Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,797 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
1st Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ags4DaWin said:

LOL read the statement carefully.

They are STILL not backing down.

we are a beer company and beer is for everyone

Is the CEO's sneaky way of saying. We weren't wrong. We are going to continue this **** but try to keep it more under the radar and figure out where the line us to see how far we can push it before we upset people again. The people boycotting us are bigots because they don't think our beer should be for EVERYONE.

Everyone is code for the Alphabet people.

Keep it going.

**** 'em because they refuse to learn anything from this
Beer is for everyone, but Bud Light can't be for everyone. AB already had an established customer base for BL that didn't overlap with people who are influenced by the likes of Dylan Mulvaney. It's one of the immutable truths of marketing: you can't sell to everyone all the time. You have to pick a segment of the market and stick with it. They could still sell beer to the alphabet crowd by pitching one of their hundreds of other labels to DM's audience, or heck, even create a new one. The fact that they tried to shift Bud Light's customer base to Dylan Mulvaney's America without offering something to take its place in the mass market sent a clear message to Middle America: We don't want you. We don't want your money.

That's why we're here.
1st Generation Ag
ABATTBQ11 said:

1st Generation Ag said:

The Navy - officers who got promoted for reasons having nothing to do at all with warfighting.

Welcome to the peacetime military. This is a historical issue with just about any great power, where leaders and the promotion of leaders with nothing to fight lose focus on fighting. It turns into every organization where leadership falls into the trap of promoting people they like instead of people that fit the job. In wartime, those people they like end up dying and the people they need are what's left
We may have left Afghanistan and, by extension, the GWOT two years ago, but the Navy's drag queen poster boy has been more than two years in the making. I was an officer from 2007-2011, I wrote and received a lot of personnel reviews, and even then the sense among JMOs was that the evaluation/promotion system was screwed up. It didn't reward the right people for being good military leaders, but rather the ones who were good at the bureaucracy. I was in a combat unit so we tended to promote the right people, but you can see the effect it has had on the Navy's recruiting command. We've been a peacetime military longer than we've been at peace.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

or heck, even create a new one
Poke_the_Bear
AG
Anecdote time...so take what it is worth.

Im a coors banquet drinker, so i enter my local hang out for lunch and before i sit down they tell me no banquet and no coors light.

Waiting for the truck. So i get to talking to the manager, and she tells me they use to sell 6 cases a week of bud light, but have only sold 4 since this all started a month or so ago. They even ordered a couple cases because they were feeling sorry for the salesman.

Im also noticing most the county is running out of the yellow bellies.

Nanomachines son
Prosperdick said:

FrioAg 00 said:

The right answer is to fire some high level people, then come out and say:

"It's my fault. I'm that one that hired the people who confused a job of selling you great beer with the right to virtue signal and preach to you what they thought American values ought to be. Even worse, I was far too slow in realizing what was happening - I wasn't listening to you.

But I'm listening now and I have learned a lot. It will never happen again. We've made a lot of changes and All I'm asking is got the chance to re-earn your trust and the right to sell you beer again.

As a start to earning that trust - I'd like to begin by offering a 50% rebate for the rest of summer. We are also going to donate 10% of sales to veteran support organizations because we are thankful for the America they protect.

Respectfully, AB"
There is no right answer at this point as they are past the point of no return. Even if they took your advice it would fall on deaf ears. They're not winning anyone back. They need to pivot to a new brand, the old one is lost and damaged irreparably.

All money spent on marketing going forward is wasted and should be spent developing and promoting a new brand.

The answer is to choose. They can't fence sit any more. Their only option is to either choose us and make Blackrock and Vanguard angry, abandon ESG and DEI forever, and be perpetually declared a hate company or choose them and kill their entire brand forever. Do they want a company or do they want be supported by people who hate their product without a company to show for it.
Prosperdick
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Prosperdick said:

FrioAg 00 said:

The right answer is to fire some high level people, then come out and say:

"It's my fault. I'm that one that hired the people who confused a job of selling you great beer with the right to virtue signal and preach to you what they thought American values ought to be. Even worse, I was far too slow in realizing what was happening - I wasn't listening to you.

But I'm listening now and I have learned a lot. It will never happen again. We've made a lot of changes and All I'm asking is got the chance to re-earn your trust and the right to sell you beer again.

As a start to earning that trust - I'd like to begin by offering a 50% rebate for the rest of summer. We are also going to donate 10% of sales to veteran support organizations because we are thankful for the America they protect.

Respectfully, AB"
There is no right answer at this point as they are past the point of no return. Even if they took your advice it would fall on deaf ears. They're not winning anyone back. They need to pivot to a new brand, the old one is lost and damaged irreparably.

All money spent on marketing going forward is wasted and should be spent developing and promoting a new brand.

The answer is to choose. They can't fence sit any more. Their only option is to either choose us and make Blackrock and Vanguard angry, abandon ESG and DEI forever, and be perpetually declared a hate company or choose them and kill their entire brand forever. Do they want a company or do they want be supported by people who hate their product without a company to show for it.
I just don't think they can choose us...even if they made the harshest statement, fired horseface and the entire C-suite, smashed the DM BL can live on national TV it simply wouldn't matter. They've lost at LEAST 20% of their base and they have moved on and are not coming back regardless of what they do.

That's my point, it's done. That brand is finished...go all in on ESG/DEI and rainbow color the cans because that's their only hope and they know there simply isn't enough of that group to sustain their product line (and that's assuming that enough of that group drinks light beer, which they don't).

They have to kill the brand and move to another...it's not coming back.
Counterpoint
AG
Prosperdick said:

I *think* they may already be doing this with Michelob Ultra. I've seen several things that are normally sponsored by Bud that are now promoting MU.
dreyOO
will25u said:

They are really trying their little hearts out...

More on Twit.

And who was it that took the discussion away from beer you dip***** That CEO is worthless
Stat Monitor Repairman

Translation:

Some of our blue collar employees have now become a liability because our bigot customers aren't buying our beer. We are gonna try and float those employees for as long as we can, but the way things are going there will come an end date.

We've also used the word 'forward,' and the phrases as we move forward, move our business forward, and look forward as filler material because we cant release a two sentence statement from the CEO.
aggiehawg
AG
Terrific. Cindy McCain gets a corporate bailout.
ProgN
BassCowboy33 said:

Lots of internet convo on this one going both ways. Worth posting, but feels like GP, which already has a dubious journalistic record, is gaslighting a situation that isn't really a story.

I've done some research regarding this issue because I've switched to Flight and wanted to find out if it was true or just a coordinated attack. Yuengling.com was down and they didn't answer the phones, but it was Friday afternoon. I have some retail stores that sell alcohol so I called my distributor salesman because I know he has cell numbers for his Yuengling connections.

The YL rep said that they are aware of it and that YL did not do this. It was a local distributor and he kept repeating that they are "not affiliated" with this. I told him that was bull**** and "not affiliated" will only cause more damage and they risk losing the sales they've gained. BL tried the "not affiliated" BS with the only one can from an outside ad firm and how has that worked out. I reminded him that the Yuengling label is what is shown, not the distributor, so they are affiliated in people's minds. I also said that a delayed, lukewarm response from corporate using "not affiliated" would be the worst possible answer.

I recommended that YL should quickly and loudly publicly destroy the distributor and even fire the distributor for tying them to this **** because the gaystapo is already using it against them on social media and that AB/BL will too. He was made aware that there is no riding the fence or staying neutral in this culture war, and would YL rather destroy one dumbass distributor for putting their gains and reputation at risk, or risk losing all that they've gained.

We'll see if he listened and let the YL heads know how serious this is. If they go with "not affiliated", then he didn't.
YouBet
AG
"Moments that matter". His HR leader wrote that. Have seen it before in those circles.
samurai_science
Squadron7
AG
Alyssa Heinerscheid.

Remember the name.
CDUB98
AG
samurai_science said:

Whole lot of dancing around.
aggiehawg
AG
Squadron7 said:

Alyssa Heinerscheid.

Remember the name.
Only if I can shorten that to "Heinie" for Heineken, of course.
Sea Speed
AG
CDUB98 said:

samurai_science said:

Is that even their real Twitter account?
Hungry Ojos
Peyton Manning was shown on tv at the college World Series drinking a Bud Light.
Ag with kids
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Peyton Manning was shown on tv at the college World Series drinking a Bud Light.
First Bruce Jenner...

Now Peyton Manning...
Counterpoint
AG
Sea Speed said:

CDUB98 said:

samurai_science said:

Is that even their real Twitter account?

Yes
FarmerJohn
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Peyton owns a Budweiser distributorship, or at least is a significant investor. He knew he would be on camera.
ProgN
ABATTBQ11
AG
CDUB98 said:

samurai_science said:

No there's not. It's like getting upset at Minute Maid about a drag show at Minute Maid Park. They have the naming rights, but they have 0 control over there venue.
samurai_science
ABATTBQ11 said:

CDUB98 said:

samurai_science said:

No there's not. It's like getting upset at Minute Maid about a drag show at Minute Maid Park. They have the naming rights, but they have 0 control over there venue.
Also, they have had the naming rights YEARS before this but smooth brains think its a gotcha.
samurai_science

Michael with the haymaker
CDUB98
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

CDUB98 said:

samurai_science said:

The point is, as has been pointed out regarding Bood Light, Yuengling did not outright denounce the drag show. They danced on the line of support/not support. It can easily be said by the alphabet mafia that Yuengling didn't outright support.

Yuengling hot the PR middle perfectly, and for that, I'll give them credit.
aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TyHolden
AG
deddog
AG
dreyOO said:

will25u said:

They are really trying their little hearts out...

More on Twit.

And who was it that took the discussion away from beer you dip***** That CEO is worthless
The CEO clearly doesn't give a **** about Bud Light, AB or any of the folks he purportedly claims to care about
His time at AB is over.

This statement makes it clear that he's not going to piss off the ESG crowd at Vanguard and BlackRock, because they are also going to own the next company he works for.

bonfarr
AG
Having early Fathers Day lunch at Pappasito's and something is missing from the beer menu.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Had lunch in Marble Falls yesterday and the waitress listed Yuengling first which got my attention. No Bud Light offered. This was my 1st time eating there but I have to think this was a somewhat recent change in lineup.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
TyHolden
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

Had lunch in Marble Falls yesterday and the waitress listed Yuengling first which got my attention. No Bud Light offered. This was my 1st time eating there but I have to think this was a somewhat recent change in lineup.

Riverside Grill?
BurnetAggie99
TX_COWDOC said:

Which place in MF
TX_COWDOC
AG
River City Grill.
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
TX_COWDOC
AG
How was Gary P Nunn in Burnet last night?
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.