You hate to see it (Women's World Cup, U.S. loses)

23,319 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Secolobo
StandUpforAmerica
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapinoe is one of the ones to miss a penalty kick and the U.S. women's team gets knocked out. Can the next batch of players please be proud to represent the U.S.
fordmd
AG
Poetic justice
Feels good to watch such misguided " preachiness" go down
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ClickClack
AG
Go woke, go home
ClickClack
AG
And, Sweden made me a little money
rgag12
AG
Ironic that the best result for America is the loss of its own team, but it's a great day for Americans who love their country.
crowman2010
AG
rgag12 said:

Ironic that the best result for America is the loss of its own team, but it's a great day for Americans who love their country.

Complete 180 from the miracle on ice from the 1980s. Shameful really.
ShaggySLC
crowman2010 said:

rgag12 said:

All that bluster, commercials with NFL players saying the woman play on a way bigger stage than they do, complaints on money, talking down to Americans and they lose out earlier than they ever have. Its way past time they get back to worrying about soccer.
jt16
AG
Didn't watch a second of the World Cup. This is the first time in my life I wanted the US to lose,
Coog97
crowman2010 said:

rgag12 said:

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Not a Bot
AG
The women were making something like 20% of the revenue they were bringing in, the men something like 7%.

The women went around griping about how much less money they were making than the men and pressured the men to renegotiate their contract to make less money so the women could be given more.

It would be like the WNBA players making the same as the NBA players. They manipulated the press to make the idea sound reasonable to a gullible public.

Then they lose to a Dallas-area youth boys team.

Then they play like hot turd on a San Francisco sidewalk in the World Cup, take home the millions they never deserved and Rapinoe laughs like it doesn't matter when she misses the PK.
FCBlitz
Sports in general for me has completely lost its magic. I guess the Olympics will morph into the Hunger Games at some point.

If I am able to stop watching the Aggies play football as soon a clown opens their mouth about Sully or and other made up complaint….I can also stop watching USWNT until time goes by and the fake act goes away.

I have made it a point to try to minimize what I by from woke companies. I have pretty much giving up the NFL. It has been replaced with Major League Fishing.

Anyway, know we get the luxury to hear from the Rapinoe's of the world about how America let them down. They have cashed in, ruined it for others and will fade away.

Harry Stone
AG
Haha
pdc093
Rapinoe's getting roasted.....

Al Bula
AG
Doc Hayworth
Or making sammiches!
DrEvazanPhD
Rapinoe doesn't give a ***** She's got her purple hair endorsements, she'll "write" a book, talk about how the loss was someone else's (namely white conservative straight men's) fault, and make bank. She's an awful person and she sold her team out. Wouldn't be surprised if she sets women's soccer back in the same way Obama did about race relations
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Should have had a dude kick it right blue hair ???

Bwahshahshahahahahshshaha
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Kenneth_2003
AG
I have no doubt that Rapinoe was a cancer on that squad.

I didn't watch a minute of it, but the commentary I saw on TV and elsewhere described their play as uninspired. It's also worth noting the commentary on another thread here (I believe) on Friday. Due to the revenue sharing deal US Soccer put together between the men's team and the women's team the Women were already slated to make more money just by showing up than had they won the tournament outright.
itsyourboypookie
Equal pay, equal outcomes
ShaggySLC
StandUpforAmerica
Kenneth_2003 said:

I have no doubt that Rapinoe was a cancer on that squad.

I agree. She was the obvious cancer on the squad. That's why I think this is easily fixable. She retires, and then they focus on playing soccer and being proud to represent this country. I can dream, can't I?
HarryJ33tamu
Rapinoe is a huge POS
StandUpforAmerica
FTAG 2000
AG
pdc093 said:

I finally agree with Rapinoe on something. She's a joke.
Muy
AG
Finally something refreshing and good to wake up to.
Wabs
AG
YouBet
AG
Pains me to say it but I'm glad they lost. They needed to lose to force them into a reckoning. Will that happen? Depends on how metastasized the Rapinoe Cancer is.

She's old and washed up so she was going to retire anyway. Let's hope the team recognizes how toxic she was and purges women like her from the team.

Also looks like Carly Lloyd(?) has been vindicated with her comments this week about this team not being focused on the task at hand.
BaileyAg
AG
FCBlitz said:

Sports in general for me has completely lost its magic.

TyHolden
AG
Kozmozag
What a loser.
Logos Stick
agent-maroon
AG
pdc093 said:

Is this really the face that women want representing them in soccer? Or anything else?

What a selfish POS
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zephyr88
AG

~ Most of America
agent-maroon
AG
Doc Hayworth said:

Or making sammiches!
Would you really want to eat any sammich that she had made for you? I wouldn't without a food taster and some witnesses. Probably not even then.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.