You hate to see it (Women's World Cup, U.S. loses)

23,317 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Secolobo
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The US goalie makes a hell of an effort on the last kick.

LeonardSkinner
Just thinking out loud…

Is there a trend developing where the faces of American women's sports crumble in the biggest moments?

Naomi Osaka, tennis. Mental health and myriad injuries.
Simone Biles, gymnastics. Mental health, right before the chance to cement herself as the GOAT of the competition (that she'd already proclaimed herself to be).
Megan Rapinoe. Substituted in for one job, what may be the most pressure packed situation in international sports, and scuffed it.
TheEternalPessimist
StandUpforAmerica said:

Rapinoe is one of the ones to miss a penalty kick and the U.S. women's team gets knocked out. Can the next batch of players please be proud to represent the U.S.
A great day for America!

sonnysixkiller
AG
Hahahahahhahahahahahahhahha !!!!!!!!!!!!
one safe place
All the sweeter the way they lost, including Peter Pan not only missing but missing so badly. Has to sting losing to a country about the size of California with like 1/30th of our population. Have to do a better job of putting athletes on the team whose focus is winning and not those with an agenda.
halfastros81
AG
I'm just shocked so many people actually pay any attention to this .
txaggieacct85
AG
just due for those disrespecting our country.
Logos Stick
Aggie Apotheosis said:

I will admit that I don't watch soccer and have no idea who Megan Rapenhoe is or what she has said/done that has gotten under your skin but Teddy Roosevelt had some words that y'all might want to consider:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

txaggieacct85
AG
halfastros81 said:

I'm just shocked so many people actually pay any attention to this .
I havent watched one second of the ladies world cup, but ESPN had it plastered on their front page day after day after day.
halfastros81
AG
That explains why I haven't seen it. They do of course try to shove it down our throats during national baseball broadcasts but I have developed auto tune out of commercials
TRM
AG

Aston04
AG
We are all Swedish today.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Joseph Robinette Biden really is the biggest loser of all time.

Urban Ag
AG
In fairness, I've never watched a minute of soccer, men or women, before the women's team went commie or after. This is a tree falling in the forest that I wasn't going to hear one way or the other.
DDub74
Just watched the highlights. Very exciting game and US had numerous SOG. They should have won. But maybe Karma had other plans.

I sick and tired of all this US hating going on. I'm making a new bumper sticker "Don't like it here, GTFO" with American flag as background.

Nothing more ironic then to use the blanket of freedom this country provides to then **** on it using this freedom and how much the US sucks. Go live in Cuba, Mexico, Russia, any Middle East country then.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
DDub74 said:

Just watched the highlights. Very exciting game and US had numerous SOG. They should have won. But maybe Karma had other plans.

I sick and tired of all this US hating going on. I'm making a new bumper sticker "Don't like it here, GTFO" with American flag as background.

Nothing more ironic then to use the blanket of freedom this country provides to then **** on it using this freedom and how much the US sucks. Go live in Cuba, Mexico, Russia, any Middle East country then.
You are talking about the team - anthem haters and USA haters as a result!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
halfastros81
AG
I think there are a lot of us that feel the same. The problem is there are a whole load working from within to fundamentally change it and frankly they seem to be having success … with the help of certain aforementioned useful idiots.
C@LAg
Aston04 said:

their lesbians are much hotter looking than our lesbians.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Bucketrunner
"Nothing says AMERICA FIRST quite like the literal women's national team DESPISING the country that provided them the opportunity to be there in the first place, while actively disrespecting said country WHILE THEY WORE it's colors."

Goes for the women's Olympic basketball team, too.
StandUpforAmerica
Soccer doesn't appear to be highest on her priority list...

LeonardSkinner
C@LAg said:

Aston04 said:

To be fair, you could probably say the same about their straight women as well.
fc2112
one safe place said:

All the sweeter the way they lost, including Peter Pan not only missing but missing so badly.
This is the equivalent of missing a layup shot in basketball.

So it's really appropriate for women's soccer.
fc2112
C@LAg said:

Aston04 said:

post match celebration.

i is smart
AG
Why was a washed up Rapinoe kicking PKs?
Psycho Bunny
Lord Goldeneyes said:

Why was a washed up Rapinoe kicking PKs?
When the game goes into shootouts, you choose your 5 best players for pentyl kicks. When it goes into extra kicks, you start using your other players. Rapinoe in the past has been a solid kicker when the game goes into a shootout.

If only the U.S. team had a transfemale on the squad, they wouldn't have lost to Sweden.

Garrelli 5000
AG
Aggie Apotheosis said:

I will admit that I don't watch soccer and have no idea who Megan Rapenhoe is or what she has said/done that has gotten under your skin but Teddy Roosevelt had some words that y'all might want to consider:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Make it a habit of being ignorant and proving it on other topics?
Staff - take out the trash.
Ag with kids
AG
DDub74 said:

You're addressing this to the USWNT, right?
Nanomachines son
pdc093 said:

Rapinoe's getting roasted.....

Perfect and prophetic
YouBet
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

Good lord. And that's why they lost.

Activism over the sport.
Who?mikejones!
StandUpforAmerica said:

The funny thing- it's not equal pay. The uswnt is getting a bigger % of the pie relative to what they produce.

It's why ****ty ass rapinoe was even on this team- so she could eat her piece of pie. It certainly wasn't ability. That left her long ago.

The historical success of the uswnt is at least partially, if not entirely, due to those women being born and raised in the United States. The US has, until recently, been one of the few countries where a woman pursuing a career as a professional athlete was promoted and invested in, not told it was a crazy idea. The training opportunities were, for a long time, unique to us.

Now that many other countries are pouring resources into professional women's athletics, this edge is gone and we're left with some entitled ladies awash in leftist politics.

It was only a couple years ago when a uswnt player was bullied because of her religious values by rapinoe and her brownshirts.

It's hard for me to get into the MLS, usmnt, or uswnt because they have taken a side in our political debate. The MLS is hard left. There's a strong connection with lgbtq groups. I've even seen some antifa and commie flags at MLS games. No media person says a thing. Contrast that with a garage door pull that looked like a noose in Nascar that started an fbi investigation.

It's clear over the last few years the uswnt had flaws and were distracted. It's also clear their new money deal led to players not leaving when they should have, therefore leaving us with a talent issue.

To be fair, the uswnt has quite a few players who couldn't participate in this cup due to injury and that probably made this much more difficult than it already was. But, many other teams are also missing key players due to injury.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

Jesus. Think it but don't say it, moron. LOL
EX TEXASEX
SuhrThang
She should have tried a "scissor" kick.
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
johnnyblaze36
AG
YouBet said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

Good lord. And that's why they lost.

Activism over the sport.
She couldn't even fake cry properly with authenticity.

If I had to rank my least three favorite athletes of the modern era it goes:

1. LeBron James
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Megan Rapinoe

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.