You hate to see it (Women's World Cup, U.S. loses)

23,323 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Secolobo
CheeseSndwch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She could have gone out a winner but she chose to continue to use the national team as a political platform to further her agenda. F' her.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
You forgot the loss of Macario as well. I agree with everything you wrote.
fixer
Hmmm… I was told that more money would prevent this situation.

Weird.

Kinda like reparations.
Owlagdad
This circus's was created by media, who took a loud mouth player who wouldn't be happy if you bathed her in cash and gave her a podium instead of reporting who what and how. Thank goodness A&M didn't hire journalism head that does this instead of telling truth.
Sq4fish83
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I am not surprised that Sweeden defeated the US 5-4 on penalty kicks to eliminate the US from the women's world cup. After the US defeated Vietnam 3-0, they struggled to a 1-1 draw against the Netherlands and 0-0 draw against Portugal in their previous matchups. This is poetic justice the consequence of the US women's soccer team spending too way too much time on woke agenda instead of improving their skills.

So when you agree with their politics, it's not a distraction?

They had some key injuries and their coach struggled to put them in the best possible situation. If you think they lost because of their politics, you are out of touch.

The little blue haired boy divided the team with her bull***** Not everyone on the team agrees with glorifying mental illness. YOU are out of touch and it's proven with every post you make
GeorgiAg
AG
The think that pissed me off the most about Rapidhoe is that she made me dislike a sports team representing the USA.

Go away beotch.
Rocky Rider
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Ag with kids said:

Somerset said:

I despise the politics so much on this team. I'm happy to see them sent home and shut down.

Besides equal pay, what were the politics of the team?
Kneeling for the anthem and then, later, standing, but refusing to put their hand over their hearts...

You know, the kind of petty political **** that people watch sports TO AVOID.

Rap was also all about bio men playing women's soccer

Probably mainly because she's washed up and it won't impact her career now
Not one female deserves to be shutout of an opportunity to play on the women's national team because of her position. Nice gesture on her part to female athletes of the world.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
So they're incapable of compartmentalizing and being professionals? Sorry, I don't buy it. Just like I don't think a "lack of practice" led them to being knocked out. This team already had some flaws and injuries didn't help.

Some of you are acting like you won something because they lost. Lots of projecting.

And I don't agree with anything Rapinoe "fought for". So don't come at me with that weak ass *****
evan_aggie
AG
Wait, there was a game? Who was playing?

Pumpkinhead
AG
The Posters here hate every player on the team, hate everyone on the coaching and training staff, hate every fan of the team or anyone who was associated or supported it in any way, and hate the country that funded and sent the team over there?

Or just hate a player or two in particular but are quite content that the entire organization and fanbase were disappointed just so that particular player or two were disappointed?
akm91
AG

You forgot the loss of Macario as well. I agree with everything you wrote.
I didn't list Macario (Mewis, Press and a few others) because she hasn't played with the team in over a year so her loss should have had minimal impact to the WC. Pugh and Sauerbraunn's injury happend in the last few months which left Vlatko little time to adjust.
EclipseAg
AG
We'll likely never know how much of a distraction -- or downright cancer -- Rapinoe and others were in the locker room.

The media is already bending over backwards to compile hagiographies of Rapinoe and paint her detractors as sexist, etc. So they would never dig into that storyline. Look what happened to Carli Lloyd when she dared to criticism them.

The other players are intimidated because they've seen how their teammates were bullied in the past for not going along with the protests.

But any time you have someone who puts his/her personal platform above the team, you have someone who is creating dissension. It's human nature. And dissension makes it difficult to perform as a team.
DrEvazanPhD
Pumpkinhead said:

The Posters here hate every player on the team, hate everyone on the coaching and training staff, hate every fan of the team or anyone who was associated or supported it in any way, and hate the country that funded and sent the team over there?

Or just hate a player or two in particular but are quite content that the entire organization and fanbase were disappointed just so that particular player or two were disappointed?

I didn't see any of the other players standing up to that purple haired ***** when she said she was ok with men taking spots on the women's team.
mustang1234
Should have spent more time practicing instead of doing Subway Commercials and Protesting.
mustang1234
evan_aggie said:

My thoughts exactly!!
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
And if you didn't see it publicly, it obviously never happened.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Macario is probably the best player on the team.
NASAg03
EclipseAg said:

We'll likely never know how much of a distraction -- or downright cancer -- Rapinoe and others were in the locker room.

The media is already bending over backwards to compile hagiographies of Rapinoe and paint her detractors as sexist, etc. So they would never dig into that storyline. Look what happened to Carli Lloyd when she dared to criticism them.

The other players are intimidated because they've seen how their teammates were bullied in the past for not going along with the protests.

But any time you have someone who puts his/her personal platform above the team, you have someone who is creating dissension. It's human nature. And dissension makes it difficult to perform as a team.
If it can happen on a college team at U Penn with Lia Thomas, how much more on a national level where everyone has to appear united? Dissenting options have most definitely been muted.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
NASAg03

So they're incapable of compartmentalizing and being professionals? Sorry, I don't buy it. Just like I don't think a "lack of practice" led them to being knocked out. This team already had some flaws and injuries didn't help.

Some of you are acting like you won something because they lost. Lots of projecting.

And I don't agree with anything Rapinoe "fought for". So don't come at me with that weak ass *****
Tell me you've never been on a team, without telling me you've never been on a team.

Cancers definitely do happen. All it takes is a single narcissistic head on a team to completely destroy it. It's clear that Rapinoe has a different agenda than just winning. All she talks about and acts on is her perceived victimhood. Her goal isn't winning, it's being a cause for "change". This is evident in her on-field and off-field responses after losing.

As the lead and the face of the team, her POV most definitely affected their focus, desire and purpose there at the World Cup. If players want to play, or want the ball, or to be included to plays, they have to fall in line with her mission.

You can't compartmentalize away someone like Rapinoe.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
ThunderFighter06
AG
He's right, you know...

halfastros81
AG
Also, nothing says "America Last"
Like some of the nonsense some of these players espouse .

jrdaustin
AG
ThunderFighter06 said:

He's right, you know...

Dayum! Alexi from the top rope....

And I'll bet he knows what he's talking about.

Ghost, care to tell us why he's wrong?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Haven't ever followed US Women's soccer but this thread peaked my interest to read up on them a bit and wow, that was only the 4th World Cup loss ever by the US team.

USA has absolutely dominated World Cup Women's soccer. We are the equivalent of Bama college football with any loss in that tournament a big deal
dreyOO
StandUpforAmerica said:

Soccer doesn't appear to be highest on her priority list...

Look kids. This is what a miserable person looks like.
ThunderFighter06
AG
This video is making the rounds on my news feed. It's from several years ago (Last Women's World Cup I believe). Posting without further comment...

justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
LarryElder said:

Garrelli 5000 said:

Sadly Morgan is just as crazy as Rapinoe. She's just hot and doesn't try harder to get in front of a microphone than to score like Rapinoe does.

Morgan is completely overrated in her looks , she looks like a mouse , no t and A either
Shut your mouth.
She is a leftist though.
justcallmeharry
S
captkirk
AG
halfastros81
AG
It takes a special brand of arrogance to turn as many Americans as they did against a USA national team in an international competition . Especially in women's soccer which most would otherwise just rather not care about at all.
Ag with kids
AG

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I am not surprised that Sweeden defeated the US 5-4 on penalty kicks to eliminate the US from the women's world cup. After the US defeated Vietnam 3-0, they struggled to a 1-1 draw against the Netherlands and 0-0 draw against Portugal in their previous matchups. This is poetic justice the consequence of the US women's soccer team spending too way too much time on woke agenda instead of improving their skills.

So when you agree with their politics, it's not a distraction?

They had some key injuries and their coach struggled to put them in the best possible situation. If you think they lost because of their politics, you are out of touch.
When the most prominent player on the team says that THE MOST IMPORTANT THING she got out of playing for the USWNT is "equal pay", I'd say that there was not the focus on playing the sport that there should have been.
BadMoonRisin
AG

Lmao. Look at this *****

Arrogant. 12th place.
APHIS AG
evan_aggie said:

Does not matter for the the team representing the country they disrespect and hate lost which was a good.
Showertime at the Bidens

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.