I didn't this year. Didn't miss it. Way to alienate your fans ladies.
96AgGrad
AG
I'm glad Rapino lost, but if you actually enjoy soccer (as I do), go check out the highlights of the game. Brilliant defending by the Swedish goalkeeper all match long, because the US had plenty of great chances. Definite MVP.

A lot of the penalty kicks were godawful though. For all their talk about equality with men they need to put up or shut up.
Ag with kids
AG
pdc093 said:

Rapinoe's getting roasted.....

Why would she give a ***** She got paid WAY more this year to lose than she ever got to win and it's all because she took money from the guys...

This is a WIN in her book.
doubledog
oldcrow91 said:

Never miss the goal. Make the goalie make a play.

Wow, missed the whole goal... We should have sent a trans in for the free kick.
agz win
AG
Another 0-0 score for 90 plus minutes. So glad I forgot it was on and sleeping.
Showertime at the Bidens

I have a hard time believing that there wasn't a more qualified and younger woman that deserved to be on the team instead.

TyHolden
AG
Wrecking Crew 21
Rapinoe may be ok but she is a lot better in her own mind than in reality!
HTownAg98
Zarathustra said:

I have a hard time believing that there wasn't a more qualified and younger woman that deserved to be on the team instead.

Not that hard to believe.player development the last couple of years has been atrocious.
TequilaMockingbird
Wrecking Crew 21
When you don't have much character it is hard to be coached!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Maybe the next teams identity will actually involve soccer.
ShaggySLC
Wrecking Crew 21 said:

The race to scapegoat the coach has already started. Carli Lloyd said he looked weak right after the game. The players were more worried about their pregame protest against America than winning. They deserve all of it.
YouBet
AG
https://www.wsj.com/sports/soccer/us-sweden-penalty-shootout-womens-world-cup-967932f9?st=px2gtsptfy9avgh&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Brutal.

Quote:

The U.S. women's soccer team entered this World Cup aiming to become the first ever to win a third consecutive title. Instead, the Americans have left the tournament with a different, devastating milestone: its worst major-tournament finish ever.
Quote:

Entering Sunday's game, the Americans had gotten off a slew of shots but converted just 6.4% of them into goals, according to Stats Performthe second-lowest behind Jamaica among the 16 teams in the knockout round. The U.S. also missed 13 big chances at goal, the worst of the bunch.

Smith and Horan were the only U.S. players to score during the run of play in this World Cup, with two goals apiece over four games. Alex Morgan, after whom U.S. TV broadcaster Fox fashioned a 20-foot statue of Liberty in a pre-tournament promotion, didn't score once.
waitwhat?
Not a Bot said:

The women were making something like 20% of the revenue they were bringing in, the men something like 7%.

The women went around griping about how much less money they were making than the men and pressured the men to renegotiate their contract to make less money so the women could be given more.

It would be like the WNBA players making the same as the NBA players. They manipulated the press to make the idea sound reasonable to a gullible public.

Then they lose to a Dallas-area youth boys team.

Then they play like hot turd on a San Francisco sidewalk in the World Cup, take home the millions they never deserved and Rapinoe laughs like it doesn't matter when she misses the PK.

That's not how the contract was negotiated. This is the best part. They don't just get paid more when they play, it's that they split the award money with the men when the MNT and WNT make the World Cup in the same cycle, which never happens because the MNT sucks ass. They'll never get the millions the men would, in theory, get.

They did it this way because the old contract had the WNT forego award money in exchange for a salary, so when they won the World Cup they didn't get anything extra (maybe they got a little). And I bet right now they wish they stuck with their guaranteed salary.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
YouBet
AG
gtaggie_08 said:

Many commentators and people who follow soccer have been attuned to this simple fact: the US Soccer system of keeping these older washed up players on the payroll because of insurance and benefits has caused the US to get passed up by other countries. With skunk hair and honestly Alex Morgan too running around playing activist instead of training seriously. It also kept the washed up players on the team for the money and for name recognition instead of building up these younger players to be ready for the world stage. The days of the US running out the 11 most athletic and well trained players and dominating are over. It's up the US Soccer to have these hard talks and bring in a newer younger generation
Different thread and sport but this is now happening in women's gymnastics as well due to a different reason - NIL.

All of the prior Olympic stars that had retired or planned to retire are competing again in next Olympics which is blocking fresh faces from rising up.
Ag with kids
AG
agent-maroon said:

Doc Hayworth said:

Or making sammiches!
Would you really want to eat any sammich that she had made for you? I wouldn't without a food taster and some witnesses. Probably not even then.
It would probably be a tuna sammich...her favorite.
YouBet
AG
waitwhat? said:

Not a Bot said:

The women were making something like 20% of the revenue they were bringing in, the men something like 7%.

The women went around griping about how much less money they were making than the men and pressured the men to renegotiate their contract to make less money so the women could be given more.

It would be like the WNBA players making the same as the NBA players. They manipulated the press to make the idea sound reasonable to a gullible public.

Then they play like hot turd on a San Francisco sidewalk in the World Cup, take home the millions they never deserved and Rapinoe laughs like it doesn't matter when she misses the PK.

That's not how the contract was negotiated. This is the best part. They don't just get paid more when they play, it's that they split the award money with the men when the MNT and WNT make the World Cup in the same cycle, which never happens because the MNT sucks ass. They'll never get the millions the men would, in theory, get.

They did it this way because the old contract had the WNT forego award money in exchange for a salary, so when they won the World Cup they didn't get anything extra (maybe they got a little). And I bet right now they wish they stuck with their guaranteed salary.
They both made it this cycle though. So how is the money split? I have forgotten the particulars.
MB19
AG
What is really telling are the remarks (not only here, but on other sites, social media, etc) and how happy Americans are to see the USWNT eliminated. Talk about making enemies out of your (former) supporters.

Brilliant. Go woke. Go home. Good. Maybe in the future I can root for a USWNT at a Women's World Cup.
ShaggySLC
MB19 said:

What is really telling are the remarks (not only here, but on other sites, social media, etc) and how happy Americans are to see the USWNT eliminated. Talk about making enemies out of your (former) supporters.

Brilliant. Go woke. Go home. Good. Maybe in the future I can root for a USWNT at a Women's World Cup.
The media and politicians have bowed at their feet for so long, receiving the other side is going to be a cold slap to most of them. Twitter post are not very sympathetic and like you mentioned a lot of joy in their downfall. Hopefully they'll shut up and play soccer now but I doubt it.

This commercial: Apparently all it takes is Sweden

Shoefly!
AG
Ag with kids said:

agent-maroon said:

Doc Hayworth said:

Or making sammiches!
Would you really want to eat any sammich that she had made for you? I wouldn't without a food taster and some witnesses. Probably not even then.
It would probably be a tuna sammich...her favorite.

Clam chowder
agz win
AG
Wrecking Crew 21 said:

As an example, see donald's current and former attorneys.
BallerStaf2003
AG

But yeah I do agree Megan rapinoe sucks.
Ag with kids
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Nothing says THE INTERNET more than not understanding that "rooting against *checks notes* the literal U.S national team" is an example of "*checks notes* peacefully exercised freedom of speech"
Demosthenes81
AG
I just want to congratulate the USWNT for their hard work.

They have finally reached equality with the men on the field of play.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Nazis and Pedos exercise freedom of speech too. That's not why we don't support those groups. Liberals are an embarrassment
StoneCold99
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Nothing says AMERICA FIRST quite like the literal women's national team DESPISING the country that provided them the opportunity to be there in the first place, while actively disrespecting said country WHILE THEY WORE it's colors.
TheMasterplan
waitwhat? said:

Not a Bot said:

The mens team has only missed on world cup since 1990 I believe.

They don't suck ass. Dumb contract regardless and hope the men's team gets a better deal next time around.
FTAG 2000
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Someone should explain to Pablo that everyone enjoying this team losing and expressing it are also exercising THEIR freedom of speech.

Al Bula
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

nice try.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.