Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,769 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

Hopefully in that case study they highlight how AB could have fixed it with a real apology and a removal of the employee who made the horrible decision.

They severely underestimate the power of simple habit that has kept them on top for so long. It wasn't that they were the "best" it the "only" in their category. Bud light is in a beer/beverage category that is very easily replaced. Their consumer and brand loyalty for apparently 1/3 of their market was only as loyal as the next slot in the beer cooler. For a marketing department, that is 100% not knowing your audience and your consumer.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Clay Travis declares brand dead. Says after spending 10s of millions to revive the brand and Bud light still down 30% with Bud down 15%.
fullback44
AG
This is what happens when big brother buys enough of your stock to control who you hire … then forces stupid DEI stuff upon your company (by installing their own CEO) and then uses some LGBT weirdo as the face of the company… glad this happened, it needs to happen more to companies that they are destroying from within
Drahknor03
AG
Actually, what happened with Bud Light is an example of what happens when you DON'T sell enough of your stock to Big Brother, but still let Big Brother Brother's policies run your company.

InBev is public, but closely held. There is no BlackRock to prop up the share price when the stock tanks. Unlike Target and Disney, InBev's largest American institutional shareholder is Altria, which owns .75% of the company.

Compare that with Disney where the Big 3 of Vanguard, BlackRock, and State Street control almost 20% of the company's stock.

It's no coincidence that InBev has completely cratered while Disney is put-putting along despite making many of the same errors.
cslifer
While Disney is doing better than InBev when you compare stocks, you have an interesting definition of "completely cratered". BUD is up over the last 12 months, and if you look at the 5 year chart they are both down (admittedly DIS not as much, but down nonetheless).
deddog
AG
The Fife said:

G. hirsutum Ag said:

How has BL been moving during football season? Seems like I notice a little more around than I did but still not much
I still have yet to see anybody with one for months now, except or one guy I know who's way out on the left.

Staying with a horrible choice because they don't want to admit they were wrong? Sounds like every democrat voter I know
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Clay Travis declares brand dead.
The brand isn't dead. Is it permanently scarred? Yes. But it is no where close to dead.
The Fife
Yeah this guy maybe went through something during Desert Storm or was maybe odd to begin with, but he's definitely a little different.

Another friend of mine likes Bud Light Lime but she's basically apolitical and keeps on buying the stuff.
Stat Monitor Repairman

How much damage can a twink-in-a-tub cause?

Turns out a lot.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Would have to go back to the early pages of this thread... We had a poster that went into the details of shelf space, cooler space, and the very lucrative ice tub space in the c-stores.

If I recall he said that shuffle happens in April each year??
duck79
AG
There are spring resets and fall resets with the biggest being in the spring. Those usually occur April-May. For example, Kroger and HEB will both be completing theirs in April and May.

HEB also does a small winter plug for a select few new items.
nortex97
AG
LOL, I dare you not to laugh. Off 10 percent (BL itself).

Good job commie Ivy League management. "Quasi-permanent…those consumers are lost forever."
HunterAggie
nortex97 said:

Good job commie Ivy League management. "Quasi-permanent…those consumers are lost forever."

Nearly impossible to get back that product shelf space in the grocery world.

And that "chicken and the egg" dilemma alone will make it difficult for Bud Light to make a significant comeback.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
I'm not going to be the guy standing around five of my buddies holding a bud light while we're all drinking. You can call it peer pressure if you want or just not wanting to hear "you know how I know you're gay" all night.

MemphisAg1
AG
Was at a conference this week and approached the bar at happy hour and it looked like all they had was Bud and BL. That's a big no with me. Fortunately, the bartender also had Yuengling. If not, it would have been wine, liquor, water, tea, juice, or even nothing if that's the default. BL will never cross these lips again.
Irish 2.0
Apparently "fratty, kind of out of touch humor" is worth several several several billion dollars to some!
American Hardwood
AG
I was at a series of events last week where the only options were Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Ultra, and Dos Equis. I was all-in on Miller, and I hate Miller Lite.
Irish 2.0
Should've done Dos Equis. It is owned Heineken
Love Gun
MemphisAg1 said:

Was at a conference this week and approached the bar at happy hour and it looked like all they had was Bud and BL. That's a big no with me. Fortunately, the bartender also had Yuengling. If not, it would have been wine, liquor, water, tea, juice, or even nothing if that's the default. BL will never cross these lips again.

Yep. Same here. I don't touch A-B products ever again. I liked Busch Light because it was cheap and refreshing. Never again.
**** Joe Biden
American Hardwood
AG
I really don't like the taste of Dos XX lager either. Amber is okay though but wasn't an option. Went with Lite for the fewer calories and carbs.
Irish 2.0
American Hardwood said:

I really don't like the taste of Dos XX lager either. Amber is okay though but wasn't an option. Went with Lite for the fewer calories and carbs.
Fair enough.
BurnetAggie99
Yuengling with their all their brands like Flight has made an impact in the market in the States they are available. Also being Trump supporters has also helped them as well.
Bubblez
I never drink any of that macro crap. I still drink inBev brands like Karbach and Goose Island.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Showertime at the Bidens said:

CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

Would love to know who she is. Any links?

Where in the world is former Bud Light VP Alissa Heinerscheid? Where do these people go?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
cevans_40
AG
Bubblez said:

I never drink any of that macro crap. I still drink inBev brands like Karbach and Goose Island.

IPA's?
Tanya 93
We have had a slight up tick in sales.

Mainly people over 60
The Fife
cevans_40 said:

Bubblez said:

IPA's
Nah, that's like drinking Pine-Sol.
cevans_40
AG
The Fife said:

cevans_40 said:

Bubblez said:

IPA's
Nah, that's like drinking Pine-Sol.

Not for a liberal. It's just another in their long line of bad choices.
nortex97
AG
Presumably still living in manhattan. Living on her payout, probably going to Hamas protests/Trump show trial theatrics.
AgDad121619
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Should've done Dos Equis. It is owned Heineken
problem is Heineken is Europe based so prob more woke than InBev
Nitro Power
AG
If it was not for this wonderful thread I would have never experienced the awesomeness of Yuengling Flight. Thank you TA!
Prosperdick
AG
Nitro Power said:

If it was not for this wonderful thread I would have never experienced the awesomeness of Yuengling Flight. Thank you TA!

Me either! It's basically the only beer I drink now.
Logos Stick
nortex97 said:

I used to drink BL (although I'm more of a wine person).

Haven't touched it since they went trans. Ordered Modelo last night. I order Yuengling when it's available. I'll never drink BL again. It's too damn easy not to. Way too many other options.

Epic business fail.

Muy
AG
Avoid beer bellies, stop drinking beer ya fatasses.
aggiedata
AG
First Page Refresh
Page 107 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.